FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pork Chop on a bed of apple, asparagus + corn topped with a fried egg.

this is sweet 8)

The first side got a little more char because the flames were kicking up high. They ended being a good medium-rare when I took them off the grill with plenty of good pink color. Cooking on a charcoal grill forces you to constantly move them which is why I'm the only one who grills them now. My dad overcooks them and my brother never knows when to take them off.

The first side got a little more char because the flames were kicking up high. They ended being a good medium-rare when I took them off the grill with plenty of good pink color. Cooking on a charcoal grill forces you to constantly move them which is why I'm the only one who grills them now. My dad overcooks them and my brother never knows when to take them off.

Invest in a weber grill and introduce yourself to two zone cooking.

I'm poor. I gotta save up for new stuff next grilling season. Any of you own that green egg thing? I saw people talking about it on tv and it looked interesting.

dont move the steak around too much.. just use a little squirt bottle and just mist the coals a little bit.. use apple cider if you want.. dont drench the coals though.. spray enough to control it...

U St? Man I walked around there the other day and saw a sign for COFFEE outside and I was like, "Damn they are closed down."

Nah for whatever their sign is gone though lol...

King crab legs and ground turkey dip

Buffalo chicken panini from duclaw

Last edited:
Planning on grilling some chicken thighs today. Got a little Webber. Also trying to get some smoke flavor in there as well. You can see the little puch of wood chips I just put together. Poke some holes in there and it should be good for 30 mins. shogun shogun when I am about to start I can show you 2-zone cooking. You don't need any money for that man. Just an aluminum tray that can hold some water.

Last edited:
I trust you, but that looks OD charred and dry. Especially with how much of the meat shrunk from the bones.

So shogun shogun

I have all of my coals at the top of the grill (direct cooking)
I have a pan with water at the bottom of the grill (Indirect cooking)

The pan also helps circulate moisture within the grill so food isn't as dry.

So when I get the color that I want, I move the food from the direct side to the indirect side, just to cook through.

The pouch is just wood chips to add smoke

Last edited:

I barely had any jerk seasoning left (Grace paste), so I didn't cover as much of the chickens as I had hoped to cover. Still came out cool visually though.

Last edited:
Clam chowder fries

Snow crab fries

"One Love" Jamaican patty burger - it was so hyped up and it disappointed me so badly

Back
Top Bottom