FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

A few items you just don't find down south...
091812.jpg

yo this junk got me salivating. i made some porkchops on my grill pan. 1 thick cut wit a rub on it, the other wit kosher salt pepper garlic salt

yo this junk got me salivating. i made some porkchops on my grill pan. 1 thick cut wit a rub on it, the other wit kosher salt pepper garlic salt
i just picked up some loin chops from Fresh Market earlier, looking for some prep ideas. possibly a braise.

I just discovered a new seafood market by me called Fish Peddler East. best seafood ive ever seen and these shrimp looked like they were on steroids so i  had to pick up a couple pounds

that shrimp is pressed right up against the phone, theres no hovering over. its literally the size of the phone.

I cooked a couple, i made some "fried" coconut/panko shrimp, except i put them in the oven

1 egg

3 tbsps unsweetened coconut 

3 tbsps coconut flour

1/2 cup Panko crumbs ( i used 1/4 cup but if u want a stronger crunch, go with half)

dipped the shrimp in the coco flour, soaked into the egg and then dredged each shrimp with the coconut and panko crumbs

425 in the oven for 8 minutes on both sides or until you start seeing the coconut browning.

i wish i took pictures, ill make them again later in the week. if you have apricot or mango preserves, you can make a sauce out of that and some cooking wine and pepper flakes. the shrimp is definitely a good avenue for a sauce (infact i would highly recommend you go with some sort of sweet sauce, itll balance out the shrimp and the coconut flavor well). Definitely an impressive dish, if "Wow-factor" is what you're going for.

Last edited:
caleekicks: That marinated chicken with seasoned rice looks bomb. Honestly wish I had that for dinner tonight instead of an Italian sandwich from my local deli.

Ill help contribute

San Sushi Too in Towson, MD

Classic DC wings and fries with Mumbo Sauce over everything
pimp.gif

Homemade wontons

Homemade Pho

When I was out in Cali. Honda Ya. Fried calamari, fried chicken and fried pork cutlets. If I remember correctly

General Tso's chicken with pineapples at China Gourmet in Kensington, MD

Chicken Pai Thai from China Gourmet also

i just picked up some loin chops from Fresh Market earlier, looking for some prep ideas. possibly a braise.

I just discovered a new seafood market by me called Fish Peddler East. best seafood ive ever seen and these shrimp looked like they were on steroids so i  had to pick up a couple pounds

that shrimp is pressed right up against the phone, theres no hovering over. its literally the size of the phone.

I cooked a couple, i made some "fried" coconut/panko shrimp, except i put them in the oven

1 egg
3 tbsps unsweetened coconut 
3 tbsps coconut flour
1/2 cup Panko crumbs ( i used 1/4 cup but if u want a stronger crunch, go with half)

dipped the shrimp in the coco flour, soaked into the egg and then dredged each shrimp with the coconut and panko crumbs

425 in the oven for 8 minutes on both sides or until you start seeing the coconut browning.

i wish i took pictures, ill make them again later in the week. if you have apricot or mango preserves, you can make a sauce out of that and some cooking wine and pepper flakes. the shrimp is definitely a good avenue for a sauce (infact i would highly recommend you go with some sort of sweet sauce, itll balance out the shrimp and the coconut flavor well). Definitely an impressive dish, if "Wow-factor" is what you're going for.

them babies lookin good. i aint made no loin chops, but sometimes i let my porkchops soak in salt water for a while, seems to keep em moist

Ill help contribute

San Sushi Too in Towson, MD

Classic DC wings and fries with Mumbo Sauce over everything :pimp:

Homemade wontons

Homemade Pho

When I was out in Cali. Honda Ya. Fried calamari, fried chicken and fried pork cutlets. If I remember correctly

General Tso's chicken with pineapples at China Gourmet in Kensington, MD

Chicken Pai Thai from China Gourmet alsoB

Where dat food from man. I stay in Towson

Idk if I'm late to the game or what but went to ihop this morning......

NY Cheescake Pancakes =

Last edited:
I never go to ihop, is it that good? I feel like it's a glorified Denny's....I probably been there once 5 years ago.

IHOP is ok. I've only been to it maybe twice in the last decade. The one near my house is always packed. I would much rather go to my local diner and get their breakfast. The different syrup flavors at IHOP are appreciated though. No Denny's near me but i've always wanted to try it.

Denny's will always be above ihop IMO.... But those cheesecake pancakes put pancakes on a whole different level. Lol. Wasn't overly sweet, just perfect.

I always thought it was a known fact that IHOP > Dennys > Waffle House as far as chain late night breakfast spots went.......

Quality wise at least......

This thread is helping remind me just how much I love and appreciate a woman that can cook and/or bake. My old roommate's side-piece used to bake us these cookies with mini Reese's peanut butter cups on top. Bangin'. Only thing I would break or cheat on my diet for at the time, and well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom