FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I love these SO much! Can't worry too much about those creases, they look fine when wearing them.

Now if only I could figure out a way to keep the bootie from rubbing against my mutant foot 
laugh.gif

This thread has definitely been the best experience I've had on NT. I apologize again for any negativity on my end last week, I should have known that there would be a bunch of awesome people willing to help.

Round 2 of the hookups went out today, another 14 pairs out. Most of you will receive by the end of the week, I will pm you guys with tracking later tonight when I am home. 

Even Bun B is happy for your boy 
laugh.gif

14uhuvp.jpg

Regarding the hangtags, what are you guys doing with them? Usually I would never leave something like that on a pair when wearing them, but I'm conflicted with these. Obviously with the plastic ring, the only way to re-attatch it would be with a keychain or something. I'm leaning towards leaving them on for the time being, then if they drive me nuts I'll cut them off.

Some Infrared vs. Varsity Red comparison pics w/ 2008 V Red AM95's

Standard, HDR, Flash... the flash really brings them out

nlab95.jpg

6qa442.jpg

2lu8i68.jpg

yes A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED!!!

this is the next colorway I would LOVE to see retro'd. last was seen in 1990

shoes-070.jpg

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Even Bun B is happy for your boy 
laugh.gif

14uhuvp.jpg

Regarding the hangtags, what are you guys doing with them? Usually I would never leave something like that on a pair when wearing them, but I'm conflicted with these. Obviously with the plastic ring, the only way to re-attatch it would be with a keychain or something. I'm leaning towards leaving them on for the time being, then if they drive me nuts I'll cut them off.

Some Infrared vs. Varsity Red comparison pics w/ 2008 V Red AM95's

Standard, HDR, Flash... the flash really brings them out

nlab95.jpg

6qa442.jpg

2lu8i68.jpg

pimp.gif

and ekhunter1 im with you on those trainer sc's, i had a set of those many years back loved them, but after a few wears began to crack so off to ebay they went 
grin.gif

I just realized the hangtags can be easily removed and re-attatched if you are careful.. sorry for the dumb questions, way too excited over these!

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

^^^ og's???? im suprised they musta been og's from 1990 worn in 2001 amiright?

yea og trainer sc iii's from 1990, had the og box, white wrapping paper, hang tag and bo insert size 12 white black and that tiny hint of teal.  I tell you, unless someone has actually owned a crisp pair of those, they wouldn't know just how crazy the quality was for that shoe back in 1990.  I owned them in the early 2000's, bought them around 2001-2002 and sold them around 2004/05.  I forgot who i purchased them off of (might have been an ebay seller named small earth inc.) not 100% sure. 

^thanks so much to wally and bryscoop for the help! I ordered my 10.5 from a site that Wally told me about. My coupon didnt work and I had to pay $130 shipped, but that's still not bad. That's basically retail after tax plus $10 for shipping. Saved me the trouble of trying to find both pairs this weekend. I ordered the Citrons if anyone was wondering.

if you're in the Chicago area, NT Chicago WILL NOT have these this weekend. My sister was misinformed and the only ones that they will be getting are the orange ones. However, St. Alfreds will have both colorways for anyone interested.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

If I'm not mistaken (and the bo commercials show this), the citron pair was the launch colorway for the year 1989. So early prod. date on those. The other three high colorways, including the "infrared" firecracker red had production dates ending off the year 1989. So those released in early to mid 1990... This leads to the release of the SC III HIGH, which released in the auburn and a white/black colorway in the same year as the second part of the SC II releases in 1990... That leads to the infrared and royal blue SC IIIs in 1991, along with the grey/yellow air trainer max 91.

My point is, that's just crazy to think about. No more than 7 months between some truly classic designs and models. I dont know how some of yall did it back then as kids or teens.
I thought this particular model of Air Trainer SC (like the quickstrikes) originally released in Spring 1990? I'm totally mixed up on the numbering logic for the Trainer SC's. But somewhere I have a Sports Illustrated from February 1990 that has a Nike ad that takes up several pages. If I recall, from memory what was showcased in the ad as part of the Spring 1990 line were the black/silver Air Jordan V's, the lava Air Tech Challenge II's, the infrared Air Max 90's, the original bluish/greenish/yellowish model of Aqua Socks, and the Citron/Teal Air Trainer SC's like what was just released as part of the QS. Actually, it was either the Citron/Teals or the white/blues, my memory's telling me they HAD to have some sort of bluish color in them. If I can find the issue, I'll scan the ad pages and post them for you guys. It was a beautiful ad. LOL. Anyway, it's very possible that these Air Trainer SC's released in Fall 1989 and continued into Spring 1990, then switched to the next Air Trainer SC in Fall 1990 (like the Auburn model, the same model Nike has been reissuing since 1999) which continued into 1991.

^
I had the Nike Air Cross Trainer II Low as a back-to-school shoe in Aug/Sept. 1989 I believe.
The ATSCII either came out the same time or slightly beforehand.

Also, a while back, this question was raised on another website & some dude that actually
owned a sneaker store in 1989 saved all his paperwork & claimed the citron ATSCII High was
on an inbound bol in July 1989, which meant he sold them no later than August 1989. August
releases technically may be Fall releases with how they do it.

I just remember someone saying that during the 89 MLB all-star game featuring Bo, they aired the first "bo knows" commercial. I was just a baby back then, so it's all knowledge gained over the past few years over insights and discussions such as this. But it would make logical sense that the citrons (the one pair solely featured in the commercials aired during the AS game) were the first to release sometime late 1989. With the others soon to follow.

Sneakerfreaker.com/museum highlights the citron as releasing alone in 1989, likely fall or winter of that year.. Then the others coming out in 1990. So they partially confirm this as well.

I just thought it was very interesting as over the years, that second set of colorways really became that marquee shoe.. the infrareds. I'm sure over the years, maybe a few jordans were like this. One launched a quarter before the other..

I may not sleep tonight waiting on tracking on my citron pair.

A little photo shoot I did (before I go all out with a bo series photo).

The Navy/Red series:
c3625e343e75a4591d136a0cbfc44971cbec0eb_r.jpg

Surprisingly, the indigo blue 2000 air trainer IIIs match up perfecly with the latest indigo Infrareds. The last pair on the right isn't an original colorway, but carries the same traits as them.. This one is a Obsidian Navy but still matches up almost perfectly to the other two... This one features a comet red,infrared like, accents in the webtec and the heel rectangular piece.

Indigo vs. Indigo
f33150447f471d3ed63b7f4b8e40b94fd591a45_r.jpg

-----------

trethousandgt, OGs definitely carry quite the prestige. I was lucky enough to have a pair of 90 originals to compare with the 97-01 retros, and they fought it out tooth and nail in almost every category you looked at.. Og's had a bit of a higher cut, with a deeper better perforation on the leather, a better shape, and some true 90s colors that are hard to recreate I suppose. But leather and suede quality nearly equaled. oOu deifinitely have to give the nod to the OGs, I can't believe you sold those. I love my set.. Just months or years from cracking I believe.

For the heck of it, random auburn photos
Spoiler [+]
2be25f8444682c4fcdab20edc7c3815025f31bd_r.jpg

77035ab146b56cefc2ebc21bb405f0ba39ab5c4_r.jpg

f2b1584e63c1ccba29208564ac7b2ff5a9c7a70_r.jpg

Sorry Nike but you set a new standard here. If you ever go back to that crap, I know where my moneys going ... out to look for more of these sc IIs
laugh.gif

On another note, having these again makes me want to throw on the neon infrared Maui and Sons shirt, the neon green Quicksilver surf shorts, and throw U Can't Touch This, Me So Horny, My Hooptie, Funhouse, The Power, Posse On Broadway, C'mon Babe, and even Ice Ice Baby on the old iTunes playlist. LMAO.On second thought, maybe not the shorts. They were nuthuggers when I was 130 lbs. Now that I'm 260 they'd probably be a thong. LOL.Sorry if that gives you guys a bad visual.

Many of you said that these run small and you should go up 1/2 size, but a couple of pages ago, some of you posted that they fit true to size. I was wondering if most of you agree to go up 1/2 size or stay true to size. Thanks for the help.

^^^ Pretty funny stuff.. I was telling Wally the other day that I wish I had saved my denim nike shorts with the built in infared spandex.  I literally wore those every other day for tennis back in the early 90s.  Something tells me my wife and family might not let me leave the house in those however.  Trying to resist a triple up on these, but I can tell its going to be difficult.

Hey guys, I've been a long time follower of this thread and just now have been authorized to post. Anyway, I got the citron a couple of months
ago and I am enjoying them. I would like to pick up the infrareds, but I am kinda broke at the moment, so I will have to take my chances in a couple of weeks or so. I had the og citron and teal back when they first came out and bought them with money from my first job. I bought them in either late 89 or early 90 and had them up until the mid 90's. I wore the hell out of them. I believe I paid around $130 back then!! 

Still have this OG Bo poster somewhere at my parents house. I used to look under that chair on the left all the time thinking to myself that those Nikes were too fresh!

5953a_lg.jpeg

I'm not sure if they'll be around in shops in a few weeks, but luckily there's little to no hype buzz on these so they aren't going for too much on ebay.

As far as info goes I don't think there's anyone else in New Orleans reading this thread, but if there is, Sports Plus has these.

^ I had that poster as well; not sure if it's still kicking around my parents' house.

Actually, I need to go look around there anyway; this talk of dates has me thinking back. I'm almost positive I had these (Citrons) when I went to France my sophomore year in high school, which was February 1990. There must be some photos stashed somewhere...

Originally Posted by PainBL

On another note, having these again makes me want to throw on the neon infrared Maui and Sons shirt, the neon green Quicksilver surf shorts, and throw U Can't Touch This, Me So Horny, My Hooptie, Funhouse, The Power, Posse On Broadway, C'mon Babe, and even Ice Ice Baby on the old iTunes playlist. LMAO.On second thought, maybe not the shorts. They were nuthuggers when I was 130 lbs. Now that I'm 260 they'd probably be a thong. LOL.Sorry if that gives you guys a bad visual.
LOL @ the vicious amount of TMI
laugh.gif

Gonna call my local spot tomorrow and see if they got them in.  If not, NDC it is.

Maaaaaan.....pictures truly do NOT do these justice.  I received my Citrons from oneness287 today and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.  I can't remember the last time I geeked out over a shoe, but I've been picking them up and checking them out for the past few hours.  Can't seem to put them down.  
Big ups to Wally for helping me out with finding a spot to buy these at.  I took your advice and copped a pair AND the Sade tickets for me and the wife (second damn row too!).  And thanks to oneness/dunkaholik for the quick shipping and great service.  I'll be online for the Infrareds @ NDC tomorrow night for sure...gotta cop at least one pair and possibly another pair of Citrons.  

As far as sizing goes, I really think I would've been fine with my true size 11, but I went w/ an 11.5 anyways.  I tried on the Blk/Red GRs at Footaction the other day to get an idea of sizing and the 11.5 definitely didn't feel as roomy as the QS's.  My guess is it has to do with the bootleg synthetic materials used on the GRs, as opposed to the decent quality leather on the quickstrikes.  Real leather gives and stretches, so I'd say go with your true size unless you have wide feet.

What's Bo got on in that poster? Nike air trainer TW Is?

Bo is.... really NIKE CROSS TRAINING. You can make claims to other guys who may have appeared in some ads or strictly wore his shoes. I think it was back in 1987 or so, Bo is seen in an ad in some low level 2nd or 3rd tier Nike cross trainer.. You would never see lebron or the recent athletes support a product like that. Sure Lebron may wear an ambassador or soldier edition once in awhile. But Bo really started from the bottom, starring in and being the spokesman for anything Nike Cross Trainer.. For that I salute you BO JACKSON

40235b11487764cdc214c815bdb046fd852cd3a_r.jpg

If you look closely, I believe it was the NIKE CROSS TRAINER, a non air 3rd tier product. Likely still better than todays  performance brand. Bo really started things off slowly.

SuperblyTRIFE, awesome news. I knew some guys who passed from the get go. I hope they jump back on board... at least for this one special release. Who knows what the future holds. I agree about sizing. I have a 1/2 a finger width in the toebox for room with my true size.. Now I can go up a full size 13 and likely be alright, but if youre lucky enough to have half sizes, I would say EITHER should be efficient. That doesnt give many a solid answer but ive never been a great gauge of sizes.

Back
Top Bottom