for 3M fanatics, vapor flash jacket

^ cole haan reflective wingtip. always wanted a pair. going to keep a better lookout now.

should be no surprise that the ugly penny loafers are still available at a deep discount.

Last edited:
^ cole haan reflective wingtip. always wanted a pair. going to keep a better lookout now.

should be no surprise that the ugly penny loafers are still available at a deep discount.
Thanks. I imagine they're pretty difficult to come by?

Black 3m & silver 3m :smile:

Anyone got a hookup on a small or medium 3m Olympic jacket? I've been seeing them at tj maxx lately but never in my size.

Finally wore my Vapor Flash for the first time on an 11k run tonight, t'was a cold and windy one. Mine's the original jacket, scored it from the outlets earlier this year. Some quick points:

Positives
-definitely feels solid, no wind getting thru here!
-even from a bit of a distance, oncoming cars clearly started giving their space on the road
-got the attention of my run group (HYPEBEAST, WHAT?!?!)

Negatives, although more like little nitpicks if anything
-the main zipper is kinda in no man's land: zip it up all the way and it's rubbing against my chin, lower it enough to be out of the way and some wind's getting through
-would've liked a drawstring at the bottom, but maybe because my other running jacket has one and I'm accustomed to it
-while I mentioned the construction felt solid, this comes at the expense of breathability. It was cold enough tonight that it was a non-issue, but any warmer and I'd either shed a layer (had a base + long sleeve underneath) or go with a lighter shell altogether

Despite the little "negatives" I mentioned above, overall I still love this damn thing. For reference: I'm 5'10" & 145 lbs, sz M fit well.
And thanks for the tips regarding the washing machine :x Hung it up to air things out, will upkeep with a combination of Febreeze and hand washing.

hey, new guy here.  

question:  why is the allover flash jacket so expensive this time around?  didn't the last one retail at $300 or something?  i ask because I'm wondering what would be a good sale price to pay, as I understand older versions have dropped down to around $100.  With a starting price of $500, how much cheaper will the current version drop to before it sells out?

I have the shield jacket (bottom half is 3M, top is black) and I love it but now I want the full monty.  there is no way in hell im gonna pay close to $500 though.

Hi so up to your questions.

My Nike Trainer said that the older versions had problem with washing. i saw on earlier pages that people upload pictures with increases and something strange with the fabric. In this jacket Nike said that the glass fibers are laminated better on outside the fabric. Also the fabric inside is more comfortable and flexi not like, a foil package.

But you know about the price Nike is crazy !? I remember that the Vapor Flash Jacket was on retail max 350$ , Allover jacket is 500 $. I don't see much differences.

So somebody know where is the Vapor Flash Jacket ??:smile:

@Limak

I tried locating this about a year ago and haven't had any luck. Nike Chat told me that this style has been discontinued so your only chance would be to get it from eBay.

thank you for the reply.  okay so the quality is supposedly better, but still, $500 is rather steep.  for that price I could get a discounted Lanvin or Burberry jacket...  that's why i have such a hard time rationalizing this purchase.  

what is the lowest price you'd think i'd get for the allover flash?  i can be patient but dont wanna miss the opportunity.

@prometheus888 thx a lot. I'm searching ebay and nothing in My size .

@2LookAtMe you're right. The price is too much I can grab the AllOver jacket for 300$ with the discount because I'm working in a Nike store in Europe but I like better the older version. It's reversible and I don't like the yellow zips in Allover :smile:

yah i can get the allover for $300, too, but i want more of a discount.  $300 is almost the full retail price for last year's jacket.  like $200 is perfect price imo.

Has anyone washed the all over jacket? I'm hoping they fixed the issues that the vapor jackets were having when washed.

yah i can get the allover for $300, too, but i want more of a discount.  $300 is almost the full retail price for last year's jacket.  like $200 is perfect price imo.

Wait til it gets a price drop and stack a 20% off from NDC, Eastbay or Richard 's Sporting Goods. The two destroyers I have went from 450 to 200 that way. Can't say if the flash jackets will make it to a price drop, but I've not been following as long as some in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom