F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

One-off Mobil 1 livery for their 20th anniversary w/ McLaren.

BikAfwPCQAA7ngU.jpg

One-off Mobil 1 livery for their 20th anniversary w/ McLaren.
BikAfwPCQAA7ngU.jpg

So that's what the newly-painted sidepods were for... thought it was a nod to the old livery of the late 90s. :smokin

Still awkward to see a McLaren so... blank.

Last edited:
Googled this (might be of help): http://goodguydangunpla.blogspot.com/2012/12/tutorial-how-to-apply-water-slide-decals.html
I'm not really sure what Mr. Mark Softer is, but it's smell reminds me of the stuff I had to put on a planters wart when I was a kid.So I'm guessing it's a really weak type of acid. Mark Softer 'melts' the decal to the part and helps to hide the borders. The overall effect is that the decal looks 'painted' onto the kit.

Word of warning, if you leave the Mark Softer on too long it will effect the underlying paint. If you decal moves while applying the Mark Softer, you have about 5 seconds to readjust it before the decal will start to fall apart while moving it.

To apply the mark softer just lightly brush the solution over the decal. After a few seconds remove any excess that pools up on the paint. After this step don't touch the part for a while; I typically let them sit over night to cure 100% before I touch anything!
Some of the decals go on the sidepod, while another goes on the rearwing.  I may or maynot need the Softer.  I'll get a bottle of Setter, no doubt.

BTW. 
sick.gif
 http://deagostini.jp/site/mch/pretop/index.html

EDIT 

And what a potential mess.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27505.html

Last edited:
*sigh* just a couple hours away before Vettel goes after V :smh:

at least that McLaren livery is only a one off, that **** is so ugly. Is that the best they could come up with? Should've used all the colors from the Mobil 1 logo.

what's so different about this year's car that makes them harder and takes longer to fix?

Sinner Sinner if I lived in HK, I would let you borrow my Micro Sol and Set as I have both. Gunze products are also good money, hobby products should be abundant in HK. You gotta have some friends or relatives that are into plamo hobby. By the way is that model plastic or die cast?

^ Thanks anyway! I think it's plastic.

But anyway, the new engines are a lot more complex cuz it's a brand new design, plus it has lots of new electronics like the KERS & new ERS units. 

EDIT

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Great Qualifying!... I hate Seb on his 1st championship but after watching a lot of his interview and watching him do work every race, you got to love him! Kinda like i want him to be at his best but not to win it all! :lol:

Still rooting for that boy lewis though!

This is going to be a fun and exciting season!

Happy to see Lewis on Pole.

Good job by Ricciardo as well. Shows that they have a good package.

Kimi :x

It's going to be messy in wet races though, every driver was working for their money this time round

Last edited:
Kimi's been struggling all winter... plus with all these new systems, its so tricky for everyone.  

Seb's friendly and all during interviews, but with Multi-21, a lot of people lost a lot of respect for him.  I can't say I feel bad for him.

Very happy for Daniel and Kevin though. 

Man, Tony Hawk looks old... :wow:

Missed out on qualifying because of work. Always seem to miss the races when it's on this side of the world. :lol: Will definitely be watching tomorrow... hopefully we don't go elsewhere after lunch. :\

^Cool... didn't realise he's two decades older than me :x

Check this out... here's a ton of images from Sutton on F1 cars this weekend

why'd they have to put Senna's face on the tip? :rofl: :x
SpGuF5E.jpg

Last edited:
^ I'm surprised you know who he is! 
laugh.gif

Unless you're a skater!

To be fair, they've always had the logo there... or thereabouts. 

williams-senna-3.jpg

3425734747_cb84962cb7.jpg

ded1208fe06.jpg

^ I'm surprised you know who he is! :lol:
Unless you're a skater!

Nope... just grew up watching the X-Games on ESPN and playing the Pro Skater series.

Missed the race as expected (go figure). :\ Sounded like Britney had a pretty dominant race. Pretty happy with Seb's retirement.... well done to Daniel Ricciardo and Kevin Magnussen. :smokin Happy to see McLaren back on its feet as well.

Although this could end on a sour note for Mr. Ricciardo :nerd:

^ Yep, following this story closely. 
nerd.gif

But Nico's pace... 
sick.gif
  For sure, they were probably holding back too. 

EDIT 

DSQ!

Last edited:
Tough break for Daniel. :\ If it were Seb, people would be celebrating... I know I would. Still bitter. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom