FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Good ole Firehouse Sub today

check your pm
I'd appreciate the recipe as well, my friend.

Yup, in SF...So the chilli weather shouldnt bother too much, but it'll be my first time seeing snow :lol:
Much appreciated to the contributors! I'll start repping posts with 2 pics, instead of 3...Save up and post!
I'm doing the opposite of you, bro. Planning to visit the Bay Area and SF in the near future. Want to do the whole West Coast thing for a week or two on my vacation time. Any food or restaurant suggestions in CA?

Champ, depends where in Cali you plan to visit. However, if you're hitting up Norcal, check out our section - We somewhat participate there from time to time.

SF though, def check out fisherman's wharf for their clam chowder/dungenuss crab. For Chinese food, try out San Tung and their wings; absolute crack!

Looks real good guys :pimp:

ServedChill, what do you put on your french toast?

Usually whenever I go about it; it's toasted bread + peanut butter (but now that I can't eat peanuts, it's cookie butter from trader joes), then dipped in eggs, pan fry...Served with maple syrup.

I just made a basic french toast batter

mixed the coconut flakes with a little panko bread crumbs

then rolled the bread pieces in the mixture. I finished the pieces off in my toaster oven

because the flakes started to burn, and I don't like my french toast soggy

Some things I will do different the next time I make it

If I had some coconut milk I would have used that in the batter instead of regular milk

and I would get unsweetened coconut flakes so it doesn't burn as much as the sweetened ones did

I would also cut the bread more on an angle so that it's a little flatter.

Luong- you just gave me another idea with the peanut butter.  A ravioli style stuffed french toast shall be my next mission...
pimp.gif

I just made a basic french toast batter
mixed the coconut flakes with a little panko bread crumbs
then rolled the bread pieces in the mixture. I finished the pieces off in my toaster oven
because the flakes started to burn, and I don't like my french toast soggy

Some things I will do different the next time I make it
If I had some coconut milk I would have used that in the batter instead of regular milk
and I would get unsweetened coconut flakes so it doesn't burn as much as the sweetened ones did
I would also cut the bread more on an angle so that it's a little flatter.

Luong- you just gave me another idea with the peanut butter.  A ravioli style stuffed french toast shall be my next mission...:pimp:

nice....good idea using coconut milk instead of regular milk.

Ray's in NYC. Kinda' disappointing.

Was in NYC for an Economics/Finance Forum and for lunch me and some others were wondering around Time Square looking for some good non-fast food grub. Everything was mad expensive but we stumbled across a Thai joint on a side street with a crucial lunch special. Pretty damn good Pad Thai and it was only like $7.99.

The next night we were in Chinatown looking for good Chinese good. Most of our group settled on this one place, but a few of us decided that there were way too many white people eating in it to be really good Chinese food. So we went across the street to some restaurant in the basement where only Chinese people were eating. Ended up being a spot that was on No Reservations. This was the Crab Cantanese. Was pretty damn good, but mad difficult to eat. :smokin

Awesome Shrimp Salad sammich' from a deli in Towson, MD. I think it was only $7.99 and it was easily a pound of shrimp. Pretty damn good too.

Lake Trout platter from Stoko's. With of course, a Half-and-Half. All my Baltimore people know!

C'mon peeps! Where da' food at?

Sesame Seed Bagel w/ Cream Cheese from Towson Hot Bagel with some Natty Boh from a leftover keg the morning after. Best way to fight a hangover.

Egg & Fried Green Tomato Sandwich from Miss Shirley's Cafe in Baltimore. So damn good.

Was back in Chicago for a work trip over the summer. Giordano's isn't my favorite for stuffed/deep dish but it's still pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Those Surf and Turf Fries look BOMB, homie. I've yet to try any variation of Carne Asada fries.

I'll be posting some light pictures this weekend to share what I've been eating with you guys. Broke diet recently and it hasn't been pretty.

Back
Top Bottom