=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

hi Guys,

looking for the yellow and pink or pink/ yellow pair for womens size 6. where can i get the best deals?

Looks like a few of the major retail sites have the Pink Flash/Black/Fireberry/Volt on sale for $109.99 but the smallest size available is a 6.5. Not sure if that's too big.

http://m.eastbay.com/index.cfm?uri=product&model=189615&sku=54888606

http://m.footlocker.com/?uri=product&sku=54888606&model=189615&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

+ Eastbay currently has a 20% code for purchases of $99 or more. Not sure if it works on FKs though.

Last edited:
Most of the remaining cw for Lunar1 are $89.9x at NDC. Very tempted to pick up a few more pairs.
It's very tempting.  Especially with the free 2-day shipping promo (SPRINGIN2NIKE).  I already have four pairs, but three of them have be thoroughly used lol.

It's very tempting.  Especially with the free 2-day shipping promo (SPRINGIN2NIKE).  I already have four pairs, but three of them have be thoroughly used lol.
I know what you're saying.. I already have 7 pairs and 3 of them haven't even been worn yet. Haha.. Still I think another pair or two wouldn't hurt since I'm most likely gonna hold off on purchasing the Lunar2's until they go on sale. I've been eyeballin' the mc orange and tarp green for a while. What would really help make the decision is if Nike throws in the extra 25% off clearance. Wishful thinking but you never know.

Does anyone have any on foot pictures or close ups of the navy blue flyknits? Also thanks for the comment mykoh!
I feel like getting the navy mc flyknits too but I can't seem to find any place or people selling them online. Mind sharing where you plan on buying your pair? Would be a great favor :smile:

Last edited:
What's the durability like on the 1's (for those that own them) now that they've been out for a while?  I read that the tread wears down pretty fast.  True?  How about durability of the rest of the shoe?  Easy to keep clean too?

Thanks!

This may be the CW that draws me into the 2s.

What's the durability like on the 1's (for those that own them) now that they've been out for a while?  I read that the tread wears down pretty fast.  True?  How about durability of the rest of the shoe?  Easy to keep clean too?

Thanks!
They wear down fast depending on what you're doing with them.  I'm not sure what shoe you want to compare them to, but they won't last as long as Lunar Glides....but will last longer than Free Runs.  I only say this because I've ran in all three shoes to compare.  As for durability, they held up fine through all the four seasons.  They are also easy to clean, but I've only did it once because they were bound to get dirty after one run.

Thanks for the info. I plan on using them as my runners (4-10 miles a few times per week). How long of you think they would hold up? I tend to take good care of my stuff. My Pegasus 28s are 2 years old with over 600 miles on them and still in great shape.

Thanks for the info. I plan on using them as my runners (4-10 miles a few times per week). How long of you think they would hold up? I tend to take good care of my stuff. My Pegasus 28s are 2 years old with over 600 miles on them and still in great shape.
Just taking a wild guess, I think these will last a little over 400 miles.  I have roughly 250 miles with two pairs and the wear is noticeable around the toe and heel.  I could take pics, but the shoes are quiet grimey lol

Just taking a wild guess, I think these will last a little over 400 miles.  I have roughly 250 miles with two pairs and the wear is noticeable around the toe and heel.  I could take pics, but the shoes are quiet grimey lol
thanks-that gives me a good idea.  i wonder if the lunar 2's redesigned sole will last longer?!??

I got about 300 out of my first pair, and I was about 60 into my second pair before the snow hit and I stopped running (like a wuss).

I got about 300 out of my first pair, and I was about 60 into my second pair before the snow hit and I stopped running (like a wuss).
Thanks for the reply. How do they hold up in the (light) rain and cold weather?  

toes will get cold in colder weather. I have LG5's shield for the colder months but in the warmer months, I plan on getting the most out of the Lunar1's.

toes will get cold in colder weather. I have LG5's shield for the colder months but in the warmer months, I plan on getting the most out of the Lunar1's.
Thanks.  I live north of Seattle, so our winters aren't as cold as most, per se.  Just a bit wetter.

Thanks.  I live north of Seattle, so our winters aren't as cold as most, per se.  Just a bit wetter.
I always spray the waterproofer from FNL for all my shoes before I wear them. I find that it helps repel some of the water on light rain. if it's raining hard, that's another story. haha.. I just feel more comfortable running with the LG5 shields in the colder months. keeps my toes warm and dry.

In cold weather I've been using Drymax cold weather running socks: http://www.drymaxsocks.com/coldrunning.php

I wouldn't recommend these in light rain conditions.  I've been caught in light rain a couple of times and my feet are constantly wet.

Similar to MD177 I'm using a pair Vomero 8+ Shield for snow and rainy conditions.

In cold weather I've been using Drymax cold weather running socks: http://www.drymaxsocks.com/coldrunning.php

I wouldn't recommend these in light rain conditions.  I've been caught in light rain a couple of times and my feet are constantly wet.

Similar to MD177 I'm using a pair Vomero 8+ Shield for snow and rainy conditions.
Thanks.  I suppose I can always bust out my Pegasus 28 Trail for the cold/rainy days.  Runs on those days are typically shorter than average anyways, so I won't be using them all day.

Still eyeing the Lunar 2's as my go-to distance/training shoe for spring/summer/fall.  Do these shoes (the 1's, I guess) really deliver?!  Not in love w/any of the 2's CWs (on the original release).  Made some pretty sweet iD shoes, but $185 isn't cheap!  May be worth it if I love the shoes and am inspired to run more in them, though!

Thanks.  I suppose I can always bust out my Pegasus 28 Trail for the cold/rainy days.  Runs on those days are typically shorter than average anyways, so I won't be using them all day.

Still eyeing the Lunar 2's as my go-to distance/training shoe for spring/summer/fall.  Do these shoes (the 1's, I guess) really deliver?!  Not in love w/any of the 2's CWs (on the original release).  Made some pretty sweet iD shoes, but $185 isn't cheap!  May be worth it if I love the shoes and am inspired to run more in them, though!
Check out NDC for the Lunar1. Most cw are $90 atm. Your Nike outlet should also have some cw for $90. Check out the hash wall as well as they sometimes have some and have 20-30% off. Lunar1's are definitely worth checking out.

Check out NDC for the Lunar1. Most cw are $90 atm. Your Nike outlet should also have some cw for $90. Check out the hash wall as well as they sometimes have some and have 20-30% off. Lunar1's are definitely worth checking out.
Where did you see them at $90. I can only find them around 130 on NDC. I want to pick up the Game Royal/Dark Obsidian/Chlorine Blue but the cheapest I can find them is $120 ish with coupons from finishline. Thanks for any info

Back
Top Bottom