FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

the post office lost my infrareds that i ordered from show bistro ...i had to open a lost item case..im not happy

Shout out to Wally.

For us late 20 and 30 somethings... this thread has been an instrument of success and resolved satisfaction.

it's like waking up with morning wood and realizing that you don't even work at a lumber mill.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!.

Biggest thanks of all to a fellow NTer for notifying me of that place.. Bargain of a deal..

The one colorway I was on the fence about, may be my favorite.. There's just something special when the citron appear in front of your face for the first time. It's truly eye popping and a must have. DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY THESE.

Weatherman, my pair has a bit of an indention on the inner side of just one shoe.. It's a bit odd but nothing crazy.

PainBL, you want me to scrounge around and find photos of OGs with creases.. I'm not sure what type you are thinking of, but I can go a bit in depth on an investigative type front. My infrareds had the lower ankle padding where its the white leather, have a bit of a precrease.. Nothing on citrons.. Citrons also don't really have any small wrinkles at all. Just that big indention, that happens to go away when its on your foot. I believe every pair just may be unique in it's own right. I dont have a huge sample size. You would have to ask the guys shipping out dozens of pairs for others.

lastly, do NOT miss out on picking up the set... These are beauties.. Two christmases in one week, followed by two more next week.. I can't get enough.

It's monsoon season where I'm at. That's not getting in my way. if it rains, these are leather. laces and tongue may dirty up, but theres no stopping me from busting these out from now until next summer.

Originally Posted by cedb713

AYE, EL BRO, MANNN.... I KNOW U GOTTA BE FROM H-TOWN, CUZ U TOOK IT ALLLL THE WAY BACK TO SHOPPIN' AT WEINER'S!LOL. MAN, U BROUGHT BACK SOME GOOD MEMORIES WIT' THAT ONE. WEINER'S HELD MANY OF US DOWN IN THE "H" BACK IN THE DAY,LOL. HOLLA...CED B.

Lol, yep here in Houston.  I loved going there, they always had heat for good prices.  I remember they h Too bad they went out of business in the early 00's.  I remember them having the Fire Red V's back in 2000 Months after they release.  Ahh  the good memories.

Tre-  Thanks on the heads up for Sneaker Bistro.  That is some crazy flooding.  Reminds me of Allison back in 2001 here is Houston.

^
i think the leathers (white & grey) on the citron are SLIGHTLY better than on the infrared
it's all more buttery
& definately less shiny (why's almost everything gotta be shiny these dayz?)

overall - am most impressed with the citron pair
comfortable, wider than ATSCs (med ball etc.) for me

will be wearing out the citron pair, for all purpose sneakers, these are built like tanks
the infrareds will get a lot of winter use, i feel confident enough in these to kick a wolverine
in the face

i walk a touch bow legged on the sides of my feet so sneakers with a rigid side wall outsole like these,
other air trainers, or for example the AJ4 tend to orthopedically correct my walk and therefore are the most comfortable
type of sneaker for me

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!.

Biggest thanks of all to a fellow NTer for notifying me of that place.. Bargain of a deal..

The one colorway I was on the fence about, may be my favorite.. There's just something special when the citron appear in front of your face for the first time. It's truly eye popping and a must have. DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY THESE.

Weatherman, my pair has a bit of an indention on the inner side of just one shoe.. It's a bit odd but nothing crazy.

PainBL, you want me to scrounge around and find photos of OGs with creases.. I'm not sure what type you are thinking of, but I can go a bit in depth on an investigative type front. My infrareds had the lower ankle padding where its the white leather, have a bit of a precrease.. Nothing on citrons.. Citrons also don't really have any small wrinkles at all. Just that big indention, that happens to go away when its on your foot. I believe every pair just may be unique in it's own right. I dont have a huge sample size. You would have to ask the guys shipping out dozens of pairs for others.

lastly, do NOT miss out on picking up the set... These are beauties.. Two christmases in one week, followed by two more next week.. I can't get enough.

It's monsoon season where I'm at. That's not getting in my way. if it rains, these are leather. laces and tongue may dirty up, but theres no stopping me from busting these out from now until next summer.
Heading to the PO shortly Wally.  Thinking they should arrive Tuesday.  Thanks for your patience.

Thanks rich! Also guys, definitely buy the correct size. Going up a full size (13) is tearing me a part here as I may have to part with them.. 12.5s would be IDEAL. 12's will stretch out just right.. 13s are just a tad big.

Good call grabbing the Citrons Wally. I thought the exact same when I saw them, I've actually worn them for the past 2 days now after telling myself I'd wear the Infrareds first. Even though they're slightly different from the OG, they're still leagues above every single one of the GR's. This is one of those pairs I've dreamed about ever since I saw photos, but seemed like it would never be possible. I don't even "see" the differences when I look down at my feet, I'm just delighted to finally have them.

I agree with about the sizing, definitely true-to-size for me. I've always bought 11's pretty much across the board, but switched to 10.5's with the White Cement 3's in January since they seemed so huge. Since then I've been getting 10.5's because I like the snug fit, and these fit absolutely perfectly.

Double post
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I've said it before and i'll say it again whatever you wear in a NIKE AIR FORCE 1 go a half size up from that.

This helps me out greatly. Thank you!

I ordered from District on Wednesday and should have them tomorrow.

I AINT GON' EVEN LIE,AND I MIGHT EVEN MEET SOME SERIOUS OPPOSITION FOR THIS NEXT STATEMENT,BUT... TO ME, THE CITRONS ARE SLIGHTLY FRESHER THAN THE INFRARED JOINTS... I LIKE BOTH,BUT THAT CITRON AND TEAL JUST POPS A 'LIL MORE. I THINK THE ABSENCE OF THE NAVY COLORED WEBTECH ON THE INFRAREDS REALLY KINDA TOOK AWAY FROM ITS OVERALL APPEARANCE. EITHER WAY, IM ON BOTH OF 'EM,AND HATS OFF TO NIKE SPORTSWEAR FOR BRINGIN' BACK A PIECE OF HISTORY! HOLLA...

CED B.

man, mine was the last to ship out last week at district, so they used mine to take pix for their website.

these idiots took my nike air hang tags off... 
indifferent.gif

the hang tags are in the box, but not attached, and the plastic pieces that attach them aren't anywhere to be found (which sucks cuz i read someone in here say they can easily be reattached)...

i may or may not have worn them with the tag attached, but i don't like the fact they unattached it.
30t6p3b.gif

i mean, why wouldn't they take the pix with it attached? it's obviously fresher and more appealing for retail pix to have it on.
mad.gif

So are you guys sure that the Infrareds and Citrons are releasing tonight on NDC? I did a chat with a rep and he said they weren't....

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

man, mine was the last to ship out last week at district, so they used mine to take pix for their website.

indifferent.gif

the hang tags are in the box, but not attached, and the plastic pieces that attach them aren't anywhere to be found (which sucks cuz i read someone in here say they can easily be reattached)...

i may or may not have worn them with the tag attached, but i don't like the fact they unattached it.
30t6p3b.gif
OBVIOUSLY, U CATS HAVIN' HANGTAG ISSUES ARE OVERREACTING A 'LIL BIT.... CUZ BACK IN THE DAY(EVEN CURRENTLY), THE HANGTAGS WERE WORN BY STICKIN' THE SHOE LACE THRU THE 'LIL HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE HANGTAG. WE NEVER LEFT THE PLASTIC THING ON THERE. JUST UNLACE THE SHOES ABOUT HALFWAY DOWN(DEPENDING ON WHERE U WANT THE TAG TO HANG ON THE SHOE), STICK THE LACE THRU THE HOLE ON THE HANGTAG,AND RE-LACE THE SHOES BACK UP. I TELL YA, YOUNGSTAS THESE DAYS
tired.gif
 SMH....(JUST KIDDIN',LOL!) BUT SERIOUSLY, I HOPES THIS HELPS SOMEONE OUT. HOLLA...
CED B.

seriously, these are the pix i guess district took of my pairs to post on their website... what's the point in taking my hangtags off? the angle wouldn't have even really shown the tags anyways:

AirTrainerSCIIQS-group.jpg

mad.gif

I AINT GON' EVEN LIE...BUT... TO ME, THE CITRONS ARE SLIGHTLY FRESHER THAN THE INFRARED JOINTS...
agree with this, original & retro
the primary colorway is what i call it

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
OBVIOUSLY, U CATS HAVIN' HANGTAG ISSUES ARE OVERREACTING A 'LIL BIT.... CUZ BACK IN THE DAY(EVEN CURRENTLY), THE HANGTAGS WERE WORN BY STICKIN' THE SHOE LACE THRU THE 'LIL HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE HANGTAG. WE NEVER LEFT THE PLASTIC THING ON THERE. JUST UNLACE THE SHOES ABOUT HALFWAY DOWN(DEPENDING ON WHERE U WANT THE TAG TO HANG ON THE SHOE), STICK THE LACE THRU THE HOLE ON THE HANGTAG,AND RE-LACE THE SHOES BACK UP. I TELL YA, YOUNGSTAS THESE DAYS
tired.gif
 SMH....(JUST KIDDIN',LOL!) BUT SERIOUSLY, I HOPES THIS HELPS SOMEONE OUT. HOLLA...
CED B.

ok, cool. thanx for the tip.

did someone else post about their hangtags being taken off?

i dunno, i got one of those lil' round chains the jumpman hangtags came with on most of my jordans... could use that.

i might put one of these nike air hang tags on my '99 white cement 4's... since my bred's came with it but my white cements didn't...

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

So are you guys sure that the Infrareds and Citrons are releasing tonight on NDC? I did a chat with a rep and he said they weren't....

Yes, its been said a few times- I myself ask the guy on twitter and he confirmed it. (Unless ofcourse it changed recently...)

glad everyone is appeased now that these have released... i wouldn't worry about these selling out on ndc.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I AINT GON' EVEN LIE...BUT... TO ME, THE CITRONS ARE SLIGHTLY FRESHER THAN THE INFRARED JOINTS...
agree with this, original & retro
the primary colorway is what i call it
Agreed, I've been wearing my citrons more.  As someone stated before, since they left those lines off the side it kind of took away from the overall look of the infrareds, either way I'm happy with both

Originally Posted by maulrat

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Yes, its been said a few times- I myself ask the guy on twitter and he confirmed it. (Unless ofcourse it changed recently...)

I just got the GR Citrons from the Texas outlet in today. If these QS are as nice as you guys are saying, then I may have to let them go or use em as beaters.

Cool...none of my local spots are getting them, so im patiently waiting for midnight! Hopefully everyone will be focused on the pine foams lol

default_profile_6_normal.png

lch65 michael chang

@nikestore Hi! Still some chance to expect to see product 456610-100 available midnight tonight? Thanks!

28 minutes ago
in reply to ↑

@nikestore Online Nike Store

@lch65 Sorry, but at the moment they are delayed. We'll post an update when we have more info on their release.
1 minute ago via CoTweet

heres another tweet.

IMG_0167_normal.jpg

TommyTempesta Tommy Tempesta

@nikestore Trainer SC's citron/infrared releasing on ndc?

1 hour ago
in reply to ↑

@nikestore Online Nike Store

@TommyTempesta At this time they are delayed until further notice. We'll update you when we have more info.

Back
Top Bottom