Fall SB's....teaser pic...

i feel like all the anti hype ppl posting are posting simply for that reason or something. Or you just don't understand how to similar shoes can becompletely different depending on color placement and materials, but i guess yall just don't see it. you're making such a big deal out of somethingthat is someone's opinion. i'd be willing to bet that if those black/white SBs released as a GR with all the same details they would sell quicker thanany other GR dunk that you can get your hands on. why? CAUSE IT A NICE SHOE! now who wants to tell me otherwise. Actually think aboutit.

i'd be willing to bet that if those black/white SBs released as a GR with all the same details they would sell quicker than any other GR dunk that you can get your hands on. why? CAUSE IT A NICE SHOE! now who wants to tell me otherwise. Actually think about it.

I've thought about it...even pictured these with a 6.0 label on the tongue. And YES...they would STILL hit clearance racks if they were a GR.Sorry...........
smh.gif

to me....dunks are dunks....whethers its GR, SB, 6.0.....i don't care....as long as they are hot!

my all-time favorite dunk is a GR BTW:
422153eb4d4a11127f4614e8a355259ef305560.pjpg

As nice as a GR can get...point blank. I paid $19.99 at my local Footaction for those same 3M dunks 5 plus years ago...and I still own them. Wonder where allmy plain colorway purist were back then. And you can't use the "all GR's have crappy leather" excuse for these babies, cause it had none!
But sit on clearance racks they did anyways. You figure it out!!!

^^exactly....i bought those way back when SB's were probably at the top of their game. even my sister lost her 3M pair a year ago while moving and has beenharassing me to find her another pair. i even bought a 2nd pair for myself from my friend for like 30 bucks. point is.....people who aren't into the whole"culture" of sneakers appreciate a good looking shoe and the materials always help to add appeal. man i wish i would have seen those sitting on salesracks back then....i would have def. picked up at least 3 pairs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakermane

to me....dunks are dunks....whethers its GR, SB, 6.0.....i don't care....as long as they are hot!

As nice as a GR can get...point blank. I paid $19.99 at my local Footaction for those same 3M dunks 5 plus years ago...and I still own them. Wonder where all my plain colorway purist were back then. And you can't use the "all GR's have crappy leather" excuse for these babies, cause it had none!

dude, i got that deal too!
pimp.gif

rocked em straight to the ground!

shoulda bought a few other pairs if i had known they woulda sold for $100

the black/ whites are beautiful. good color placement, simple and clean. but the other two are not exactly attractive... the batmans arent terrible though

i'd be willing to bet that if those black/white SBs released as a GR with all the same details they would sell quicker than any other GR dunk that you can get your hands on. why? CAUSE IT A NICE SHOE! now who wants to tell me otherwise. Actually think about it.

I've thought about it...even pictured these with a 6.0 label on the tongue. And YES...they would STILL hit clearance racks if they were a GR. Sorry...........
smh.gif

As nice as a GR can get...point blank. I paid $19.99 at my local Footaction for those same 3M dunks 5 plus years ago...and I still own them. Wonder where all my plain colorway purist were back then. And you can't use the "all GR's have crappy leather" excuse for these babies, cause it had none!

think about. GRs release in greater quantity and to more stores. thats the only reason why a nice GR would hit clearance as do many

i don't know if this was mentioned but the ones on the right, the black and white hi's are going to be a general released and they going to do themevery year. similar to what they do with the all white and the all black AF1's. this was told to me by one of my connects i get my SB's from and theyhave a legit skate shop. those 2 hi's are a definate cop.

Man, whatever. I'm not worried about the purists or the new hype-kids. I just wanna see more pics of the Black/White pair. Because I like them and I'dlike to buy them for a decent price and wear them. With clothes.

JEEZ!! It's just shoes, kids.

Originally Posted by Derrtay

i am well aware of the differences.

but the fact that these got NO recognition and sat on the shelves for MONTHS because it was a GR is the point i'm getting at, while it is almost the same shoe.

NONE.

i can guarantee that if they slapped the SB tag on the GR's you guys would be praising it.

no one cared about crappy leather (I.E. Rayguns) on SB's when they released.

and no one cared about the color blocking when the NORT/RECON dunks came out.

did people complain?

definitely.

did they still fly off the shelves?

you bet they did.

so..that's just my point ov view. I'm not trying to start crap...just seeking a sort of discussion into the psychological side of things....

here are some pictures for reference....

sneakerhead_1998_42634692

NORT/RECONS

nike-raygun-drunks-sb.jpg

Rayguns

because these totally flew off the shelves right?
dunk_sb_hi_obs_pink.jpg

^^^You right. Shy/Pinks sat on the shelves for a lil'. Went on sale at my spot.

Funny...I just recently sold those for twice what I paid for them.
$65...out the door 3 years ago. $135 vnds...a month ago.

You figure it out!

HOLLA!!!

Originally Posted by ankles2008

i feel like all the anti hype ppl posting are posting simply for that reason or something. Or you just don't understand how to similar shoes can be completely different depending on color placement and materials, but i guess yall just don't see it. you're making such a big deal out of something that is someone's opinion. i'd be willing to bet that if those black/white SBs released as a GR with all the same details they would sell quicker than any other GR dunk that you can get your hands on. why? CAUSE IT A NICE SHOE! now who wants to tell me otherwise. Actually think about it.

Exacly!!!!

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

Originally Posted by ankles2008

i feel like all the anti hype ppl posting are posting simply for that reason or something. Or you just don't understand how to similar shoes can be completely different depending on color placement and materials, but i guess yall just don't see it. you're making such a big deal out of something that is someone's opinion. i'd be willing to bet that if those black/white SBs released as a GR with all the same details they would sell quicker than any other GR dunk that you can get your hands on. why? CAUSE IT A NICE SHOE! now who wants to tell me otherwise. Actually think about it.

Exacly!!!!

totally skipped this earlier. QFMFT

damn all this fighting

am I the only one who wears SBs for the thickness???

to be honest i've always worn skate shoes or thicker shoes my whole life (like old school runners), i cant get down with regular dunks but that also beingsaid ive never really bought into the hype SB's created, the only high profile SB I ever owned was the Tiffs

I owned the entire 1st series but when they dropped noone gave a rats @%! about them, I paid $65 a piece and they sat on shelves at Nocturnal (in Philly formonths)

when i was younger I would always be wearing Superstars or Cortez b/c they were thick and went well with the jeans i wore, wearing thin shoes like Chucks orretro Vans just looked dumb

besides that I generally would wear all the Dunks that were simple and easy to obtain

blk and white dunks n the joints on the far left look good spark blue co.jp and the last row second to last on the right are nice.
some gr dunks have good quality i forgot which ones i copped that we're gr's but the leather was nice

I've thought about it...even pictured these with a 6.0 label on the tongue. And YES...they would STILL hit clearance racks if they were a GR. Sorry...........
smh.gif

Yep, i got the same 19.99 deal as well, although i thought it was from finishline, but maybe it was footaction,... really dont remember.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Man, whatever. I'm not worried about the purists or the new hype-kids. I just wanna see more pics of the Black/White pair. Because I like them and I'd like to buy them for a decent price and wear them. With clothes.

JEEZ!! It's just shoes, kids.

Grown folk talk.

^^^You right. Shy/Pinks sat on the shelves for a lil'. Went on sale at my spot.

Funny...I just recently sold those for twice what I paid for them.
$65...out the door 3 years ago. $135 vnds...a month ago.

You figure it out!

HOLLA!!!

hmm...3 years ago? oh wait so that means that there are none left by now right? i guess if ppl didn't want them in your area than nobody else didright? I guess nobody still wants them right?

yeah i guess so.

Kan't go wrong with a black/white pair of shoes. One of the few SBs I'll kop this year.

People just wear what you like. Whether, it is "lowly" GR or a "highly coveted" SB. If YOU like it, buy it, then wear it.

Back
Top Bottom