Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

Seattle recently passed a $15 minimum wage. People come out of college into white collar positions not even making that much. I have to agree that's a lot to ask for that job.

I dont understand how busting your *** at mcdonalds preparing what people eat shouldn't pay you more than answering phones

You should know what you are getting into when you are applying to McDonalds.

You know the job is going to suck and the wages are going to be low. 

People shouldn't get the job and then have a bunch of unrealistic expectations once they experience first hand how much the job sucks. 

It's ******* McDonalds!

Nobody should be expected to make a living off of working at mcdonalds either.
This.

mcdonalds isnt the only place paying in that range

should you not be expected to make a living working a walmart etc ?

Really? I always thought Walmart paid more. Maybe if you're 18 in an entry level position or something you'd be getting min. but I'm just talking about a McDs jobs

Like you said, you worked there when you were younger. Could you ever see yourself doing what you did for the rest of your life? These jobs are for younger ppl trying to make money or a bounce around job for folks, but not a full time, lifelong career. Sure as you move up you could start getting paid more but if you have a $15 min wage it's only going to make everything else go up more

1400144314043s.jpg

This is a McDonald's Menu in 1981.   Adjusted for inflation a big mac today is about $1.80.  What happened?

What happened was that our money got devalued because more of it got printed. it's the wonders of fractional reserve banking, creating money/debt out of nothing. They get the $ they just invented by printing more and loaning it to us on interest, and we hold the bag/debt. Then things get more expensive than the rate of inflation should allow.  Basically, they're holding a bunch of currency that they made on their own, and the money we hold loses its value because the supply grows faster than wages increase to keep up.

And on top of that being less than half of what the actual price is, I'll bet you anything the quality of that doubly expensive Big Mac has gotten worse too.

I say all of that to make the point that wages have done the exact opposite of prices.  Whereas our wages have not adjusted to the rate of inflation, the costs we pay for everything have.  Fast food workers campaigning for higher wages represents people attempting to bring their wages closer to what they should be, given how much more expensive cost of living is today.

Last edited:
What happened to not counting another mans pockets? Isnt that the mantra on here? You dont think the guy who flips your burger should make x amount of dollars but the guys who put balls in hoops is entitled to millions...makes sense

1400144314043s.jpg

This is a McDonald's Menu in 1981.   Adjusted for inflation a big mac today is about $1.80.  What happened?

What happened was that our money got devalued because more of it got printed. it's the wonders of fractional reserve banking, creating money/debt out of nothing. They get the $ they just invented by printing more and loaning it to us on interest, and we hold the bag/debt. Then things get more expensive than the rate of inflation should allow.  Basically, they're holding a bunch of currency that they made on their own, and the money we hold loses its value because the supply grows faster than wages increase to keep up.

And on top of that being less than half of what the actual price is, I'll bet you anything the quality of that doubly expensive Big Mac has gotten worse too.

Wait until the dollar reserves that other countries were holding makes it way back over here.. Hyperinflation ftw! :smh:

Really? I always thought Walmart paid more. Maybe if you're 18 in an entry level position or something you'd be getting min. but I'm just talking about a McDs jobs

Like you said, you worked there when you were younger. Could you ever see yourself doing what you did for the rest of your life? These jobs are for younger ppl trying to make money or a bounce around job for folks, but not a full time, lifelong career. Sure as you move up you could start getting paid more but if you have a $15 min wage it's only going to make everything else go up more

everyone doesnt have an opportunity to bounce around tho and most people working at mcdonalds are not kids idk who started that myth maybe to justify paying them ******** when i worked at mcdonalds there were 3 people on the whole staff under 19 and every thing else has already gone up except wages

1400144314043s.jpg

I say all of that to make the point that wages have done the exact opposite of prices.  Whereas our wages have not adjusted to the rate of inflation, the costs we pay for everything have.  Fast food workers campaigning for higher wages represents people attempting to bring their wages closer to what they should be, given how much more expensive cost of living is today.

THANK YOU

What happened to not counting another mans pockets? Isnt that the mantra on here? You dont think the guy who flips your burger should make x amount of dollars but the guys who put balls in hoops is entitled to millions...makes sense

This

Meh they can get a pay increase but not to $15.00. Some of these people need to move on and leave these fast food jobs to people who are in desperate situations and or young and looking for some extra cash. Can't be having 3 kids working at mcdonalds and expecting to feed them off $ 7.25 an hour.

Meh they can get a pay increase but not to $15.00. Some of these people need to move on and leave these fast food jobs to people who are in desperate situations and or young and looking for some extra cash. Can't be having 3 kids working at mcdonalds and expecting to feed them off $ 7.25 an hour.

Move on to where.....?

Its like wage stagnation is a myth too, and trickle down economics is working.

Last edited by a moderator:
The domino effect would be too severe if McDonalds got a pay bump to $15, hell even $12. I know low level engineers that make $15/hr, it would be a slap in the face to them to have the burger flipping job anyone can do paying comparable wages. Fast food pays what it does because it is low skill and always a available option. Need after school job, just got out of prison, yup Mcdonalds has you covered. Sure there are easy office jobs, but that comes down to the luck of the draw. Tell the fry cook to put his resume' in and hope for a callback like anyone else.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll value their jobs more and not continue to **** up my orders at 15 an hour

The domino effect would be too severe if McDonalds got a pay bump to $15, hell even $12. I know low level engineers that make $15/hr, it would be a slap in the face to them to have the burger flipping job anyone can do paying comparable wages. Fast food pays what it does because it is low skill and always a available option. Need after school job, just got out of prison, yup Mcdonalds has you covered. Sure there are easy office jobs, but that comes down to the luck of the draw. Tell the fry cook to put his resume' in and hope for a callback like anyone else.

dont even think mcDs will hire you if you went to jail

Move on to where.....?
Go to school and get your degree or get a trade. Find a job that pays more.
Real easy to say. Not always easy to do.
Which is why people who DO it, make more money than those who don't.

You think people who are making $15 per hour right now are just gonna sit around and watch as the girl at the drive thru all the sudden gets double what shes currently making?  

i think min. wage should increase. Difficult to say this but a majority of the cash would just go right back to the companies/ stores/ businesses/ gov. anyways.

Back
Top Bottom