FIFA 20 Black Friday Guaranteed TOTW SBC out.

In your opinion, whats the Top 3 FIFA game title that has been ever released?

• Any FIFA before 11

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • FIFA 11

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • FIFA 12

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • FIFA 13

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • FIFA 14

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • FIFA 15

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • FIFA 16

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • FIFA 17

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost 2-1 in my first WL match but was smashing the second opponent 5-1 (with 4 headers, scream Mandzukic is awesome) only for my game to freeze as the end screen was about to pop up and it counted as a loss...
Off to a great start

3-0 right now

Division rivals is harder than FUT champs lol

3-0 right now

Division rivals is harder than FUT champs lol
Played 7 games of FUT champions now, record is 3-4. So a little better than I initially anticipated after the first few games. I figured my IF Mandzukic probably wasn't gonna cut it so I copped the scream version for 145k on Thursday.
Man he's been amazing. 9 goals in 7 matches even though I've lost 4 games. He'd have a few more if it counted the stats of my second match where the game froze. I messed up quite a few clear chances too.

For now I'm definitely struggling more in WL than in Rivals. My losses so far have been pretty close games but in fairness to the opponents, Szczesny has been saving damn near everything.
In Rivals I'm currently in Div 5 with a skill rating hovering around 1300. I only have a small sample size of WL matches but the games so far have been a lot more intense and competitive.
The opponents in Rivals do seem more random in terms of skill though. I win more there but I've also gotten utterly destroyed a whole bunch of times. 5-0 scorelines etc. Haven't had those kind of blowout matches in WL yet in spite of the losses.

EA just changed Mandzukic's stats from 90 shooting to 90 dribbling as well :pimp:
Just the kind of boost I was hoping for as his shooting is already pretty decent.

Current WL squad:
Probably gonna change Mandzukic's chem style to hawk now that his dribbling is boosted up to 90. Pretty satisfied with everyone else's performances. Pellegrini is always dead towards the end of matches so I normally sub in scream Rafinha for his 97 short passing but I see he no longer has the 90 passing boost. POTM Lucas comes in to replace Keita if necessary, though he lasts and does surprisingly well with his stamina.

Standout players in WL so far would have to be Mandzukic, Perisic and Kolarov in that order. But overall the whole team and especially the front three put in a good shift.
ccd3a0ac2ec901985d56a4c8874b8572.png

Yea since my post i'm 5-3. I came up against 2 guys that had full icon squads outside of having cr7, neymar and an inform Mbappe. Both of those games my attack was pretty stagnant.

I decided to sell Icardi for Belotti. Icardi's standard gold card just wasn't cutting it for me, he felt extremely clunky and I couldn't really find the back of the net with him.

At the moment, Belotti's got 5 goals, 4 assists in 3 games. I tend to get a lot of assists with my front 3 guys. His 5* weak foot makes him extremely hard to stop

Typically, I play Mertens as a striker on the left but since I don't have dybala yet he's in that CF role behind the two strikers in a 4-3-1-2

Just gonna grind out this weekend and get dybala.

I really wish there was a good Left fullback in the serie a in game. Using Telles is fine, especially for how good he is for his price..

Wish I didn't have Miranda as my 2nd CB. Skriniar or Koulibaly along side Manolas would make my backline rock solid.

I really wish there was a good Left fullback in the serie a in game. Using Telles is fine, especially for how good he is for his price..

Wish I didn't have Miranda as my 2nd CB. Skriniar or Koulibaly along side Manolas would make my backline rock solid.
Sandro? or play Croatian Christian Bale off chem on the left

sandro is way too expensive for me to justify paying his price lol

Not right now
You don't like Kolarov? I can afford Sandro as well but there's no chance I can justify paying that high of a price either.

I have Kolarov taking both my corners as well due to his 91 crossing. If I'm not scoring at least one header with Mandzukic per game it's because I've completely flopped my chances or didn't create any in the first place. Manual corners every time to make sure it's going to Mandzukic. His heading is so good he even beats some goalkeepers in the air for me. 2 games ago I was up 2-1 in a pretty competitive WL match and the guy ragequit after a corner where Mandzukic just leaped higher than his goalie as he was trying to punch the ball away. Forgot who the keeper was but it was definitely a Premier League one.
He's beaten a couple different goalies by somehow beating them to a header.

I'm loving the change on Mandzukic from 90 shooting to 90 dribbling while still maintaining his 90 pace. Shooting doesn't feel all that different except the 3*WF being more noticeable.
I generally enjoy myself on Fifa but I'm having loads of fun with this team.

Screenshot_20181029-053718_Companion.jpg

Been rocking with this team all year. Actually just added Miranda. No WL yet only Div 5 FUT Rivals. About to transition to a La Liga/BPL Hybrid squad or full BPL soon.

Ibra is a beast with 5* skills/4* weak foot. Pace is a downside but his finishing/positioning and aerial threat is amazing.

Also scored this beauty the other day :pimp:

Last edited:
don't know if I should hold onto my OTW Richarlison or sell it. He's not doing much IRL..thoughts?!

I see all the teams yall post have 100% chemistry. Am i setting myself up to lose with anything less?

don't know if I should hold onto my OTW Richarlison or sell it. He's not doing much IRL..thoughts?!

Keep him, because if and when he scores, gets an assist, or is the MOTM in real life, his price will rise in the anticipation of him getting an IF. He’s already valued because he’s Brazilian, has a 5* WF and is in the prem. Hold on as long as you can.

I see all the teams yall post have 100% chemistry. Am i setting myself up to lose with anything less?

You should want a full chem team.. and players with individual chem of 10. If you don’t, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage of maximizing the chemistry style boosts you have on your players.

going to start using the app to play with my cards a little more. Gotta learn a smart way to go about dealing cards.

Got a nice pack from my preorder bonus today, then spent $40 on those halloween packa and didnt get ****

Attachments

• 03E6971B-1675-46B6-B86D-764F6430114B.png
    03E6971B-1675-46B6-B86D-764F6430114B.png
    559.5 KB · Views: 4
What’s the consensus on this game vs fifa 18?

This game seems like it’s EA’s attempt at making a more realistic football game. It’s slower, build up somewhat matters, and in the general sense, keepers are better..

With that being said this game is worse than 18.. and I took a 2 and a half month hiatus from 18 midway through the game lol

Defense in ultimate team is all based on the AI doing it for you. If you ever touch your back line the game almost punishes you for trying to defend manually. If I wanted to play against the AI I’d play career mode or squad battles. It’s extremely frustrating playing against someone who just runs back and plays defense with their strikers and wingers. In my opinion, there’s absolutely no speed threshold in this game. No BS, I played a guy the first week the game came out and he was hawking down my 90 pace Rodrigo with Gary Cahill. There just isn’t any skill gap.

Shooting non finessed and non timed shots is still broken, and EA seems like they aren’t going to do anything to fix gameplay.

I’m not gonna quit on the game just yet, but utensil not very good, and I would say it’s worse than 18..

Off my soapbox, I’ve got class :lol:

Agree. Finishing inside the box is so inconsistent compared to finessing outside the box. I don’t mind slower pace at all, but it’s beyong annoying when I spot a run or have a shot and my players take 1-2 extra seconds before executing it. Half the teams I come across either spam crosses or just take shots outside the box, get a corner and hit it near post. Feels like if you don’t know how to properly build up play and get your players shooting opportunity within the box, this game is for you.

100% keep.
5* Skills/ 4* WF, Brazilian and PL
Lower rated cards tend to get the biggest boosts if they get a special card. He had a strong start to the season but has dropped off a bit in form lately. Either way he has shown he is able to score goals.

Personally I bought him for around 28k I believe. I don't plan on selling any of my OTW items that were acquired for under 30k. Last year there was at least one repeatable OTW SBC that required an OTW card. The minimum price of all OTW cards shot up to the high 30s or even 40k at some points. Based on the previous 2 Fifas, I am guessing there will be such an SBC this year as well when the next batch of OTW cards is released after the january transfer window.

First thing I saved up for was Cancelo and Nainggolan's OTW. Aside from Fred, the rest were all acquired under 30k or untradeable objective rewards like Verdi. Some like Golovin and Sane were as little as 11-12k. If they get an IF, I profit by selling them or putting them in my squad if good enough. If they don't, I'll still presumably run a sizeable profit at some point on all the ones bought for under 30k if there is ever an SBC requiring an OTW card.
00fb88cce044a0b709375e93bcf89d57.png

11b722ae8872ae6068a3c50f85bb016f.png

Last edited:
I bought the card after the first 2 matches and then he just dropped in form. But I'm keeping Richarlison. I'm lucky AF to pack a untradable CL Fred and Cancelo..I'll be working on my hybrid soon

Back
Top Bottom