Fellas: Helping Females With Their Bills

Not the bills, but out of courtesy at least buy grub, whether it's groceries or take out.

I never charged girls when they would crash, so same concept applies. However, when they would bring food it was always appreciated.

If a man/woman is crashing at your place 5 out of the 7 days of the week, it's time to have the "move in" talk
, :lol:

:lol: pretty much.

I was more than capable of self sustainment and theres a good chance that she did not subscribe to the same philosophy. Its not about "Since I'm doing it, she should to" its just the fact that if I'm staying somewhere besides my home, I have to do something to earn my keep
And $ is the only way to make this happen?

If yall are together, YALL are doing things for eachother at different moments. A relationship is give and take. People "use" each other. Sorry to sound so harsh but you wouldn't be with someone if you weren't getting SOMETHING from them.

I mean your, "I was raised not to take but to give" story sounds noble but I don't know man. Better man than I am.
glasses.gif
Everything you just said is correct, but its really the wrinkle of you staying at their place that changes the game.

If you were staying at your boys place that much wouldnt you float him money? Just because you're in a relationship with that person doesnt void the concept of "paying for living arrangements". I couldnt stay in anyones home sans my parents' for that amount of time without contributing something. Doesnt have to be money, but you cant be there and do nothing 

Last edited:
NT seems to make things so complicated lol.

If we serious and she needed a lil help and my bills where paid why not?

I don't see the problem with NOT paying either.

I've never charged a girl for eating my food, never asked to contribute to a bill either.

There has to be a balance but food is about as far as it goes. You cook for me one night, I take us out to eat another.

If you're paying any other bill y'all might as well shack up. What I look like paying a cable bill and when I'm not around Tyrone is using my NBA league pass?
:lol:

@AntiDope, my thing is a relationship is give and take. People's resources get used up when you are in a relationship. House-based resources don't supercede resources from elsewhere. That is just my opinion.

I mean if I am paying for us anytime we go out.
If I am driving everywhere.

I am still expected to chip in your bills because I am there a few nights of the week? Even though you might be at my spot a few times as well.

I just think it is tit-for-tat man.

There has to be a balance but food is about as far as it goes. You cook for me one night, I take us out to eat another.

If you're paying any other bill y'all might as well shack up. What I look like paying a cable bill and when I'm not around Tyrone is using my NBA league pass?
laugh.gif

@AntiDope, my thing is a relationship is give and take. People's resources get used up when you are in a relationship. House-based resources don't supercede resources from elsewhere. That is just my opinion.

I mean if I am paying for us anytime we go out.
If I am driving everywhere.

I am still expected to chip in your bills because I am there a few nights of the week? Even though you might be at my spot a few times as well.

I just think it is tit-for-tat man.
That seems nitpicky though. If you start doing the "Well I paid for this and it cost X" thing then it will never end.

I'm well aware that my opinions on this matter are on the left side of the fence though. 

Freeloading *** ****** in here

Type of dudes to eat the whole bag of Doritos but leave like 6 chips in the bag then roll it up and put it back in the cabinent like somebody can actually eat that

That seems nitpicky though. If you start doing the "Well I paid for this and it cost X" thing then it will never end.

I'm well aware that my opinions on this matter are on the left side of the fence though. 
Right, that is my point. If you aren't going to do that with EVERYTHING, you shouldn't do it with ANYTHING because it is inconsistent.

Right, that is my point. If you aren't going to do that with EVERYTHING, you shouldn't do it with ANYTHING because it is inconsistent.
Very true, but its not like she EXPECTED me to contribute, I just did it because I feel its what I'm supposed to.

IDK how I would react to someone demanding it from me though.

:lol: naw she aint getting **** ...shorty should be happy i decided to come spend time with her ..i aint expecting joints to contribute when they over my crib

Is this something you do? Was on another forum, nah better yet, I heard a conversation on the Metro between two girls and this subject came up.

Basically one girl said if a dude comes over and lays all up in her bed for a few days per week, he should be putting out some $.

Agree? Disagree?

There are too many holes in that scenario to form proper opinion. For argument's sake, if the man is laying up in her bed for days chances are he has nothing going for him {school or work} and doesn't have the means to put up any money to begin with. He is probably living with his moms, and using her crib as an escape.

Best believe if homie was about his business, and had his own spot she wouldn't be complaining because chances are she would have been doing the same thing at one point too. You spend a couple days by shorty crib, she spends a few at yours. If you are luck and she isn't a microwave chick, she would have food prepared for you at your crib. If you are at hers you would draw a bath when she gets home from work.

When me and my ex were together I was staying at her crib heavy.

She didn't ask me for anything but I would scoop groceries every now and then.

*shrug*

Did the same thing, you chip in for house hold items that you are using while there, groceries, TP, PT whatever.

:rofl: If Tyrone is a factor then you got bigger problems. I hear you though, then is no reason to be paying her bills if you don't live there. That only happens when yall are really living together.

Hmmm interesting conversation. I was in this situation on 2 different occasions with 2 different ex's. I suppose it would be dependent on the girls personality. My first ex told me that I would need to help out somehow. I did what I could, mainly scooped up groceries. My second ex had a very nice personality. She told me that I didn't have to contribute anything. Regardless, I would help out with cooking occasionally and with some chores here and there. 

LOL @ Toilet paper. 9/10, yall ain't taking dumps at a girls house and they can use a roll of TP in a week. The hell with donating toilet paper.

If I'm at a females house for a few days I'll pick up groceries to benefit both of us. And vice versa. Girls that lay up for a few days need to contribute more then open legs and a warm mouth in the am
you and mark Antony are forever my famb.

:pimp:

Are we serious with this thread? This is the epitome of tricking. Broke females would only resort to this.
ding ding ding.

The thought of adding up eggs scrambled, sheets of toilet paper flushed and q-tips used
roll.gif

Guarantee you if the chicks were laid up at dude's house, they'd be offended if you asked them to kick in...

I think it's petty for me to be looking for a chick to pay for chilling at my crib and vice versa. Just don't see the point when I am most likely paying for meals and for her to ask me to contribute to her utilities. Time to grow up B!

I will say I told this chick I didn't like it when we she would wear weave and she should wear her nature hair. She told me if I don't like the weave I should pay for hair appointments since her ex did. Look at her with that....... When I met you, you had no weave.

it all depends on the situation, if the dude is just goin over after work, chill and smash then get back up to go to work and repeat then hell naw i aint payin for **** cause i aint there, but if dude ain't gotta job and just layin around all day using up **** and making a mess then damn right gotta pay. i would expect the same thing aint nobody straight up leeching.

ding ding ding.

The thought of adding up eggs scrambled, sheets of toilet paper flushed and q-tips used :rofl:

dont be ridiculous. he should be contributing in some way shape or form. whether its groceries, a bill something. if this was your homeboy who came over and crashed as much, you would expect something from him.

My girl stays with me 4/5 nights out of the week, but I wouldn't tax her.
I mean, at the most she'll pay my gas Credit Card but that's 'cause she uses my car to go to work.
If your money is tied up elsewhere why allow them to keep going over?

dont be ridiculous. he should be contributing in some way shape or form. whether its groceries, a bill something. if this was your homeboy who came over and crashed as much, you would expect something from him.
No I wouldn't though........... :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom