For Those Of You With Face Tats, How Successful Are You In The Job Market?

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

people with a lot of tats or face tats usually run their own business...you do what you want 

This reminded me of this one NTer's sig. Here is what it was:

"In explanation of his large number of tattoos Travis has said, "I tattooed my body so I couldn't fall back on anything. I purposely did that so I couldn't get a normal job and live a normal life. I did it so I had to play music.""

I thought that was a really interesting and respectable idea.

Respect.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I only know 1 person with face tats, and he is "about that life", so the job market isn't really in his current plans
he started in HS with a huge neck tat that I tried to talk him out of then after we graduated
he got the tats on his face, dude been in and out of jail since we graduated HS, and that's been a long time.

my boy bout that life
264372_174452219281827_100001511510985_432464_5635638_n.jpg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by calibeebee

the only dudes I know with face tats are wanna be rappers. these guys are STRUGGLING to make money
Yea same here. The only folks I know with facial tats are either
A. Young
B. Hood dudes

Dudes that probably have never held an honest job in their life.

so true, although my dudes have been stayin outta trouble since they started their music thing tho.

I work in the chemistry lab in my university, and during the hiring process there were several fellow students who were interviewed. According to my supervisor, any student with dyed hair, facial piercings, or "excessive" tattoos (face/neck/arms) were never considered serious candidates. Even for a job as insignificant as a chem worker, the tattoos put you at a disadvantage if not totally disqualify you. It is just how things are

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I work in the chemistry lab in my university, and during the hiring process there were several fellow students who were interviewed. According to my supervisor, any student with dyed hair, facial piercings, or "excessive" tattoos (face/neck/arms) were never considered serious candidates. Even for a job as insignificant as a chem worker, the tattoos put you at a disadvantage if not totally disqualify you. It is just how things are

how would it be for stretched ear lobes? currently all of my tattoos can be easily covered.

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

how would it be for stretched ear lobes? currently all of my tattoos can be easily covered.
wouldnt be a good look unfortunately 

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

While I think face tats are not the best idea I really have a problem with employers that try to tell people how they should look. How do tats, dyed hair, piercings or any other form of body adornment effect your job performance? Why do people think because you have any of the afore mentioned you are incapable of doing a professional job? Idiots come in all forms and just because you wear a suit doesn't mean your more intelligent or more capable of performing a job.

we live in a screwed up world.
Does thumb man have a tattoo that says "tattoo"? the hell

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I have the Ecko logo tattooed on my face (gets me 20% off for life at Ecko) and I have a job at Jackson Securities doing investment banking.

not sure if serious

Trying to figure that out as well...

Originally Posted by Pushak513

people gunna do what they want to do..id just suggest getting the job THEN getting the face tat..wouldn't that get the office talking..dude been there 10+ years comes in one day with a day of the dead skull tatted on his face 
roll.gif
. I work in a steel mill they could care less what kinda tats you got as long as you can handle the work

oh man the visual
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont get when people say they dont know or even see people all the time with face tats.. do you do everything in your power to stay in upper class neighborhoods?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Pushak513

people gunna do what they want to do..id just suggest getting the job THEN getting the face tat..wouldn't that get the office talking..dude been there 10+ years comes in one day with a day of the dead skull tatted on his face 
roll.gif
. I work in a steel mill they could care less what kinda tats you got as long as you can handle the work

oh man the visual
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont get when people say they dont know or even see people all the time with face tats..
do you do everything in your power to stay in upper class neighborhoods?
And you're making it seem like they're common...are face-tats strictly limited to those in a poor socioeconomic setting, because you're clearly insinuating that if you live in an upper-class neighborhood you won't see them?....there's one dude at my gym w. something tatted on his cheek and that's probably the one person who I can remember off-hand w. a face tat. 

This chick that works in the same building as me but different company has a heart tattoo on her check....i see her in the elevator every now and then one day i notice the tattoo....i go i didn't notice that before she says oh yea i just got it partied way too much didn't even know what i was doing(not good looking).....she works for a law firm, got the tat a year ago.....i think if you're confident at your job that your value is great to the firm you can get away with it......but when this chick is an unemployed receptionist how is she going to get the job over an equally qualified person....that line of work she wouldn't get the job, sure now shes still at her current job because i'm sure they are thinking well she knows everything no need to train someone else...........i think its something you get away with the arts, trades line of work.....but again will the hiring manager hire you with face tats over someone without, i doubt it unless you're great at what you do and dont have many people on your level.

I know one person with facial tats. Let's just say he is a spoiled rich kid, that has dreads now, wants to be a rapper, and
is claiming blood. 
indifferent.gif

He grew up in Alexandria, and now lives in Montgomery Co.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I know one person with facial tats. Let's just say he is a spoiled rich kid, that has dreads now, wants to be a rapper, and
is claiming blood. 
indifferent.gif

He grew up in Alexandria, and now lives in Montgomery Co.
laugh.gif
Yo, if you talking bout the same person I think I may have went to high school with this fool 
laugh.gif

no face tat but I have one of my moms name on my neck pretty small, and a couple on my arms and I work in a hospital about to be a surgical tech

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

wouldnt be a good look unfortunately 
hmm, i'm working my way towards becoming an architect dunno how it would be but as of now my ears aren't stretched too big.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Getting a face is basically saying, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE...

Most of the young generation and generations to come are people of followers that are influenced by the media and paradoxes of reality...

co-sign

Face tattoos are one of the dumbest fads in a loooong time.

It wasnt that long ago that Mike did this

Everybody and they mama thought Mike had lost his damn mind. I guess in 8 years anything can become popular.
eyes.gif

bump this thread...

i want to know folks views on facetats...

i personally have no tats, and really think i'm in the minority...

dont know too many black athletes born from 82-92 that dont have any tattoos.

??

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

people with a lot of tats or face tats usually run their own business...you do what you want 

This reminded me of this one NTer's sig. Here is what it was:

"In explanation of his large number of tattoos Travis has said, "I tattooed my body so I couldn't fall back on anything. I purposely did that so I couldn't get a normal job and live a normal life. I did it so I had to play music.""

I thought that was a really interesting and respectable idea.
Very interesting. Never heard it put that way but it makes a lot of sense, and apparently worked.
Don't know anyone with a facial tattoo, nor have I seen anyone in passing with one in a "professional" setting. My guess is people with face tattoos aren't all that successful when it comes to looking for a traditional form of employment. But they probably aren't interested in a traditional job, though. 

Originally Posted by ricky409

bump this thread...

i want to know folks views on facetats...

i personally have no tats, and really think i'm in the minority...

dont know too many black athletes born from 82-92 that dont have any tattoos.

??

Yeah I don't have any tats, but I'm not against them. Some tats are dope as hell. 

this chick i know wants a dragon tattoo on her face
30t6p3b.gif

she wants to go to beauty school, so i asked what she thought customers would think IF/when she got a job at a salon..

she shrugged... only 18 btw

facepalm.jpg

This is a legit topic. I just think a bunch of lames are so used to clowning topics that they just do it before they even read the links.
I don't know too many people with face tattoos anyway.

Back
Top Bottom