FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Wheat, lettuce, mustard, mayo, cheese, some flavored turkey or chicken like boars head lemon pepper, turkey salami.

I put whatever I got on it but usually something to that extent.

How much deli meat do you guys buy at a time?

I always get reactions from the deli people when I tell them I want a pound of this and another pound of that. I don’t feel like buying two pounds is that crazy.
Usually get the Costco pack which is like 1.75.

Lasts a bit though since we aren’t eating it every day.

Screenshot_20240301-145936.png

Gotta take it out of the little bag they give you and put it in. Container. But I’m with you on going back often

Also place a folded paper towel on the top layer of the meat to keep the moisture from getting on the meat. ( # )

SAME TRICK to use on those plastic containers of Spring Mix

How much deli meat do you guys buy at a time?

I always get reactions from the deli people when I tell them I want a pound of this and another pound of that. I don’t feel like buying two pounds is that crazy.
I get the Hillshire Farm turkey breast from Costco. Makes about 8-10 sandwiches for me. Lasts a little over a week per pack. Thaw in water vs in the fridge to prevent the slices from sticking.

I’m simple. Turkey, lettuce, chipotle aioli, and sourdough bread from Trader Joe’s. Eat that for lunch almost every day during the work week. Never get tired of it.

Drinking juice isn’t as good for you as you may think. It’s like drinking a slightly healthier uncarbonated soda. But the main issue still exists it both. Excess calories and sugar without any fiber.
My dad likes carrot juice so he wants to make his own.. I’m interested in making ginger shots with it too

Cooked ribs for the first time in my life yesterday. Didn't post a pic because I'm not on you all's level, as I've said multiple times.
Did 250 for 4 hours. Most recipes I looked at said you want them to be at about 175° internally.
After 6 hours, they were 190, and I thought that might be tough or dry or whatever.
Absolutely not. They were perfect. They weren't fall off the bone perfect, but they were tender and juicy.
The reason for this post is a few questions.

1. I just did seasoned ribs. I read that if you're doing sauce, throw sauce on them the last 45 minutes to an hour but no longer because the sauce will burn. Does that sound about right?

2. You want to cook meat side down, right?

3. Like I said, I did 250° for 4 hrs. I read different things on cook times and changing the temperature. Do you have any different recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom