Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

Don't eat fast food so I don't mind them protesting for a fair wage

They'll go hungry before I do 
devil.gif

Last edited:
fast food workers should be protesting rising inflation and how lousy our education and preparation system is. these wage increases will lead to more automation and job cuts.

computers have been popular since the late 80s and it's despicable that coding hasn't been taught in schools. raising mininum wage is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. that 15 bucks will be worth the 7 they're getting now in a few years.

Nope cause I dont even make that much :lol: unless pay gets raised universally. They should make more than minimum wage tho. The trickle effect of fast food workers getting 15 an hour would be catastrophic for other small jobs like retail workers cause they'll want the same kinda pay raise lol. And so on & so forth

I mean, these companies make billions upon billions of dollars and don't give two ***** about their workers.. Though I think $15 is a bit high for someone to flip some burgers and put some fries in oil, I do understand that inflation is real, jobs are scarce (wage increase will also mean less jobs though) and these people need to survive.. But w/e they get my vote... They most likely won't see this "$15" they're looking for

I just think they should be able to unionize. Once that happens, they can actually negotiate for a realistic wage and protect themselves, rather than simply demand x amount of dollars with no other infrastructure to support them.

Without provisions and rules in place, they might get that wage increase, but I guarantee a good deal of people will lose their job because the companies will begin making outrageous demands to justify that wage increase.

fast food workers should be protesting rising inflation and how lousy our education and preparation system is. these wage increases will lead to more automation and job cuts.

computers have been popular since the late 80s and it's despicable that coding hasn't been taught in schools. raising mininum wage is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. that 15 bucks will be worth the 7 they're getting now in a few years.
Agreed. Fast food jobs were initially meant for younger people as their first jobs, or jobs to have while in school type of thing; not meant to be made a career unless you are in a management position. $15 is too much for that type of job IMO, I agree that living off minimum wage is rough, but $15 na

15$ an hour isnt a ton of money

Its not, but it is double what many of them make now (min. wage in MN is $7.55). I don't care what you do, asking for double with no real change in proposed duties and responsibilities is ridiculous in any situation.

I just think they should be able to unionize. Once that happens, they can actually negotiate for a realistic wage and protect themselves, rather than simply demand x amount of dollars with no other infrastructure to support them.

Without provisions and rules in place, they might get that wage increase, but I guarantee a good deal of people will lose their job because the companies will begin making outrageous demands to justify that wage increase.
Its not, but it is double what many of them make now (min. wage in MN is $7.55). I don't care what you do, asking for double with no real change in proposed duties and responsibilities is ridiculous in any situation.

imagine if everybody got their pay increased to double...........all of us here

but inflation doubles also

so it doesnt even matter

15$ isnt alot for any job

have any of you dudes every worked at a mcdonalds?

nobody should be expected to live off less than 8$ an hour

there are people with much easier jobs making waaaaay more

**** them.

I work twice as hard as them with higher stress levels and don't even get paid that much. AND that's with two certifications.

Find another job jeez if you don't feel like it is paying you enough.

Last edited:
You work at McDonald's fam?

You can honestly say that working at those establishments entitles someone to make $15 an hour?

I did growing up and it was harder than my job now and i make more than 15$ an hour

"Not a hard job", so tell us, what is a "hard job"? At what difficulty = $15? I've sat behind a desk and answered emails for 21bucks an hour. That was also a "not hard job" IMO.

just answer the question son

how the **** do you know how much skill is worth a dollar.

Please stop talking out your ***

If fast food workers want to protest for a higher wage then by all means they should. It should be a lesson for all workers in similar industries to do the same.

minimum wage should be a living wage.

And what does your idea of "skill" have to do with working hard? Digging a ditch is a pretty simple concept yet is still hard work

Back
Top Bottom