FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by frazier10

the post office lost my infrareds that i ordered from show bistro ...i had to open a lost item case..im not happy
yooooooo u aint the ONLY 1 same +%+# happen to me!!!!!!.....im pissed!!!!!......frazier wher u located homie???.......we did have a hurricane here on the east coast but still updated info should come up when u track it.......mine were shipped out on aug 26th and i was suppose to get them on the 29th but the hurricane had hit on sat/early sun the 26th-27th.......so i figured id give it a day or 2 after the 29th delivery date and now its gonna b the 2nd of sep and still nothing!!!!.....when i track the package the last thing i get and have been getting since the 1st day i tracked it is "processed through the bethpage sort facility"!!!.....so i googled the facility and i found nothin but bad things about that place!!!!!......its like the black hole packages go in ther and never come out and ppl never get ther +%+#!!!!....im beyond upset rite now!!!!!........any1 else having problems getting ther orders from sneaker bistro please respond....thanks

I had a NDC chat a couple days ago and it appears they are still a GO for tonight. twitter/Nikestore said it, so I guess thats good enough. They couldn't give me the quantities available though. So it could be a toss up.
EDIT: I just read the last few comments. Odd that they are delayed. The chat rep seemed a bit hesitant. And days prior, they were 100% sure that they were doing nothing.. Releast list page still shows nothing.. Very odd..

EDIT: regarding lost packages.. Total bummer. I had a pair shipped from another place in NY that went through Bethpage. They were there like 2 days and nothing updated. Then I get my pair today. Nothing on the box indicated SHOES or such, so maybe it went past the people working???

The best news for me regarding the citrons is that with age and oxidation etc.. the yellowish green will turn more yellow as it ages.. There was a photo posted here that I will reposted, that showed a citron OG with a more yellow appearance than normal..
57725a242e7914e212b36953c26479e3cb212f7_r.jpg

---------------
The above looks the closest to what we are getting today. Yet earlier photos show a true lemon type yellow color as seen on the auto trainers.. Any of you guys remember what color they truly were?

IMG_2893.jpg
nike-trainer-sc-ii-qs-premier-02-300x201.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-og-ad.jpg
trainer.jpg

citron-nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-1.jpg

The stickler in me says they do definitely POP in their current state, but are " historically wrong". And could be better.. But that may not be in tune with reality at all, and the color they were, was the color we see today. I'd love to be corrected on this matter. These fluorescent colors definitely play tricks with your mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not usually one to care about compliments, but many are saying things about these.. Females want them. Why no smaller sizes or a womens release? Switch out aqua and citron for purple and pink.. There's something magical about a two tone color POP.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Originally Posted by dimez81

are these on swoosh?
swoosh as in employee store site? If they gona be on NDC then they should be on swoosh.
yeah because i didn't see it on the list...but i just read the page before and they got delayed to be release....

I just emailed Sneaker Bistro, and Joe called me within minutes. Nothing to worry about for the second round of orders, most went out today.

That guy really impressed me. Absolutely tremendous customer service.  And didn't hold it against me that I'm from Boston....

Another shout out to Wally! Just received my citron pair from the spot you sent me.
happy.gif

Its UNANIMOUS for me, best Nike retro in a long time!

My infrareds can get a rest for a little bit now

Love this diagram, wonder if the "webtec" on the retros connect to the lace plates like on the OGs...doubt it
laugh.gif

wally,

all i can say is these retros are close enough for me
perhaps the og ankle interior had a green tint & the citron was paler
the grey hits were darker in places
but i believe these are a honest effort rather than an attempt to differentiate
from the original

i know you like your medicine ball SC retros a lot, and those from 11 years ago
were slightly off on the color (as you have noted yourself)
same with any AT chlor from 2000, the grey lightened but it doesn't really matter

the webbing on the infrared, though, is a different discussion
but i reach the same conclusion...doesn't make me scowl

Just got these in the shop today. How peoole knew to give us a call for them so fast I don't even know. Not a bad looking shoe.
1zx5q9t.jpg

Originally Posted by kc37

I just emailed Sneaker Bistro, and Joe called me within minutes. Nothing to worry about for the second round of orders, most went out today.

That guy really impressed me. Absolutely tremendous customer service.  And didn't hold it against me that I'm from Boston....

joe is the MAN the best customer service ever

To Wally, my memory tells me that back in the day the Citron/Teals were slightly more of a neon yellow and today they seem to be not quite a neon green, though the two tone color pop really helps them. But that's the first thing I noticed when I opened the box this week, that they seemed greener. So I'd say that they're technically inaccurate, but at the same time it is a beautiful colorway and in any regard it is very close to the OG, so I'm really not complaining.

got my volts from the outlet today and let me tell you THEY ARE TOTAL CRAP copaired to the quickstrikes, MATERIALS are GARBAGE. im selling them or returning them, minus the straps of coarse, LMAO

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

got my volts from the outlet today and let me tell you THEY ARE TOTAL CRAP copaired to the quickstrikes, MATERIALS are GARBAGE. im selling them or returning them, minus the straps of coarse, LMAO

i got mine also....for $45 im not that unhappy ill either wear them in the winter to beat on or probably sell 

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

Originally Posted by frazier10

the post office lost my infrareds that i ordered from show bistro ...i had to open a lost item case..im not happy
yooooooo u aint the ONLY 1 same +%+# happen to me!!!!!!.....im pissed!!!!!......frazier wher u located homie???.......we did have a hurricane here on the east coast but still updated info should come up when u track it.......mine were shipped out on aug 26th and i was suppose to get them on the 29th but the hurricane had hit on sat/early sun the 26th-27th.......so i figured id give it a day or 2 after the 29th delivery date and now its gonna b the 2nd of sep and still nothing!!!!.....when i track the package the last thing i get and have been getting since the 1st day i tracked it is "processed through the bethpage sort facility"!!!.....so i googled the facility and i found nothin but bad things about that place!!!!!......its like the black hole packages go in ther and never come out and ppl never get ther +%+#!!!!....im beyond upset rite now!!!!!........any1 else having problems getting ther orders from sneaker bistro please respond....thanks
first let me say that joe from sneaker bistro is the best,went to post office twice for me to check whats going on. they told him its from the hurricane,i opened a lost package case with the post office and i suggest you do the same,,as of this moment the shoes just went through philly and i live in souther jersey so hopefully by saturday

I've been keeping up with most of the shops I've seen who released some type of news. Should I just release this list here or keep only the up to date stuff here?

Some new spots I spotted:
http://extrabutterny.com/...orways-quickstrike-pack/

http://shopfouronetwo.blo...e-air-trainer-sc-ii.html
These old school gems released today but are slated as a Sep. 2 release date. These scream 1994 Nike, get your hands on a pair before they are gone. We only received 12 per colorway.
They are charging $120.. I would avoid these guys off principal alone, but go at them if you would like

I can list the others if you'd like. It probably runs 20 deep by now.

For those of you missing packages due to the hurricane, it'll probably get back to normal for you guys in about 2 weeks. A long time to not know where your stuff is, but it's pretty good that the Post Office gets things up and running that quickly when you think about it.

I had to deal with about a year and a half of very spotty delivery after Katrina, for the first few months back we had to go pick up our mail from a temporary site, then they slowly started bringing back daily delivery, and even then magazines would get lost for months. They were pretty good about finding packages though.

Was able to grab a pair of the Citrons in my sz today.

Now if I can get my hands on a pair of the Infrareds...

Special thanks goes out to Wally for all the help he provided. I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom