for 3M fanatics, vapor flash jacket

im not sure what size to get... normally i get a large or occasionally a medium, but everyone who posted in here saying they got Smalls are like my exact size. would a medium be a good compromise for the black vapor or hopefully the olympic medal stand? or should i stick with large like usual? thanks for any help

@KDfan02

Maybe you could request the guys who got smalls to measure the jacket for you? Maybe chest/waist/hips/front length/back length or something along those lines?

@KDfan02

Maybe you could request the guys who got smalls to measure the jacket for you? Maybe chest/waist/hips/front length/back length or something along those lines?
Not sure but think nike smalls are 36.5 chest and mediums 39.5, I forget about large though. I should be getting mine any day now (ordered on the 18th) and when I do I'll measure chest & torso. My chest is 39" so I'm medium for most clothing but it depends on the cut, because sometimes I can sneak into a small without it being too tight on my torso & arms.

just got mine in today from sports shoes...ordered on the 22nd

so nice!!!! for 140 dollars i feel like this is a steal, feels like a premium jacket from a luxury designer brand other than Nike

so happy with the purchase, thanks NT!!!

just got mine in today from sports shoes...ordered on the 22nd

so nice!!!! for 140 dollars i feel like this is a steal, feels like a premium jacket from a luxury designer brand other than Nike

so happy with the purchase, thanks NT!!!
mind posting some pics?

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm thinking I will guy with a medium, don't love a tight fit. Question to those who own it though. Nike is advertising it as a thermal jacket. I would be using it as like a winter type jacket for when the weather gets cold, and I was wondering if it would actually work, or would i be beter off served getting a thicker jacket? thanks again for all the help

mind posting some pics?
dont mind if i do 
pimp.gif

Finally pulled the trigger on a Medium. Jacket is too dope to pass up especially at the reduced price.

For those who have purchased these, do these fit the same as the gold medal stand jacket? Still comtemplating on getting a L or XL?

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm thinking I will guy with a medium, don't love a tight fit. Question to those who own it though. Nike is advertising it as a thermal jacket. I would be using it as like a winter type jacket for when the weather gets cold, and I was wondering if it would actually work, or would i be beter off served getting a thicker jacket? thanks again for all the help

Because it's thinly lined, I can't say I'd wear this in the winter at all, at least definitely not in Canada anyway. Should be great for a night run in the spring/fall though when it's chilly out.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Medium. Jacket is too dope to pass up especially at the reduced price.
im seriously contemplating doubling up on this jacket

you know nike is going to release the same version and charge 500 bucks next fashion season

Because it's thinly lined, I can't say I'd wear this in the winter at all, at least definitely not in Canada anyway. Should be great for a night run in the spring/fall though when it's chilly out.

Interesting. Does it block the wind well though? Thats the bigest issue really where I'm from

im seriously contemplating doubling up on this jacket

you know nike is going to release the same version and charge 500 bucks next fashion season
haha, thinking about doing the same thing, hoping it holds up durability wise cause I'm gonna be using it quite a bit for nighttime training. I'm not sure whether it's the manufacturing process or what, but for some reason true fully reflective 360 jackets are hard to find and when you do find them, the asking price is usually ridiculous, starting at $400 for lululemon's run:reflective jacket, and going all the way up to $1000 for Stone Island's Liquid Reflective jacket. Nike needs to continue releasing jackets and or other clothing with this 360 reflectivity. I prefer running/cycling in these over wearing the typical vest and looking like a construction worker who lost his buddies. 

Last edited:
Mine came today, ordered on the 21st, in case anyone was wondering about shipping times.

Mine also came today!! ordered on April 18th and live on the east coast in Central New Jersey. 

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I copped the hat a little while back from 6pm.com for $15 which was also a great deal.

Last edited:
Went on a 30 mile ride today in 45 degrees with about a 5-8 mph wind. Even while sprinting 25-30mph I couldn't feel the wind. I'm really diggin' the pockets with cord management built-in. The jacket is waterproof except for the Elasticated Ribbed Hem &
Elasticated Ribbed Cuffs which get soaked; I realized this after rinsing all the sweat, oil, and anything else off after my workout.

Also, so many broken necks and cars slowing down to check me out, everyone also gave me the proper amount of space on the road which usually doesn't happen even during the daytime; the safest I've felt on the road by far.

Last edited:
I'm still seriously thinking about doubling up and getting a silver as well. All the Women's $200 Silver USOC/21st C/vapor flash/Medal stand, whatever you want to call it, seem to be gone from eastbay, footlocker, and champ sports. Looks like Ebay is the last stop, found a decent price but may wait a while before pulling the trigger.

The listing is:
Buy It Now $249 + FREE Shipping (not quite as good as $139, but still better than $300/$400+)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-USA-LO...=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&var=&hash=item3a80e507f7

looks like they have all sizes except XL with more than 10 available, I'm a women's large for sure.

Last edited:
Kinda disappointed with my 21stncentury wind runner. I've worn it maybe 15x while cycling and the 3m has flaked off on the sleeves. It looks terrible.

Kinda disappointed with my 21stncentury wind runner. I've worn it maybe 15x while cycling and the 3m has flaked off on the sleeves. It looks terrible.

What caused yours to flake off?
And how are they holding up after a wash? I was wondering about that, I don't wanna spend the money, use it for a run, wash it, now spotty 3M missing.

What caused yours to flake off?
And how are they holding up after a wash? I was wondering about that, I don't wanna spend the money, use it for a run, wash it, now spotty 3M missing.
I'm guessing cycling + dust in the air.  When I first got it, I wore it a few times just out and about, washed it and there would be little specks missing.  But after cycling in it, there are huge pieces missing on the sleeves.  Ill take a pic

Back
Top Bottom