F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

A relatively uneventful race, but for McLaren fans, it was stressful!

Not his "greatest" drive, but in the context of the past few months, it was huge... nonetheless, a fantastic drive by Lewis (regardless of what happened to Seb)...
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

_56691723_bigpicture766.jpg

[h1]Ecclestone on verge of scrapping Austin Grand Prix[/h1]
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/driver/733.html
Bernie Ecclestone has said he is prepared to scrap the 2012 US Grand Prix in Austin after revealing there is no longer a valid contract to run the race.

It emerged this week that construction at the brand new circuit had ground to a halt amid contractual dispute between promoters Full Throttle Productions and the Circuit of the Americas (COTA). But Ecclestone has now revealed to the Press Association that the original race contract, issued to Full Throttle Productions, has been cancelled and that he is waiting on COTA to prove it has the money to pay for the race before he issues another.

"We've done everything we bloody well can do to make this race happen," Ecclestone told the Press Association. Asked if it could be dropped ahead of a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on December 7, where the 2012 calendar will be ratified, he added: "Yes, it will be, for sure, 100%."

OH FFS. COME ON.

Crazy isn't it? You'd think with the problems India had and South Korea the year before, TX would figure this out. Now the gov isn't willing to pay-up... it's a no-go.

I actually like elevation changes/undulations. I think it gives tracks a different sort of "character". Take Spa, for example... Eau Rouge wouldn't be the same with the climb.

First TX promised the $$$, now they claim they didn't... oh well.

No I'm with you, we were all looking forward to seeing that giant elevation change. Damn. Hopefully IndyCar or someone can make use of the track.

Lewis sporting a Senna-tribute helmet this weekend... and will be auctioned off afterwards...
x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

SEBASTIAN VETTEL SEIZES POLE POSITION FOR THE BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX WITH A LAP OF 1:11.918!

His 15th (!!!!) pole of the season, a new record.
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]S Vettel[/td] [td]Red Bull[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Australia[/td] [td]M Webber[/td] [td]Red Bull[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Great Britain[/td] [td]J Button[/td] [td]McLaren[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Great Britain[/td] [td]L Hamilton[/td] [td]McLaren[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Spain[/td] [td]F Alonso[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]N Rosberg[/td] [td]Mercedes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Brazil[/td] [td]F Massa[/td] [td]Ferrari[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]A Sutil[/td] [td]Force India[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Brazil[/td] [td]B Senna[/td] [td]Renault[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Germany[/td] [td]M Schumacher[/td] [td]Mercedes[/td][/tr][/table]
Sweet helmet from Hamilton, hopefully he can improve on that starting position.

_56969581_56969580.jpg

[h3]Brazilian Grand Prix[/h3]RaceLast updated: 27 Nov 2011 17:43 UK [table][tr][th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Country[/th] [th=""]Driver[/th] [th=""]Race Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Australia
[/td] [td]M Webber[/td] [td]1:32:17.464[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]S Vettel[/td] [td]1:32:34.447[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]J Button[/td] [td]1:32:45.102[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Spain
[/td] [td]F Alonso[/td] [td]1:32:52.512[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Brazil
[/td] [td]F Massa[/td] [td]1:33:24.197[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]A Sutil[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Germany
[/td] [td]N Rosberg[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Great Britain
[/td] [td]P Di Resta[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Japan[/td] [td]K Kobayashi[/td] [td]lapped[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Russian Federation[/td] [td]V Petrov[/td] [td]lapped[/td][/tr][/table]
Hey look, Mark gets a win.

Gearbox problem? Meh... it's a freakin conspiracy, I tell ya.
But I'm happy for Mark as he deserved something this season...

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

Good to see these boys put an end to it...

d11bra2178-massa-hamilton-640x424.jpg

Anyway... at the end, I guess it was just the 2 of us in this room... which I suppose is better than just 1 person, alone...
laugh.gif

70 days till testing... 

Ive been lurking fellas. Missed many races due to work scheduling but Ill try to chime in next season. I kinda used this thread as my own F1 "sportscenter" if you will. LOL

nice pics...what a season, definitely looking forward to see what the Scuderia has up their sleeves for next year! and seeing the Austin track!

^ Lol... guess you haven't been following, but Austin isn't happening, from the looks of things... Google News it...

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Ive been lurking fellas. Missed many races due to work scheduling not getting Speed channel until a month ago, but Ill try to chime in next season.
Yep.

Kimi coming back
pimp.gif
Loved watching him race for McLaren, wish he would have actually gone back to pair up with Hamilton, but whatever.

^ Should've went back to Ferrari.
30t6p3b.gif
Still good to have him back, though. Hope Lotus has a better car next year.
smokin.gif

Anyway, still lurking on this thread. Haven't gotten to catch the final two races of the season. Red Bull just dominated. Period.
sick.gif

So that means Kubica won't be back at all? Or will he return and be in the second car? Its a real shame, because I feel like he's the most talented driver on the grid along with Vettel.

Realistically, I don't think Bobby K was ever gonna make it in time for the '12 season. '13 perhaps... but some are even questioning whether he'll get back into F1 at all. They don't think he'll be able to get back those fine, motor-skills in his arms and hands, that is required in racing. Maybe '13... maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't comeback, but it would be a real, real shame.

Back
Top Bottom