Flyknit Chukka Thread

^ from the looks how the shoe and how flywire works, since this is a casual shoe, i don't think it'll affect much at all.  if you tie your shoes tight without the flywire, it might put a strain on the lace holes, but other than that, i don't see it affecting the integrity of the shoe

does this mess w/ the integrity of the shoe at all?  like will it fall apart or anything?  I really want to get rid of the Volt in my obsidians like the other dude in this thread did, Im just scared of ruining a $170 pair of shoes

flywire has never been anything more than a design/aesthetic feature. it has nothing to do with the structural make up of the shoe.

its been purely a gimmick from the start of its use on ANY shoe.

anyways, have the tarp crimsons pretty much dried up?

I agree it looks better, but it ruins the support of the shoe.

Then again, some people don't even lace them up lol

Last edited:
it appears as though kith has put up the tarps for sale

phone order and in store though, no online purchase

phone is 6464686285 retail 170

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Lunar-...51?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item19de369cdb

Not my auction, just doing some searching for you.  They've got a 9.5 left and free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up, but I was already watching that auction. Didn't pull the trigger because I had to wait till my paycheck came in (this morning) and I was also hesitant because the seller stated that the boxes are a bit damaged.

Anyways someone beat me to it so I went with my backup option. Didn't wanna order from a UK site because of the long waiting but END had it at a nice price so I pulled the trigger on that.

Got em for $171 shipped. Like 10 mins later I got and email saying they were shipped! Checked again a few mins after and I got expected delivery of 7/1. 3 days (because of weekend) from the UK isn't bad at all. I definitely recommend END clothing.

They still have some tarps too

Just got off vacation and started working on my tarps custom. Here's how they look so far. Any feedback is appreciated

Last edited:
what did you do to it? the soles?

I think the wolf grey would look so much better without the flywire.. i might have to take them off. Opinions? 

Found the Tarps for 170 shipped - debating about pulling the trigger. Would be my first pair of chukkas but I love my Lunar1's....

Found the Tarps for 170 shipped - debating about pulling the trigger. Would be my first pair of chukkas but I love my Lunar1's....

If you like the Lunars you will like the chukka. Has the same feel sole, upper looks much cleaner IMO. It's more lifestyle, less gym show. Chukka is my fav flyknit hands down. I love the feel of the l1, but don't like the overall style of it.

Looks much nicer, how did you make it lighter? Rubbing alcohol? I bought another pair and they come in tomorrow. I would love to make it lighter before I wear them.

Looks much nicer, how did you make it lighter? Rubbing alcohol? I bought another pair and they come in tomorrow. I would love to make it lighter before I wear them.
I didn't make them lighter. I painted the soles orange. They were too pinkish for my taste

I didn't make them lighter. I painted the soles orange. They were too pinkish for my taste

I like what you did there. They don't look that much orange but I like the bright crimson color they are now. Never painted shoes before but I'm tempted to try this one out.

If you like the Lunars you will like the chukka. Has the same feel sole, upper looks much cleaner IMO. It's more lifestyle, less gym show. Chukka is my fav flyknit hands down. I love the feel of the l1, but don't like the overall style of it.
My favorite too and I agree the FK1s the most gym/sporty Flyknit (until the Frees come out) which makes them less appealing to me for casual wear. I've grown to appreciate the unpadded feel (my Trainers are padded) after wearing my Chukkas daily. 

I'm about to pull the trigger on Midnight Fogs on NikeStore. Should I go TTS or 0.5 size up? I've never had the chance to try on the Chukkas, but I have tried on Lunar1s and they were a bit tight. I wear a 10.5 in Roshes if that's any help. 

Back
Top Bottom