Flyknit Chukka Thread

Decided to do a little custom on my grand purple/total orange chukkas.

Got the idea from a fellow Niketalk-er.

Before:

After:
Did you use that angelus black leather paint too? I was looking at doing this mod after seeing the sequoias painted black too. What about the laces, doesn't aren't the ovals so what kind and where did you get em?

Cheers and good work, those are pretty dope

Did you use that angelus black leather paint too? I was looking at doing this mod after seeing the sequoias painted black too. What about the laces, doesn't aren't the ovals so what kind and where did you get em?

Cheers and good work, those are pretty dope
I used angelus leather paint for the swoosh.

For the tongue, i used GAC 900 and black acrylic paint. GAC 900 is a paint thinner, that enables you to heat set the fabric. Heat setting makes the paint lock onto the fabric. I ironed the tongue to achieve that.

The laces came from my Air Max Lunar 90 infrared. The laces are really nice.

If i could redo this project, one thing i could've done better was being patient with each coat for the tongue. I kinda got impatient. Shouldve let each coat dry up completely and then applied the next one.

Been trying to find the Neo Turquoise Lunars for awhile and can't seem to find them.  Looking for an 8.5 but a 9 would work too if anybody could help me out.  Preferably at a decent price.

I don't own any Flyknits, I'm reeeeaal late to the party. I supposed better late than never, and I'm on board with the Flyknit Free Chukka, just have no clue what to expect regarding size.  If I'm generally a size 11 in most Nikes, is a 10.5 the way to go, or possibly a 10? Any help would be appreciated!

I don't own any Flyknits, I'm reeeeaal late to the party. I supposed better late than never, and I'm on board with the Flyknit Free Chukka, just have no clue what to expect regarding size.  If I'm generally a size 11 in most Nikes, is a 10.5 the way to go, or possibly a 10? Any help would be appreciated!

Half size down on free soles...so 10.5

Question for those who own the Free Flyknit Chukka versions, are the tongues sewn/attached to the rest of the shoe?

I have the previous Lunar sole versions and those are not attached and bug the hell out of me because they tend to slide off to the sides.

Question for those who own the Free Flyknit Chukka versions, are the tongues sewn/attached to the rest of the shoe?

I have the previous Lunar sole versions and those are not attached and bug the hell out of me because they tend to slide off to the sides.

The frees and FSB's have tongues not sewn in and yes they slide everywhere

Hey guys, what size do your recommend i go with in Chukka Free....?  I am a 10.5 in Flyknit Trainers and 10 in Flyknit Lunar1. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom