Footlocker/Champs/Footaction Employee Appreciation possibly next weekend?

I'm guessing some of these are EXCLUDED? Does this mean the blue ones and Ohio states are a GO?!

What about track jackets, sweaters and socks, is that EXCLUDED too?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by KA0TIK1

If there is something that you really want that is excluded... buy a shoe that is that same exact price and then after the 50 have your girl or one of your boys come swap it out for the shoe you really wanted as long as its still available, even if you have to stock locate it and pay the $3 shipping fee..  one of the easiest ways to get around the exclusions..  if you want the flip 3's, just buy a pair of air max 2011's.. both are $160 so it would be an even exchange and you would end up getting them on the 50..  wouldn't try doing it for more than one or maybe two shoes per EA.. footlocker is one of the easiest companys to swap things at..  especially since they are so slow on marking shoes down.. i've gotten $160 shoes at the nike outlet with the ftl sticker still on the  box (although they are getting better at covering them up on some things) for under $100 or even cheaper.. and then taken them to footlocker and exchanged for something brand new that just came out or our gotten a gift card and then used it on release day for a retro..  again, not something I did or would suggest doing all the time, but there are always ways around the system, especially since they aren't supposed to ask for your id and you can give them whatever name/info you please...  
it's hit or miss depending on the store you go to.   technically there supposed to do their job and follow COMPANY POLICY and take the exchange without asking questions and giving runaround, but we all now footlocker employees like to make up their own self imposed make believe rules.

i wouldn't be suprised at all for employees to bs on an exchange for a new release item and try to give some type of excuse.  you can force their hand and call corporate and they'll either make them honor the exchange or have you mail the shoes back to corporate  (with them covering shipping and they'll mail you a merchandice return card)

some stores will be cool and not cause any problems but some employees will.  i just hate the hassle of dealing with douchbag employees, who don't release that their an at will employer and them pissing me off by not following COMPANY POLICY can cost them their job if they piss me off enough with their attitude and i decide to make a call to corporate and send an email to footlockers higherups about the terrible customer service i experienced in store.

I'm not sure why an employee would hassle you over an even exchange. It's not like people are going to buy the shoes at half price and then return them for cash. You either get an even exchange, or you get a store credit.
I agree with your point since even when I worked for the company I had to deal with people that thought they ran the place and then come to find out that they were just some part timer who thought they created the shoe game.. it shouldn't ever be an issue, but just depends on who is working.. what kind of day the store is having and what not..  easiest way is if your connect or actual family member is in management and runs the store for a period by themselves.. then it should be pretty easy and simple to just run it as an exchange through the cash register and pay any difference..  however if you have to go to a store where they are a little stricter or trying to pull some bs saying you can return/exchange them.. then just go in with the intention of getting a merchandise credit/gift card since you can use it to buy whatever you want after the fact.. walk in and say you got them for a gift and don't like them, you called customer service and they instructed you to return them to the store and you would get credit for them.. that way the employee knows from the get go that you know the rules and know how to contact customer service..  trying to exchange them for a new release is a lot more of a chance to get the run around, but there are still plenty of ways to get what you want.. 
 i miss working for the company some days, especially during the EA's back in the day with the $1000 limit and you had no monthly limit/card, just a pay stub would work..  i got so much stuff on the 50 it was unreal and would usually use at least one or two of the part timers limit so I could go crazy..  even putting things on layaway just to lock down the price and then paying it off within the 30 days..  but there is so much bs that goes on behind the scenes, especially being in management and so much corporate bs to deal with that it just isn't worth it in the end.. 

it's hit or miss depending on the store you go to.   technically there supposed to do their job and follow COMPANY POLICY and take the exchange without asking questions and giving runaround, but we all now footlocker employees like to make up their own self imposed make believe rules.

i wouldn't be suprised at all for employees to bs on an exchange for a new release item and try to give some type of excuse.  you can force their hand and call corporate and they'll either make them honor the exchange or have you mail the shoes back to corporate  (with them covering shipping and they'll mail you a merchandice return card)

some stores will be cool and not cause any problems but some employees will.  i just hate the hassle of dealing with douchbag employees, who don't release that their an at will employer and them pissing me off by not following COMPANY POLICY can cost them their job if they piss me off enough with their attitude and i decide to make a call to corporate and send an email to footlockers higherups about the terrible customer service i experienced in store.

I'm not sure why an employee would hassle you over an even exchange. It's not like people are going to buy the shoes at half price and then return them for cash. You either get an even exchange, or you get a store credit.
I agree with your point since even when I worked for the company I had to deal with people that thought they ran the place and then come to find out that they were just some part timer who thought they created the shoe game.. it shouldn't ever be an issue, but just depends on who is working.. what kind of day the store is having and what not..  easiest way is if your connect or actual family member is in management and runs the store for a period by themselves.. then it should be pretty easy and simple to just run it as an exchange through the cash register and pay any difference..  however if you have to go to a store where they are a little stricter or trying to pull some bs saying you can return/exchange them.. then just go in with the intention of getting a merchandise credit/gift card since you can use it to buy whatever you want after the fact.. walk in and say you got them for a gift and don't like them, you called customer service and they instructed you to return them to the store and you would get credit for them.. that way the employee knows from the get go that you know the rules and know how to contact customer service..  trying to exchange them for a new release is a lot more of a chance to get the run around, but there are still plenty of ways to get what you want.. 
 i miss working for the company some days, especially during the EA's back in the day with the $1000 limit and you had no monthly limit/card, just a pay stub would work..  i got so much stuff on the 50 it was unreal and would usually use at least one or two of the part timers limit so I could go crazy..  even putting things on layaway just to lock down the price and then paying it off within the 30 days..  but there is so much bs that goes on behind the scenes, especially being in management and so much corporate bs to deal with that it just isn't worth it in the end.. 
You think my sis can do that with the Cannons or flip 3's? And then pay for it within a week or 2 though along with the 30% off? Or has thing changed lately?

Fully Calibrated wrote:

You think my sis can do that with the Cannons or flip 3's? And then pay for it within a week or 2 though along with the 30% off? Or has thing changed lately?

you aren't going to be able to buy shoes on the 50 and then return them for a gift card and be able to use it with the regular 30.. that would be crazy cheap and no way to pull it off..  you can't (it will let you but it wouldn't be very smart at all to try) use a gift/merchandise card as payment when using your employee discount, whether it be on the 50 or regular 30.. easiest way to get fired from the company.. especially if the merchandise card was credited for shoes that you bought on the 50.. too much of a paper trail..   for the cannons, buy a different colorway lebron on the 50 and then just do a straight exchange for the cannon's a few days later or at a different store..  for the flip 3's..  buy something close to the 175 value on the 50 and return later for a merchandise card.. then use the merchandise card to pay for the flips and pay cash for any difference if the shoe you got on the 50 wasn't as expensive..  

Fully Calibrated wrote:

you aren't going to be able to buy shoes on the 50 and then return them for a gift card and be able to use it with the regular 30.. that would be crazy cheap and no way to pull it off..  you can't (it will let you but it wouldn't be very smart at all to try) use a gift/merchandise card as payment when using your employee discount, whether it be on the 50 or regular 30.. easiest way to get fired from the company.. especially if the merchandise card was credited for shoes that you bought on the 50.. too much of a paper trail..   for the cannons, buy a different colorway lebron on the 50 and then just do a straight exchange for the cannon's a few days later or at a different store..  for the flip 3's..  buy something close to the 175 value on the 50 and return later for a merchandise card.. then use the merchandise card to pay for the flips and pay cash for any difference if the shoe you got on the 50 wasn't as expensive..  

Thanks a lot man but I was referring to just putting the shoes on lay away and then using the 30% off for them like within a week or 2. JUST to reserve them and then later just use the 30% off since they might be sold-out. Like basically, secure them on lay away but still be able to use the 30% off before 30 days?
pimp.gif

But I'm going to take my chances in following your advice to save an extra $30-$35 per shoe but I just hope the flips don't sell out(so i can go do that Sunday at my local store) specially the cannons, I hope those stick around for at least a few days.
tired.gif

^Technically employees aren't allowed to put release date items on layaway for a week. Some stores still do it though.

^Technically employees aren't allowed to put release date items on layaway for a week. Some stores still do it though.
you are correct that employee's aren't supposed to put new releases on layaway or be able to buy multiples of new releases with their discount..  all depends on the manager of the store since there is nothing stopping you in the system from doing it and i've seen it happen many many times.. helps if you are the store manager or have a good relationship with the store manager since as long as it gets off the books before day 35, i've never had an auditor say anything about employee new release layaway's.. again it all just depends on who your dealing with..   
you could always go in yourself and put them on layaway as a regular customer to lock your pair/size down..  then later on go in and cancel the layaway..  you'll be out $5, but you'll have your shoes available.. then have your sister buy them with her discount.. just have to make sure she is working or there when you cancel it since if not, another employee may grab them or hold them for someone they know..   although it also depends on how many that store has sold on discount since each store is only allowed to sell 20% of their stock with an employee discount.. 

footlocker is one of those companies that it all just depends on who is running the store and also what kind of district manager that location has..  i've seen managers and even some employee's stock pile shoes in the stockroom to save for the 50 or wait for them to get marked down and then buy with normal discount.. i remember going to a store and seeing multiple countdown packs in the stockroom like a year or so after they released.. also saw some cdp's make their way to clearance stores for some crazy deals..  i ended up getting two 8/15 packs for like 70 bucks each after discount.. granted they were the most sought after packs, but a pack of two jordans for under 100 is hard to complain about..  talking in this thread really makes me miss working there and opening up cases of shipment and being like a little kid on x-mas..  but at least i still have plenty of connects and have $500 lined up to use this EA.. good luck to everyone and i hope everyone gets what they want.. 

TOOK A LIL LEG WORK BUT GOT NUTTIN BUT LBJ 9'S MN, OSU, AND LUCKY ENUFF TO GET 30% ON CANNONS..

Smh champs wasn't letting me stock locate. I know technically you aren't supposed to, but I've still done it in the past and tons of stores still do it.

Bought Nike Destroyer Varsity Jacket, free runs, air max 2011s, and nba beanie
pimp.gif

Will buy more stuff tomorrow

Man EA! I would love to cop a pair of Zoom Rookies or Lebrons anyone headed out to 34st Saturday???

Champs wouldnt stock locate and footlocker wasn't supposed to but... Kentuckys and Ohio St are on their way! Plus a pair of acg 90's, blue 95's and blackout Kobe V's. Today was good to me.

warning!! if you take your wife to lady footlocker, she will eat up a large chunk of your $500 limit. she cleaned up big time. 2 pairs air max 2011s and lots of nike clothes.

My connect can't get to the store until late, and he tells me that the store manager will be gone by the time he gets there and without him to key in his code, he can not do his 50.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

My connect can't get to the store until late, and he tells me that the store manager will be gone by the time he gets there and without him to key in his code, he can not do his 50.

what you mean?

My connects gonna go with me on sunday , tomorrow. hopefully thats not the case here

If there is something that you really want that is excluded... buy a shoe that is that same exact price and then after the 50 have your girl or one of your boys come swap it out for the shoe you really wanted as long as its still available, even if you have to stock locate it and pay the $3 shipping fee..  one of the easiest ways to get around the exclusions..  if you want the flip 3's, just buy a pair of air max 2011's.. both are $160 so it would be an even exchange and you would end up getting them on the 50..  wouldn't try doing it for more than one or maybe two shoes per EA.. footlocker is one of the easiest companys to swap things at..  especially since they are so slow on marking shoes down.. i've gotten $160 shoes at the nike outlet with the ftl sticker still on the  box (although they are getting better at covering them up on some things) for under $100 or even cheaper.. and then taken them to footlocker and exchanged for something brand new that just came out or our gotten a gift card and then used it on release day for a retro..  again, not something I did or would suggest doing all the time, but there are always ways around the system, especially since they aren't supposed to ask for your id and you can give them whatever name/info you please...  

the manager at my store is one of those douchebags. he wouldn't let me do it. but he did it himself. what a hypocrite..

So, went into champs to pickup a couple shirts/socks/shorts and the guys in there tell me that they're potentially having a 50 this weekend and asked me if I needed anything.

Can anyone that works there confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom