FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Paratha is so good especially when it's fried. I've also tried homemade sheermal a couple times and it was amazing. A little bit of sweetness.
Yeah sometimes i'll buy those frozen paratha and they're actually good, nice and flaky.
Paratha is so good. Prefer it over Naan

Bacon on a stick @ yankee stadium

Not pictured:
Nathan’s hot dog
Nathan’s fries
Nathan’s chicken tenders

I was shocked yankee stadium food stands looks like a high school cafeteria. Maybe it was the section I was at level 100. MSG and Barclays looked cooler to me.
D0A06F0A-7EBC-45DA-9214-2880A6A004CF.jpeg

Shout out to the NT’er that put me on to Chip City:
S’more
Lemon berry
Chocolate Chip

572A51E1-7155-4E61-9114-D570E7E78296.jpeg

Whipped Urban Dessert Lab. Oat Milk based soft serve. My son got chocolate and vanilla swirl with sprinkles.

F1CC2B25-D9FA-41F3-9B9D-CE5295AD8498.jpeg

Yatenga in Harlem
Guacamole with handmade corn chips
Not pictured:
Chef special Gambas (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) - shrimp, macaroni, bechamel, Parmesan cheese, spinach, mushroom, chicken, and garlic sauce

BC0EF3B8-BA68-41C3-9D9E-BABFBDEFA211.jpeg

Ample Hills Ice cream:
Ooey gooey butter cake (trash)
I LOVE ice cream and I didn’t even finish half of it.

ADB45302-ED9B-451F-B269-50E6FF22D24F.jpeg

Frozen sugarcane from Jamaica. Waiting for it to defrost. Hopefully it will taste good.
117C2005-9D74-4663-A2C9-57BA58503F5E.jpeg

Champion Bakery Chicken and Beef Pattie from
White Plains road in the Bronx.

Decided to bring back a dozen frozen chicken and beef pAtties.

2E7CA9D8-B31C-4E35-9B2C-853D71C6F53F.jpeg

Frozen chicken Pattie. Sooooo flakey and tasty. I burnt the Pattie while heating it up so I didn’t take a pick of the final product.

3702D382-C223-46C2-ACB0-931778C217E8.jpeg

Had to hit up from favorite deli across the street from the hospital my boys where born at.

Ham
Swiss
Mayo
Oil/vinegar
Lettuce
Tomatoe
Roll - wanted hero bread

0FDB6071-D25D-4129-8778-415765B6E246.jpeg

Family photo lol

0E9DA58A-7C56-4BD1-A0F8-9D16FF1B5169.jpeg
You ate good af out there!

The Bacon on a stick & Chip City ... :emoji_fire: Need to try that Miznon spot with the folded Cheeseburger and Sobre Masa. Looks delicious.

What was wrong with the ooey gooey butter cake from Ample Hills? I had it on my list after seeing it on a feature. Kinna glad I didn't try it now.

Yeah the Youtubing helps a lot man. W.e. type of food I'm interested in pizza/cheesesteaks/pies/dessert I'll type that in along with the city I'm in & go accordingly to what visually stands out to me the most. If it really has my attention I'll Yelp it as well real quick & read some reviews. This is how I found this spot in Chicago called Bang Bang Pies. If you ever find yourself in Chicago, go there. Damn, Long Island with better tacos than LA- I would've never guessed.
Fax. I always use YouTube to search for places whenever I go somewhere out of state, but even for places here in Chicago. New places always popping up getting reviewed or featured. Great tool for seeing what's out there.

I still need to try Bang Bang. Literally one of the few pie shops I haven't tried yet. I'll definitely try it this summer. It was closed for a min during the pandemic. What slice did you have? I want French Silk but might get something else if they're out.

Pork chop, burger off the grill

Opened the wrong end of the pepper shaker :lol:

20220617_213025.jpg
20220604_205048.jpg
20220615_211333.jpg

Wendys - Cant remember, think its was a baconator or the bbq bacon joint

20220530_232908.jpg

Allan's Bakery - Loaf and some currant rolls

20220612_190130.jpg

King Express Deli - Chopped cheese w/ bacon on a hero

20220617_213018.jpg

Some chinese spot by me - Wings and fries

20220621_165835.jpg

Been looking for some good birria tacos ever since I saw some posted here or on IG

Taquitos Mexico Restaurant

So good had to buy it twice this week 🔥 :pimp: That consommé was hittin!

20220624_141705.jpg

20220619_214842.jpg

Halal Bros. Grill - Double cheeseburger with their jerk sauce and dragon sauce 🔥

Cant remember if I posted the jerk chicken quesadillas I had. They were bangin too

20220622_142738.jpg

Last edited:
Paratha is so good. Prefer it over Naan

You ate good af out there!

The Bacon on a stick & Chip City ... :emoji_fire: Need to try that Miznon spot with the folded Cheeseburger and Sobre Masa. Looks delicious.

What was wrong with the ooey gooey butter cake from Ample Hills? I had it on my list after seeing it on a feature. Kinna glad I didn't try it now.

Fax. I always use YouTube to search for places whenever I go somewhere out of state, but even for places here in Chicago. New places always popping up getting reviewed or featured. Great tool for seeing what's out there.

I still need to try Bang Bang. Literally one of the few pie shops I haven't tried yet. I'll definitely try it this summer. It was closed for a min during the pandemic. What slice did you have? I want French Silk but might get something else if they're out.

My wife planned all the museum and park trips and I was in charge of making the food spot list.

Miznon is a MUST! Bonus, it’s located in a food hall (Chelsea market) so if your not a fan you have other amazing establishments to choose from.

The taste was off. My wife had another flavor and threw hers out also. I would still give it a try, maybe they had an off day. JENNIS ice cream have a gooey ice cream cake that I enjoyed.

I use YouTube for a million other things thanks to zmaqbool zmaqbool I started to use it for food spots. My go to was yelp, eater.com, word of mouth, and IG.

Pork chop, burger off the grill

Opened the wrong end of the pepper shaker :lol:

20220617_213025.jpg
20220604_205048.jpg
20220615_211333.jpg

Wendys - Cant remember, think its was a baconator or the bbq bacon joint

20220530_232908.jpg

Allan's Bakery - Loaf and some currant rolls

20220612_190130.jpg

King Express Deli - Chopped cheese w/ bacon on a hero

20220617_213018.jpg

Some chinese spot by me - Wings and fries

20220621_165835.jpg

Been looking for some good birria tacos ever since I saw some posted here or on IG

Taquitos Mexico Restaurant

So good had to buy it twice this week 🔥 :pimp: That consommé was hittin!

20220624_141705.jpg

20220619_214842.jpg

Halal Bros. Grill - Double cheeseburger with their jerk sauce and dragon sauce 🔥

Cant remember if I posted the jerk chicken quesadillas I had. They were bangin too

20220622_142738.jpg
Lol @ opening the wrong part of the shaker. Something similar happened to me with sugar.

Never had birria, is it oily? It’s on my list to try.

Lol @ opening the wrong part of the shaker. Something similar happened to me with sugar.

Never had birria, is it oily? It’s on my list to try.
The birria tacos by itself are great and not that oily. Its just beef made a certain way; slow cooked, specific seasoning, and then using the consommé as a dip.

The consommé is a bit oily but not to the point where its more oil than they actual sauce. It is very flavorful.
Needs more pepper...don't be shy :pimp:

Peppergang
Its funny cuz when it poured all over my fries I was about to try and put some back but was like why? Too much pepper aint gonna hurt me anyway :lol:

Last edited:
The birria tacos by itself are great and not that oily. Its just beef made a certain way; slow cooked, specific seasoning, and then using the consommé as a dip.

The consommé is a bit oily but not to the point where its more oil than they actual sauce. It is very flavorful.

Its funny cuz when it poured all over my fries I was about to try and put some back but was like why too much pepper aint gonna hurt me anyway :lol:
Silly me thought the consommé was oil. Had no idea it was a dip.

Anyone ever make cauliflower crust pizza? Making it from scratch right now and looking for some tips. Last time I tried it stuck to the parchment paper.
I've always wanted to try this as a crust but have not so far. I see Blaze Pizza & a lot of mom n pop pizzerias are offering it too. Cauliflower as a whole has been gaining some well deserved attention in the culinary world as of late. Let me know how it turns out.

walkingBred walkingBred When we went to Bang Bang we had their hashbrowns, key lime pie, apple crumb pie, some house special jelly & few other things. Bro, EVERYTHING was beyond amazing. The quality & freshness their food has is unexplainable in words. It was def a heavenly experience. You have to go, lol.

Anyone ever make cauliflower crust pizza? Making it from scratch right now and looking for some tips. Last time I tried it stuck to the parchment paper.
I've always wanted to try this as a crust but have not so far. I see Blaze Pizza & a lot of mom n pop pizzerias are offering it too. Cauliflower as a whole has been gaining some well deserved attention in the culinary world as of late. Let me know how it turns out.
The few Cauliflower Crust Pizzas I've had were frozen but were real good. Did not expect to like them as much as I did.

walkingBred walkingBred When we went to Bang Bang we had their hashbrowns, key lime pie, apple crumb pie, some house special jelly & few other things. Bro, EVERYTHING was beyond amazing. The quality & freshness their food has is unexplainable in words. It was def a heavenly experience. You have to go, lol.
Not a Key Lime Pie guy, but interested in the Apple Crumb or a Pecan Pie. Will def try this Summer.

Not a Key Lime Pie guy, but interested in the Apple Crumb or a Pecan Pie. Will def try this Summer.
Cauliflower is so delicious, imo. What brands were the frozen pizzas? I recently had fried cauliflower as an appetizer & damn it hit the spot. I feel like cauliflower has been slept on as a versatile & tasty food until recently. I like Kimchi too. Def try the apple crumb & pecan pie. Key lime is an acquired taste so I get where you're coming from. The menu at Bang Bang is always changing & they always have a special or two for the day so you might get lucky with something really good.

Cauliflower is so delicious, imo. What brands were the frozen pizzas? I recently had fried cauliflower as an appetizer & damn it hit the spot. I feel like cauliflower has been slept on as a versatile & tasty food until recently. I like Kimchi too. Def try the apple crumb & pecan pie. Key lime is an acquired taste so I get where you're coming from. The menu at Bang Bang is always changing & they always have a special or two for the day so you might get lucky with something really good.
I can't remember the brands. There's a little Cauliflower Pizza section at the Jewel where I bought them. I picked 2 random ones. The toppings had spinach on both.

I can't remember the brands. There's a little Cauliflower Pizza section at the Jewel where I bought them. I picked 2 random ones. The toppings had spinach on both.
Spinach is probably the best food to compliment cauliflower. I got to get some cauli crust pizza next pizza run.

My girlfriend’s mom was doubting me the whole way through sending me texts of links to takeout menus, but I believed in myself and it paid off in dividends.
0AE68417-75B4-463E-98F9-70A555AC546B.jpeg

Sent her the pic along with this:

Back
Top Bottom