*~*~Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic*~*~* DROPS TOMORROW 6/11!!!†

smh.gif
 SOMEBODY STOP THAT BOY!!!!!!!

I'm loving this. Definitely a nice tribute to an all time classic album and he changed it up just enough to make it very entertaining. He's definitely a fresh MC. His first album was top quality and this is a nice little taste to keep me held over for his next joint.

I actually like this. Dude did his thing on this tape and its a great tribute to Illmatic. Nothing will ever be Illmatic but if you listen to this with an open mind and appreciate his lyrically skills and ability to cover the album effectively then you should enjoy this.

Originally Posted by sherif23

I know none of you will admit this but Fashawn came harder than Nas on these beats. 
laugh.gif
 Shut up.
I will admit when he was going in on World is Yours I got scared for a second. 

Discovered dude for the first time around March during the SXSW Austin Music Festival.  Somehow I knew that this kid was going to be a beast on the mic. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I actually like this. Dude did his thing on this tape and its a great tribute to Illmatic. Nothing will ever be Illmatic but if you listen to this with an open mind and appreciate his lyrically skills and ability to cover the album effectively then you should enjoy this.

My God this guy went in on that Memory Lane. Good lord he went in.

Yeah it's foolish to compare the guy to Nas at this point because Nas created all of this from scratch while Fash had a nice blueprint to work with, but come on, the guy wasn't that far behind Nas on the mic.

good to actually see a thread on someone dope in the music forum
pimp.gif

I like what he did with The World Is Yours and It Aint Hard To Tell. He really spit and followed the blueprint well on The World Is Yours.

Back
Top Bottom