F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

So anyway... what a race!  How things turn!  And that battle between ALO and VET... they could have *****ed less, but the racing was amazing. LOL

JB with P4 was great, but he was 8/10ths off P3!!! 

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Great+Britain+ETPOdTw7_zEx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Great+Britain+Qtx772Nojv5x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Great+Britain+NHbxoJGRvfLx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Great+Britain+hQewzbi7pEbx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Great+Britain+7Wj4hEZ7H8Hx.jpg

Any pics of the Kimi crash?

Hamilton's slow pits stops compared to Nico has to be on purpose :lol: :smh:

Surprisingly, couldn't find that many pics of the crash... maybe it was at a part of the track where there weren't that many photogs?

Anyway.

Wow those look good :wow:

What are the benefits though. The video didn't really go into much detail.

Pirelli wants to make it more relevant to roadcars... but in terms of F1, I hear that suspension-geometry engineers will rejoice.  With less tire sidewall for deflection and whatnot, it'll make their simulations/modelling less complex.  Easier to model the characteristics of the car's suspension. 

EDIT 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114899

Charles Pic believes both teams and drivers would face a "big challenge" if the Formula 1's potential switch to 18-inch tyres is given the go-ahead.

The Lotus reserve driver completed 14 laps on Pirelli's experimental rubber during the morning of the final day of the Silverstone F1 test as part of a trial for a possible switch in 2017, or even a year earlier.

The Lotus was run largely in 2014 trim, with only minor changes to allow for the different clearances involved and small modifications to the suspension setup.

"If we go with this type of tyre one day, it will be a big challenge," said Pic when asked by AUTOSPORT whether he believes F1 should make the change.

"For the teams, because they will have to build a completely new car around it because the philosophy is completely different, and also for the drivers because they are completely different.

"And on the looks side, it is different and some people will like it, others not. Honestly, I thought they were a bit too big, but then maybe it is because it was the first time I saw them on the car."

Pic was unable to push hard on the rubber and was forced to adhere to a top speed limit on the straights and keep off the kerb because the tyres are only a prototype.

He found that it made a big difference to the behaviour of the car.

"The goal was to try and run them and see how they react," said Pic.

"The overall grip was very low, I think it was five or six seconds off the pace, mainly for the reason that the rest of the car was made for the normal tyre, not the prototype.

"It is true that they are more reactive and nervous, and then on top of that you lose a lot of aero.

"It is not even like you are in Monza configuration, it is even less because of this type of tyre.

"If you look at handling, of course it is not good - but that was not the point of the test.

"This was really the beginning with this type of tyre and for sure they will improve it.

"I think in the philosophy it will be a type of tyre that will react quickly, and the reaction you get in the steering wheel is more nervous. Each time you get the snap it is quicker [than with the standard tyres]."

Last edited:
Looks a little rice-y from some angles...

Interesting to see how this would affect the aero as well (aside from the suspension). The larger tyres definitely create more drag.

Of course the FIFA banned Nico's original helmet.  
eyes.gif

It's only a German celebrating Germany's WC victory in Germany. 
mean.gif

His new lid.

Helm-Nico-Rosberg-Formel-1-GP-Deutschland-Hockenheim-17-Juli-2014-fotoshowBigImage-d113f3bd-794955.jpg

Helm-Nico-Rosberg-Formel-1-GP-Deutschland-Hockenheim-17-Juli-2014-fotoshowBigImage-9a87a0e7-794954.jpg

Helm-Nico-Rosberg-Formel-1-GP-Deutschland-Hockenheim-17-Juli-2014-fotoshowBigImage-b7a692c-794956.jpg

Helm-Nico-Rosberg-Formel-1-GP-Deutschland-Hockenheim-17-Juli-2014-fotoshowBigImage-7ba3c66c-794921.jpg

FIFA are a bunch of ***** for that one. :stoneface:

Man, those Schuberth helmets aren't cheap, and these guys just keep on changing them every race (even though they're sponsored). :x

FIFA are a bunch of ***** for that one.
indifferent.gif

Man, those Schuberth helmets aren't cheap, and these guys just keep on changing them every race (even though they're sponsored).
sick.gif
You know, I completely understand the whole commercial aspect of it... and they have every right to do so... but damn, it just makes them look damn petty when Rihanna went around posting all those pics. 

You know, I completely understand the whole commercial aspect of it... and they have every right to do so... but damn, it just makes them look damn petty when Rihanna went around posting all those pics. 

Man, if he didn't post it on Twitter until race day, he would've gotten away with it! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom