Fox announces X-Files revival... Vol. I Want to Believe...

Watched the first 2 episodes.  Just couldn't get back into it.  LIked how they summed up everything in the first episode though.  Helped to catch people up.

Will not be surprised once the 6 episodes end that the stand alone episodes will be my favorites. The mythology is like a ball of yarn at this point. Chris Carter did try to retcon it the best he can with episode one saying it was the government the entire time but at this point I think that story arc has sailed.

Looking forward to Monday though!

Why do I get the feeling that tomorrow's episode, Home Again, has nothing to do with the Peacocks?  Welp. 

You'll appreciate this P... Watching the X-Files this season is how I would always watch new episodes of Top Gear... Attentively and no where near my phone :lol:...

Some shows I just leave on and surf at the same time, but no... not The X-Files! [emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I wonder if we'll get to know what happened to William.

Watching episode 3 now.

Is this a flash back or did they just put everything on hold for this 
laugh.gif

Some shows I just leave on and surf at the same time, but no... not The X-Files! [emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I wonder if we'll get to know what happened to William.

My guess is they've filmed 2 versions of episode 6... 1 if this is actually it, and will explain everything... Another if there will be a demand for a season 11 and everyone is up for it, and then build it up for next year....

I'm sure you know my opinions on these matters :lol:...

The problem with a 6-episode 'reboot', is that they tried to squeeze the essence of the series into 6 episodes.  2 mythology and 4 MOTW, which also included serious and comedic episodes.  Tough to pull off cuz it could feel a bit all-over-the-place.  If S11 does happen, hopefully it'll be a few more episodes to spread things out.  And no more exposition stuff to, which took up an episode.  

10-12 seems reasonable... but I guess it comes down to everyone's schedule, especially GA's, as she lives in the UK now... plus she's got The Fall there.  Hope they figure something out, cuz from their press-tour, it looked like they genuinely enjoyed doing it again. 

Trash man dude was mad creepy. His murder game is 
sick.gif
My favorite episode so far.

But I'm still confused.

The first 2 episodes felt like this was gonna work like a continued story like most mini series.

Then episodes 2-3 stand alone.

Maybe I need to go back and watch episode 2 because I'm confused on how they went from being knee deep in government conspiracy to actually working for the government again
laugh.gif

Did they just say F the twins and the talk show host?  

Am I the only one who didn't like episode 3?

Besides the Scully stuff I thought it was bad

E2 wasn't tied to E1 plot-wise.  E1 was basically there to reopen the X-Files... with Skinner contacting Mulder via Scully and having them meet that talk-show guy.  It was after that when Mulder figured out that the gov's been lying to them all along and that he and Scully were back in the FBI... a bit of a stretch, I know.  But anyway...

E2 was the start of Mulder and Scully "back to work"... a MOTW episode, being the twins.  The twins got away at the end, so there wasn't any closure, but that's not uncommon in the X-Files world.  

E6 will going back to the conspiracy... continuing the plot of E1... bookending this season. 

E6 will going back to the conspiracy... continuing the plot of E1... bookending this season. 
Conspiracy starts back up with "Babylon", episode five.  It's gonna deal with domestic terrorism.

Last edited:
Conspiracy starts back up with "Babylon", episode five.  It's gonna deal with domestic terrorism.
Oh really?  Interesting.  I wonder if that's when we'll see the Lone Gunmen... in one form or another... 

Back
Top Bottom