FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If you didn't go to l'Avenue in MTL for brunch you ****** up It wasn't even on my list. If/when I go back, I'll hit it up.

Did you try a st. Viateur bagel? I did and it was great.

Kaplansky's is trash It was okay, but Schwartz's was so much better than Kaplansky's.

My trip to NY

Cannoli from a spot in Sterling, VA, and some crabs from the Maine Avenue Fish Market in DC.  Both were 
nthat.gif
Oh, man. It looks like I need to go and try these places out.

Are the crabs at the fish market expensive?

Extra crispy buttermilk fried chicken thigh, caramelized shallot-bourbon bbq, white cheddar, sweet corn slaw and jalapeno-thyme peach jam on a house biscuit

Beef brisket, shortrib and oxtail chili, homemade fritos and luna cheese wiz in a grilled burrito.

Pork mole, plantain, potato, onion and queso fresco in crispy empanadas w/ gravy and chimichurri for dippin'.

Sloooowwww cooked, pulled, chopped and pattied wild boar babyback ribs, crazy gringa hot sauce cayenne-raspberry BBQ, house pickles and onion on a sesame bun.

Butter poached ME lobster, super crispy dayboat scallops, sauce gribiche, lettuce, tomato and chili sauce on a baguette.

Gochujong flat iron steak, spicy kalbi turnip and potato, kimchi, an egg and scallion on focaccia.

Smashed house burger, white cheddar, corned beef hash croquette, sauce gribiche, lettuce, pickle and an egg on a brioche bun.

Nashville hot fried chicken, havarti-white cheddar mac n' cheese, kale and house pickles in a grilled burrito wrap.

Braised brisket, sliced thin and piled high on blue cheese bread with grilled onion and horseradish aioli, with natural jus for dipping.

Slooooow cooked ribs glazed with crazy gringa hot sauce, ginger-piri piri BBQ w/ collard greens and sweet potato waffle fries.

Duck rillette, duck salumi, duck prosciutto, caramelized shallot-fig jam, mustard arugula and muenster on griddled wheatberry bread.

Slow roasted beef brisket, sliced thin and piled high on brioche with luna cheese whiz, pepper bacon, lettuce and fried onion jam.

Marinated and caramelized flatiron steak, herb roasted potatoes, marcona almond sweet n' sour glaze and cucumber gremolata on rosemary olive bread.

Beef and venison meatloaf on cheddar bread with 'Merican cheese, herb aioli, glazed pearl onions and natural gravy for dipping

Smoked and sous vide beef brisket w/ bbq, fried green tomatoes, pickled sweet peppers and crazy gringa hot sauce piri piri aioli on a brioche bun.

Whole roasted tenderloin, lobster, bearnaise and tater tots on brioche.

Jerk seasoned FL red grouper, lobster-shrimp coconut rice, chimichurri slaw, heirloom tomato, pickled peppers and house pickapeppa sauce.

Extra crispy bacon and heirloom tomatoes on black 7 seed bread with bibb lettuce and house sunflower aioli

Last edited:
Yo you gotta stop with those photos, man.  I've been so good about eating healthy lately. 
laugh.gif

That tenderloin, lobster, and tater tot sandwich has me scratching my head though.

I want a fatboy sandwich now but don't have much food in the house or money to get a sandwich.

@Fozzy Badfeet  Nah, not too pricey around here.  Even cheaper in MD.

Homey schooled me on the Maryland crab game recently.  Had some crab dip at a local joint in Pasadena and realized that MD goes hard on the Old Bay...

Back
Top Bottom