Fox announces X-Files revival... Vol. I Want to Believe...

LOL man the dialogue is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHEESY

but its a fox/network TV show show so im not surprised, can yall imagine what an x-files reboot with AMC production/writers would be like :nerd:

fox so goddamn watered down lol even their x-men movies are weak :smh:

Last edited:
Agent Einstein was weird looking

I enjoyed the episode tho

Especially when Mulder took the pills :lol:

Einstein looked very familiar, but after checking out her IMDb, I never watched any of her shows.  Go figure.

I wonder if this will be their back-door pilot to a reboot with new agents?

LOL @ Mulder's power  of suggestion trip. 

babylon was probably the worst episode I have ever seen....ohh man lol

they might have completely tainted the whole mini series with that garbage :smh:

so dissapointed, not even really looking towards the finale now.

man, there was so much potential with this mini series.

I guess the only problem I had with it was that it mixed serious w/ humor... the whole Mulder-trip, while would have worked in a comedic episode, threw me off a bit. 

Not surprised that my least favorite episodes of the mini-series are written and/or directed by Chris Carter. I wish James Wong, the Morgan brothers, and Vince Gilligan wrote all 6 rather than Carter writing half of the episodes.

If I had to grade this mini-series it would be a B-.

The 6 episodes were ultimately the downfall of the return. Trying to fit all the themes from the original 9 season run into 6 hours had the series feeling disjointed.

Episodes 2 and 3 had me feeling very optimistic, it felt like classic X-Files, but the the mythology and episodes 4 and 5 were missing the heart.

Also the "finale". How are you going to change the opening tagline of The Truth is Out There to This is the End and leave the episode on a cliffhanger? Classic Chris Carter right there :smh:

Last night was such a cock tease. The whole 6 part series should've been on that conspiracy.

LMAO this "mini-series" was horrible

If I had to grade this mini-series it would be a Z-.

Dude from the writing, corny zingers, bad casting, mixed between all the random **** thats going on.....this was a cluster ****.

The pace of the shows were too fast too, had that generic NCIS/Law and order feel....the overly cheesy background music, dramatic zoom ins/camera angles....just wrong man.

This **** is rocky V status man, this **** doesn't even count to me.

as an avid x-files fan, IM PISSED.

I was reading an article the other day saying that FOX is interested in renewing the series for another "season" but Gillian Anderson and Dave Duchovny are not biting....and after seeing these 6 episodes I understand why.

the were-monster was easily the best episode and that aint saying much....

wow fox strikes again.

I think they're gonna try it with Agent Einstein and the other guy.

Both of them are cheap knockoffs of Molder and Scully.

Im sorry, but the name "Agent Einstein" is soo uninspired :smh:

The 6 episodes were ultimately the downfall of the return. Trying to fit all the themes from the original 9 season run into 6 hours had the series feeling disjointed.
Completely agree there.  I keep saying this, but 6 is still little for a "reboot" especially given how there are so many sides to The X-Files... conspiracy, serious MOTW, comedic MOTW, etc... plus there was too little use of Skinner and CSM, IMO.  But understandable given only conspiracy 2 episodes.

Overall, while I enjoyed the reboot, it did end a bit weak.  Weakest episode out of the 6.  Oh well... keeps the door open for more.
The whole 6 part series should've been on that conspiracy.
They couldn't though... so many of the best-episodes were MOTW.  It wouldn't have been in the spirit  of the show. 

Im sorry, but the name "Agent Einstein" is soo uninspired
mean.gif
I can't stand her.  I get that she's trying to be the "rational" one, but she just comes off as annoying.  

As a fan of the original series, until it got off track toward the end, I think this mini-series, especially the conspiracy stuff was lazy and the goofy episodes not dealing with the conspiracy were pure filler.

In the years after X-Files originally aired, I looked into various conspiracy theories. I'm sure a lot of the fans did. I felt like all this show did was take a few of them, not dig deep and then wrote a story on some surface bs that they thought would appeal to everyone. But in an age where we can all dig deeper with a few mouse clicks, some discernment and some focus, this comeback felt like a quick scrolling through headlines and first paragraphs of the bigger name conspiracy sites. And most of that is obviously backed by big money to keep us focused on the wrong thing and get ridiculed if you ever bring it up in a serious discussion.

I should've known better. I wasn't looking for answers about anything real in this show, but I did at least expect some fresh ideas. The whole aliens and illuminati thing have become goofy when that's the entire scope of a person's thoughts on "the truth". The alien DNA thing could've gone so many ways, but the fact that they made it a bad thing is pitiful. But that's a whole other topic. I'm good on the show moving forward. I was honestly hoping that triangle was gonna blow them up. That's how it should end. Set that garbage on fire.

Im sorry, but the name "Agent Einstein" is soo uninspired :smh:

They better not. Nobody will watch that. Either they bring back Gillian and David or I dont care anymore.
I've enjoyed these 6 episodes but you could tell their hearts werent in it. It was just a paycheck to them. |I

Last edited:
That ending was some trash :smh:

As bad as some of the "mini-series" was... it was still dope seeing the show again

Our TV network here will start airing "20 essential episodes selected by Chris Carter" this week.  

Pretty excited to see which 20 it'll be... all in glorious HD too! 

Maybe there's a list out there already, but I look forward to finding out one by one. [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Last edited:
just finished up the last few, series was :pimp:
that ending :wow:

Last edited:
Finished this a couple weeks ago... Didn't even want to comment... Such a sour taste... X-Files is my GOAT too :smh:...

Back
Top Bottom