Former St. John's Stars appreciation post Vol. Chris Mullin, Ron Artest, Mark Jackson,...

lol...Im on staten island campus true...

.I know Missere man tho, dude is somethin else...He's Sports Management Dean (I believe he holds that title for Queens also) but his office is located outthere I know...Had him for a class my freshman year...Dude STAYS on the move...took me like 3 weeks to track him down to get him to sign off on my internshipat msg...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

::sigh:: ...I got one year left mann...I had to mess around and come during arguably the programs worst 4 years...smh... As for facilities...I forgot who I was talking to (either one of my professors, or somebody from NT, cant remember)...and we were talking about the lack of sju's upgrades so to speak and they mentioned that carneseca is like the only big time university around that still has wood benches for their players (what is this elementary school?)...little things like that man...

I haven't been over to the new athletic building that they have on campus, but let me tell you about how much the facilities were a joke when I was there...

-my first year, the STUDENT weightroom was in the UC. It was about 25 yards long and about 15 yards wide.

-The athlete weightroom in alumni was a joke. It was no bigger than a normal 4th grade classroom. There were hardly enough free weights and machines...

-The cardio room for athletes was no bigger.

-When they built the "new" student gym on the side of alumni, that was about 5x larger than what the athletes had to use.

The facilities were a joke. I just don't see how they could lure ANYONE to come to the school. And like you said, 70% or more of the fans who go to MSG are from other schools...forget about it when UConn comes to town....they flat-out take over the Garden.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Nowadays we have Taffner Fieldhouse right across from Carnasecca

And the weight room is in the basement of Carnasecca

True...what year are you in?...

Next time you hit up the Garden for SJU or the Knicks, get at me...I'll probably be workin the game...

Back
Top Bottom