FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Anyone know any spots in NYC with these...21 mercer was a no go on em which took me by surprise....I was relying on NDC and now I'm scrambling sz 8s just seem real hard to track down

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Proto, did you get to try on a 12? For me, it was like a 1/2 finger width of extra space in the toebox. With the forefoot midfoot feeling a bit tight. Stretching could occur.. With 13s, I was up to a 1 to 1/2 finger width of extra space.. Nothing too crazy.. Overall a much more comfortable fit from the onset... 12s could and WILL likely break in better. Since I actually paid $20 less on both 13s, it's tough for me to want to sell those or not even accept them, and then try for some 12s @ $130.. Call me stubborn or a sucker for a deal but I can't change habit.. Now is definitely the time to figure out your true size and go with that.. If not, I would definitely NOT not get them if they fit a bit too big It's better to have something than nothing at all.

i haven't tried on the 12's yet, but the 13's are slipping on my heel pretty bad, even when i have a wearable shoe tree in them.

part of the reason it does that is cuz i lace loose, i already know that, but when i slide my foot all the way up to the edge of the toe box i can see a good bit of room at the back. giving the buttery feel of this leather, it's gonna stretch some, and so i'm hoping even if a 12 is snug at first, it'll eventually give for me. i'll just wear thin socks if i have to.

is anyone else gonna use wearable shoe trees with these? do they crease pretty badly (i know some of you like that look, haha)...
I wore my infrared 12s for the first time for an extended period of time.. Im wearing them rather loose and they are staying on my feet nicely. They did happen to fall asleep and possibly cramp on me. At one point, some forefoot pain. But all of it seemed to go away at some point in time.. Not sure if its me adjusting to the shape and make of the shoe and if itll get better or worse. But I would maybe try to keep a 13 just in case..

12.5s would literally be perfect, so we are in a unique position.. If you can get that 1/2 size up, you may be PERFECT.. Staying true to size may have some initial issues but could stretch. Full size up may be perfect to wear and throw an arch support in.. So either way you look at it, don't miss out on these over some "size" issues... that goes for everyone.

Just got mine in from Exit 36 (ordered Wed afternoon, delivered Fri)

Few observations:
-Haven't seen this type of leather on any recent retro (the white parts, at least). Very nice.
-Paint is all pretty clean, but the "Nike Air" is a little slopy
-Fit true to size for me
-Navy is obvious in direct light, looks black to me in low-light/shade

Thanks for all the help guys

got my size 12 citrons and infrareds from Oneness- PROPS!

waiting on my size 12 Citrons and Infrareds from SneakerBistro

waiting on my size 12 Citrons and Infrareds from High Point.

thanks wally! I'm gonna order one more set also, we'll see if i can find them.

STOKED!!

5 letter...... WALLY

This guy has helped many NT members including myself and should be recognized for his efforts!! This is what a community is all about. Finally the OG citrons and infrared Trainers ii getting the repect and attention it deserves.

Best thread on NT 
pimp.gif

Glad everyone is happy with theirs!

I want back to the first page and started reading through the thread, I was really trying to figure out when the title got changed, but it's pretty wild to see it go from a Do it Right to ughh did you see what they're putting an Auto sole on to They're coming to ughh they're terrible quality and not in the OG colors to WHOA.

So many ups and downs. I'm glad this one is going out on a high note.

Quick question now is, does anyone have a high-res version of the Do It Right image that was posted several times early on?

Originally Posted by mints

I want back to the first page and started reading through the thread, I was really trying to figure out when the title got changed, but it's pretty wild to see it go from a Do it Right to ughh did you see what they're putting an Auto sole on to They're coming to ughh they're terrible quality and not in the OG colors to WHOA.

So many ups and downs. I'm glad this one is going out on a high note.

Quick question now is, does anyone have a high-res version of the Do It Right image that was posted several times early on?
I actually started this thread as a petition for Nike to bring back the trainer sc II, changed it once the first samples hit in 2010, and then just changed it again the other day

^
Thanks Tre for being the galvanizing force & Wally for the diligence & application...
one no less than the other

Are these still available for retail anywhere? I didn't want to bother Wally if there weren't. Looking for a size 13 in the Infrareds. Might cop the Citrons too.

Man, I've been making my calls and I can't find a size 13 in either colorway. My local store said that they're getting them, but they haven't received them yet.

about 4 hours ago kicksonfire.com said, "We really hate to be the ones to bring you the bad news, but Nike has officially stated that the Nike Trainer SC II Infrared & Citron are delayed until further notice. We are not sure why, and Nike didn’t really give to much information in their tweet from last night. However, you may be albe to pick-up a pair at a local spot. Stay close, and we will update you as soon as we get more info."

To echo what some have been saying, my vote goes for true to size (if you do not have a wider than normal foot). If the leather-quality of this shoe is going to be the new standard for trainers (and retros in general), I will eagerly anticipate future releases.

not delayed...sold out! maybe after some of these boutiques got restocks & everything,
nike ain't got none to put on da site no more ha ha

I wasn't able to go to St. Alfred today because of work, but a friend was willing to go for me. He was third in line, by then they only had the citrons in my size. Seems like they didn't get that many. I should have another pair of citrons and infrareds coming from a hook up. I can't wait to get these shoes on my feet.

JUST SCOOPED UP THE INFRAREDS FROM PREMIUM GOODS OUT HERE IN H-TOWN...LIKE THE REST OF THE FELLAS NOTED, THE QUALITY IS TOP TIER TO SAY THE LEAST. UPON ARRIVING HOME, I WAS GREETED BY A PACKAGE FROM DISTRICT CONTAINIG THE CITRONS. ALL IN ALL, I CONSIDER TODAY A GOOD DAY! I THINK I MIGHT BE DONE 'TIL THE CONCORDS DROP,WORD UP. LET MY POCKETS COOL OFF FOR A BIT,LOL! SHOUTS OUT TO THE HOMIE WALLY,TRE,AND ALL THE REST OF US TRUE TRAINER CONNOISSUERS WHO WERE ABLE TO PROCURE THEIR PAIR(S). ENJOY! HOLLA

CED B.

I appreciate the accolades.. All of this wouldnt be possible without a select few NTers who helped myself out. Which in turn enabled me to be rested and content with my purchases, and then help others.. Believe me, if I was in any other position, I may be hogging up some of the source boutiques to myself. But since a select few helped me out, it gave me the chance to help others... That's what NT should be all about.

One Twitter response I saw stated that this guy struck out time and time again with different shops, and then one finally had his size. A shop that had been selling these a good week and a half before release.. So don't give up the calling and emailing. Your pair may be out there..

ive told a few others. This is like a superbowl event for a cross trainer type fan. Whatever nirvana I am feeling, it's only smart to spread it out. If these had *%*&$ quality, I wouldnt be helping in this fashion. But since we know just what we're getting, everyone who wants a pair should be able to get one.

Did I mention WestNYC as a place who had them as well?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Proto, did you get to try on a 12? For me, it was like a 1/2 finger width of extra space in the toebox. With the forefoot midfoot feeling a bit tight. Stretching could occur.. With 13s, I was up to a 1 to 1/2 finger width of extra space.. Nothing too crazy.. Overall a much more comfortable fit from the onset... 12s could and WILL likely break in better. Since I actually paid $20 less on both 13s, it's tough for me to want to sell those or not even accept them, and then try for some 12s @ $130.. Call me stubborn or a sucker for a deal but I can't change habit.. Now is definitely the time to figure out your true size and go with that.. If not, I would definitely NOT not get them if they fit a bit too big It's better to have something than nothing at all.

i haven't tried on the 12's yet, but the 13's are slipping on my heel pretty bad, even when i have a wearable shoe tree in them.

part of the reason it does that is cuz i lace loose, i already know that, but when i slide my foot all the way up to the edge of the toe box i can see a good bit of room at the back. giving the buttery feel of this leather, it's gonna stretch some, and so i'm hoping even if a 12 is snug at first, it'll eventually give for me. i'll just wear thin socks if i have to.

is anyone else gonna use wearable shoe trees with these? do they crease pretty badly (i know some of you like that look, haha)...
I wore my infrared 12s for the first time for an extended period of time.. Im wearing them rather loose and they are staying on my feet nicely. They did happen to fall asleep and possibly cramp on me. At one point, some forefoot pain. But all of it seemed to go away at some point in time.. Not sure if its me adjusting to the shape and make of the shoe and if itll get better or worse. But I would maybe try to keep a 13 just in case..

12.5s would literally be perfect, so we are in a unique position.. If you can get that 1/2 size up, you may be PERFECT.. Staying true to size may have some initial issues but could stretch. Full size up may be perfect to wear and throw an arch support in.. So either way you look at it, don't miss out on these over some "size" issues... that goes for everyone.

well, i might have a slightly smaller foot than you, but it sounds like we're both a true 12.5, which really sucks, as they don't make most shoes in that size anymore these days.

i got a good bit of room in these size 13', so i'm gonna give the 12's a shot and make a decision.

here's a pic of how much room i have in the back of the shoe if i slide my foot all the way up front:

6107224371_976456e633_b.jpg

it's a good bit of room.

providing i don't have any width issues with the 12, i think it's gonna fit a lil' more snug but still comfortable, and not slip on my heel as bad when i lace loose... that's what i'm hoping anyways...

nikes, and shoes in general fluctuate so much in size lately, being our size is constantly a guessing game if you should go with a 12 or 13.
30t6p3b.gif

I really hope I can get these in a size 9, would be a great birthday gift. If anyone is willing to help, that would really be appreciated. Shipped to Canada.
I def. agree Wally and Tre really have helped alot and I personally thank you guys, this is what NT should always be like.
Now for some praying...........

didnt even get these in Tampa FL cuz i juss left da university and did not see them
 no where and when i ask bout em they was clueless.

Proto, you should be alright with the 12s. I could barely get that much heel separation in my sz13s, And I felt those fit just a bit big. Perception of what fits right vs. reality can also throw you off. Via your photos, cut the visible infrared insole color seen in half, and thats about where I stand with these in a sz13.. So you might fit just a tad smaller. Although I find heel slippage like that, not to be a totally great indication. But if we are going by that, and my sz13s fit a bit smaller than yourself, you should definitely be alright with 12s. 90% confidence that youll be satisfied with that size, provided what you have shown me

But you're right. Over the years they have fluctuated in size across all genres. Jordan IIIs, 11.5s fit more like 12.5 trainers.. Trainer sc high 12s fit more like 12s or 13s.

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

got my size 12 citrons and infrareds from Oneness- PROPS!

waiting on my size 12 Citrons and Infrareds from SneakerBistro

waiting on my size 12 Citrons and Infrareds from High Point.

thanks wally! I'm gonna order one more set also, we'll see if i can find them.

STOKED!!

calm down there bro. alot of size 12 people out here. this shoe will probably retro again or your 4th pair will probably crumble by the time you get to wearing it lol

welp....looks like there are more people following this thread than i thought. after wally put the list up, kicks hawaii was bombarded with calls this morning. i saw the shoes being packed for shipping and i thank whoever is supporting my local shop. they still have some pairs left but i don't know what sizes. if any of you have problems with your order, hit me up via pm.

Back
Top Bottom