FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I decided to have dinner at Islands for a second day in a row yesterday evening after I took care of an exchange at nearby Fox Hills Mall.

I had to take advantage of a free burger hookup after accumulating enough points. I only had to come out of pocket for the Oreo Mint shake and tip. 😎

I was pleasantly shocked that I wasn't charged for extra meat because I assumed only the burger would be free. 😲

I had the Kilauea burger. I haven't had it for so many years. I chose to try something spicy. I substituted pepper jack cheese with cheddar cheese to temper the spiciness a little.
IMG_5871.JPG

I was just messing with you a bit. I jumped in here having no idea what the convo was about at all. Elk steak and Tool reference was an inside joke from the Covid thread.

What were y’all even arguing about? Not openminded-ness it sounds like :lol:

No problem, it's OK. Thanks for clarifying.

therealest1 therealest1

I see one day you'll be at the Northdridge mall and the next day at Fox Hills lol

thats a cool 1 hour drive

I go different days whenever I have to go to a specific mall.

Yes, Fox Hills Mall is literally down the street from my residency. That's why it's easy for me to ride my bike and get there fast enough to save gas.

Northridge is quite a distance for real, so that's why I take public transportation to save gas whenever I go there periodically.

Yes, Fox Hills Mall is literally down the street from my residency. That's why it's easy for me to ride my bike and get there fast enough to save gas.

Northridge is quite a distance for real, so that's why I take public transportation to save gas whenever I go there periodically.
when you take public transportation do you let the poor uneducated people sit next to you?

when you take public transportation do you let the poor uneducated people sit next to you?

Although there area lot of derelicts, particularly on the trains, I don't have any issues with whomever sitting next to me as long as they don't bother me. I just keep to myself and stay out of trouble that way.

Hold up... I can understand a 5min walk to save gas .. or a 15min bike ride to save gas...

But Culver to Northridge is like a 90min bus rides.. plural. Cuz no way thats one bus..!

When do you decide to drive and use the gas you're saving.? :lol:

Also, what can you get at Northridge that you can't you get at Fox Hills that'll make you bus a 2/3hr roundtrip.?! 0]

Hold up... I can understand a 5min walk to save gas .. or a 15min bike ride to save gas...

But Culver to Northridge is like a 90min bus rides.. plural. Cuz no way thats one bus..!

When do you decide to drive and use the gas you're saving.? :lol:

Also, what can you get at Northridge that you can't you get at Fox Hills that'll make you bus a 2/3hr roundtrip.?! 0]

I'm aware of the distance and time involved. I take trains and buses to get to my destination whenever I travel further out.

I don't mind traveling to other areas periodically because it's something different for me instead of staying local. Sometimes I prefer to spread out my spots because it's productive for me personally.

Is it right to assume LA doesn't have a somewhat viable metro/subway system? Feel like that would solve a lot of issues there...

Is it right to assume LA doesn't have a somewhat viable metro/subway system? Feel like that would solve a lot of issues there...
We have a Metro system. I don’t think it’s very good based on my few times using it before and personally don’t know anyone who uses it regularly.

Back
Top Bottom