FALLING ASLEEP AT WORK

The last two nights I've gotten four and five hrs of sleep, respectively. Today I was so close to putting my head down on my keyboard. I knew it would have looked ridiculous, but I wanted to. I know that might be considered a good amount of sleep for some people, but there's just something about sitting in a cubicle looking at a computer for eight hours that makes me tired.
One time when I was 19, I had my own office at this internship and I took a nap on the carpet floor with the door locked.

When I was 20 I worked for two weeks in the grocery store meat dept... had to work 5 am - 1 pm, and my roommates usually were loud until 2-3 am so after a few weeks of that I went insane and just said "don't put me on the schedule anymore." Used to get like five hours combined sleep in four nights. 
indifferent.gif
 I was always moving though, so I just collapsed mentally. Horrible.

OFFICIAL WORK NAP THREAD begins now

In high school my grocery store caught a worker (with an online gambling addiction) who would clock in, go to the basement, set up a castle with toilet paper and nap/eat ice cream/drink gatorade for hours at a time. Got exposed a few months later. 
laugh.gif

I'm a cashier so i don't think it's possible without getting fired on the spot
laugh.gif

There's been times where I worked self-checkout and when it got slow i would fall asleep standing up though. dead serious

I used to work at Nathans when I was 15 or so, and I would take naps in the bathroom on the regular. Just sit in the stall, put a box of toilet paper on my lap as a pillow and knockout for a hour or so.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

The last two nights I've gotten four and five hrs of sleep, respectively. Today I was so close to putting my head down on my keyboard. I knew it would have looked ridiculous, but I wanted to. I know that might be considered a good amount of sleep for some people, but there's just something about sitting in a cubicle looking at a computer for eight hours that makes me tired.
One time when I was 19, I had my own office at this internship and I took a nap on the carpet floor with the door locked.

When I was 20 I worked for two weeks in the grocery store meat dept... had to work 5 am - 1 pm, and my roommates usually were loud until 2-3 am so after a few weeks of that I went insane and just said "don't put me on the schedule anymore." Used to get like five hours combined sleep in four nights. 
indifferent.gif
 I was always moving though, so I just collapsed mentally. Horrible.

OFFICIAL WORK NAP THREAD begins now

In high school my grocery store caught a worker (with an online gambling addiction) who would clock in, go to the basement, set up a castle with toilet paper and nap/eat ice cream/drink gatorade for hours at a time. Got exposed a few months later. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that's G status right there, not a care was given that day.

I my man am the exception. I would stay out all night (granted I did not smoke or drink at the time) until probably 2ish wake up at 7am and demolish and reconstruct houses. I would continue this. I hope I learn better sleeping habits in college... yea right.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

I used to work at Nathans when I was 15 or so, and I would take naps in the bathroom on the regular. Just sit in the stall, put a box of toilet paper on my lap as a pillow and knockout for a hour or so.

weirdest image in my head right now. you must have killed your back/neck.

Originally Posted by TupacsBack

I my man am the exception. I would stay out all night (granted I did not smoke or drink at the time) until probably 2ish wake up at 7am and demolish and reconstruct houses. I would continue this. I hope I learn better sleeping habits in college... yea right.

Props man... my college roommate was like this. Used to drink and stay up til 2 and then head out the next day at 6 doing landscaping all day. 
eek.gif

i'm just on that wild stupid summer party life mode now. it'll all come to a halt once school starts. i just have absolutely nothing to do everyday until i work at 5pm.

I'm in the same boat right now. I went out drinking last night (bad idea) and I just want to put head down on desk so bad.

A few years ago, I did security for this one building from 1am to 1pm. I brought mad blankets and layed them on the floor like a bed and went to sleep all night. One night I had the girl I was dating over for some late night action. We ended up falling asleep on the floor naked and some dude had to fix the door or something in the office so he had a key to get in. HE opened the door and saw us laying on the ground. SMH. It was literally the most embarrassed I had ever been. Dude said "umm...." and just walked back out until i got everything situated.

i got to the conference room (has no windows) and sit or lie on floor under the table and close my eyes to refresh myself. probably really passed out only like 2 times. people go there for phone calls all the time. i just bring my phone, leave the light open and my biz. even if they found out i dont think they care.

yeah I just go to the bathroom to chill for a good 15 mins and clear my head, never can I actually take a nice nap. =/

Originally Posted by aznlilrs

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

weirdest image in my head right now. you must have killed your back/neck.
At my old job i used to do this.

Id come to work friday after dollar bottles and 2 hours of sleep.  Still drunk.  Once i threw up in the morning in the work bathroom and proceeded to sleep in the handicap stall for a solid 45 mins just sitting on the toilet, pants up, head in hands, in fetal position.

When you are super tired your last concern at work is comfort.  Making sure you don't get caught is your number 1 concern

Was working ticket sales at 6 flags and I closed my blinds in the booth and fell asleep...I didn't know I was the only booth open so patrons started to complain about not being able to buy tickets

My cousin said he slept on the bathroom floor during work. We worked at the same office he came in and told me. He used to BS everyone so Idk if its true.

I used to go to work and school and the gym and go drinking all night/chill with my friends like 4 to 5 days a week. I used to motivate myself to get up early saying "dont worry I will sleep in class". I did that for the whole semester until I got yelled at with 2 weeks to go. Idk why this guy was hasseling me I got 90's on the first test and the mid term by that point so its not like I was doing bad.

Usually if I caught the nap in school Id be good. But when I had to stop it. I would go to work after and Id be staring at the PC all day and Id start dreaming for a good 5 seconds and then Id come back to the real world. I remember one time I was typing something and all of a sudden I seen this girl get into a bathtub and start taking a shower with her clothes on and then I opened my eyes. Didnt realize I fell asleep until after I started dreaming.

By 4pm tho I was usually good and I would just go to the gym and then Id go home and chill with my friends/drink/smoke/party/poker/ceelo all night.

Originally Posted by Meallen125

Was working ticket sales at 6 flags and I closed my blinds in the booth and fell asleep...I didn't know I was the only booth open so patrons started to complain about not being able to buy tickets
roll.gif

not a damb was given

I wish I could nap at work.. I work with kids so there's not really much luck there. I did suggest nap tome one day though haha.

I share a huge office with a bunch of coworkers so I know I couldn't get away with it. I wish I could nap. I know one of the partners at my job comes in drunk and sleeps in his office all day. talks about "it's closer to work then to go home and sleep" I hate him

Back
Top Bottom