For Those Of You With Face Tats, How Successful Are You In The Job Market?

Originally Posted by calibeebee

the only dudes I know with face tats are wanna be rappers. these guys are STRUGGLING to make money. 
Yea same here. The only folks I know with facial tats are either
A. Young
B. Hood dudes

Dudes that probably have never held an honest job in their life.

I only know 1 person with face tats, and he is "about that life", so the job market isn't really in his current plans
he started in HS with a huge neck tat that I tried to talk him out of then after we graduated
he got the tats on his face, dude been in and out of jail since we graduated HS, and that's been a long time.

I'm not a fan of the face or neck tats and the guys I see havin em really don't look their doin it. There's only a few professions that you can get hired in with that %+$ on ur face

A guy I've known since middle school has a few on his face
Him and his brother are now head of a music group...eating real well

thats the only person I know though

I use to wonder this as well OP. I kno 3 dudes with face tats. 2 are tattoo artist. The other was shot in the face and got a tat to cover it up. He is on disability getting a government check for life. Have yet to see anybody in any respectable corporate America position w/face tat that is not a tattoo artist or rapper.

Getting a face is basically saying, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE...

Most of the young generation and generations to come are people of followers that are influenced by the media and paradoxes of reality...

Originally Posted by ricky409

i think y'all spazz on DC cuz its the cool thing to do.

just like saying Wale its trash, ninja hood has small crib, and skinny girls > thick girls.

this is a legitimate topic... stop letting the first reply dictate the direction of the thread, fambs... Smh

as far as folks with face tattoos, what kind of businesses y'all talking about? ?

co-sign. mad annoying. but yeah I have always wondered this myself. the only dudes I know with face tats are wanna be rappers. these guys are STRUGGLING to make money.  That being said it's easy to find a JOB that doesnt mind face tats.  any place with a graveyard shift couldnt care less about a sketchy looking dude working for them.  Its the corporate CAREER part thats hard to get into once the face tats start.
It's not even the corporate career that's hard to get in to....you're SEVERELY handicapping yourself w. a face tat.  Good luck w. most businesses taking you seriously.  I got no issue w. tattoos....but face tats are flat out stupid. 

Crazy_Face_Tattoo.jpg

While I think face tats are not the best idea I really have a problem with employers that try to tell people how they should look. How do tats, dyed hair, piercings or any other form of body adornment effect your job performance? Why do people think because you have any of the afore mentioned you are incapable of doing a professional job? Idiots come in all forms and just because you wear a suit doesn't mean your more intelligent or more capable of performing a job.

A few months ago I came across a chick working the checkout at HEB and she had Tinker Bell tatted on her face. And this was in a upscale area where I thought actions as such would be looked down upon. It's crazy because a couple years back another grocery store was trying to fire my cousin because of the eyebrow piercings she got. Piercings can come off anytime but a tattoo not so much.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

uh no

small businesses are extremely risky and offer low potential for success

majority of small businesses struggle to even stay afloat

for every start up that becomes extremely successful there are hundreds that fail 

I worded it wrong. What I meant to say was that starting your own business is risky, but if you are successful, you're usually extremely successful.

Since so many companies fail, if yours is successful you tend to net a ton of money.

The problem is that to become a success, you have to cooperate with people who have money or are very intelligent. As of right now face tats are a taboo and the likelihood of those people to discriminate you based upon your face tats is very high which means the more likely your business will fail.

people gunna do what they want to do..id just suggest getting the job THEN getting the face tat..wouldn't that get the office talking..dude been there 10+ years comes in one day with a day of the dead skull tatted on his face 
roll.gif
. I work in a steel mill they could care less what kinda tats you got as long as you can handle the work

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

people with a lot of tats or face tats usually run their own business...you do what you want 

This reminded me of this one NTer's sig. Here is what it was:

"In explanation of his large number of tattoos Travis has said, "I tattooed my body so I couldn't fall back on anything. I purposely did that so I couldn't get a normal job and live a normal life. I did it so I had to play music.""

I thought that was a really interesting and respectable idea.

I agree with you...its all or nothing with that mentality

I know dudes with em and there fine...... It all depends in the person....If that's what dudes want, go for it .... U only live once ! People in this world don't except other people for a whole lot of other reasons nowadays...if not the tat, it would be some other bull$&@"....

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

people with a lot of tats or face tats usually run their own business...you do what you want 

This reminded me of this one NTer's sig. Here is what it was:

"In explanation of his large number of tattoos Travis has said, "I tattooed my body so I couldn't fall back on anything. I purposely did that so I couldn't get a normal job and live a normal life. I did it so I had to play music.""

I thought that was a really interesting and respectable idea.
that's probably the most naive or ridiculous reason for getting tattooed.

I have the Ecko logo tattooed on my face (gets me 20% off for life at Ecko) and I have a job at Jackson Securities doing investment banking.

Only people iv seen working with face tats around here work at the gas station on the overnight shift.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I have the Ecko logo tattooed on my face (gets me 20% off for life at Ecko) and I have a job at Jackson Securities doing investment banking.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

i think y'all spazz on DC cuz its the cool thing to do.

just like saying Wale its trash, ninja hood has small crib, and skinny girls > thick girls.

this is a legitimate topic... stop letting the first reply dictate the direction of the thread, fambs... Smh

as far as folks with face tattoos, what kind of businesses y'all talking about? ?

co-sign. mad annoying. but yeah I have always wondered this myself. the only dudes I know with face tats are wanna be rappers. these guys are STRUGGLING to make money.  That being said it's easy to find a JOB that doesnt mind face tats.  any place with a graveyard shift couldnt care less about a sketchy looking dude working for them.  Its the corporate CAREER part thats hard to get into once the face tats start.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

not sure if serious

Back
Top Bottom