Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Bruh...in what planet? Dude didn't even win the MTV movie award for best villain...the hell you talmbout?...

SMH, the disrespect to cool Colossus. I wonder who else was cheap they could've got.

For the amount of money they had to work with, the writers did great.

The studio slashed 7 million from the budget at the last minute, days before it was supposed to be green lit and they were able to cut 10 percent of their script and make it work. Dedicated Deadpool fans, the writers were.

And a lead that truly loves the character....RR has been on full DP mode since last year....incredible dedication and love.

It's going to be interesting where they can go with the sequel.

Studio might be inclined to increase the budget, but with the increased budget there might be more pressure to make the movie pg 13 to recoup money.

But the r rating is a big part of what makes Deadpool great :nerd:

Bruh...in what planet? Dude didn't even win the MTV movie award for best villain...the hell you talmbout?...
I don't think you are aware of how many awards Spider-Man 2 actually won...including an Oscar for Dr. Octavius. And Alfred Molina was nominated as Best Villain that year, for the MTV Movie Awards.

Last edited:
Single film villains have all been lackluster...only villains or even antagonists making waves are ones that stick around through multiple films....villains have always fallen short in CBMs

I don't think you are aware of how many awards Spider-Man 2 actually won...including an Oscar for Dr. Octavius. And Alfred Molina was nominated as Best Villain that year, for the MTV Movie Awards.

What are you talking about? spiderman2 won 1 academy award and was nominated for two others and none off the strength of its actors :lol:

Single film villains have all been lackluster...only villains or even antagonists making waves are ones that stick around through multiple films....villains have always fallen short in CBMs
Dude, I named three villains without gerrymandering my responses. You keep calling Magneto an antagonist.  Magneto is in fact a VILLAIN. 

Dude, I named three villains without gerrymandering my responses. You keep calling Magneto an antagonist.  Magneto is in fact a VILLAIN. 

View media item 1908489

Stop it fam, in nearly every film Magneto has played both roles....he's like able because of his inner struggle, he's complex, not some mustache twisting villain, he's an antagonist, not a villain.

What are you talking about? spiderman2 won 1 academy award and was nominated for two others and none off the strength of its actors
laugh.gif

He didn't win an Oscar for SM2
Alfred Molina won a Satellite award and a Saturn award for Spider-man 2. No Oscar, Hombre.
Where did I ever say Alfred Monlina won an Oscar? I said production won an Oscar for Dr. Octavius, Visual Effects if we're being pedantic.

@ksteezy  loves framing conversations through misinformation, I never said Deadpool is the type of film that's considered for an Oscar to begin with. I just used the award to emphasize the inaccuracies in the way hyper-stimulated bandwagoners rate films.

I guess there's a key word missing there playboi

Last edited:
Where did I ever say Alfred Monlina won an Oscar? I said production won an Oscar for Dr. Octavius, Visual Effects if we're being pedantic.

@ksteezy
 loves framing conversations through misinformation, I never said Deadpool is the type of film that's considered for an Oscar to begin with. I just used the award to emphasize the inaccuracies in the way hyper-stimulated bandwagoners rate films.

The movie won an Oscar for its visual effects, NOT anything to do with the actual character, is like you saying DP gets an Oscar for Visual effects and you credit Colossus...

We over here arguing memorable villains, you bring up Doc Oc and back it up with a supposed Academy award as if I'm stupid :lol:

And we never rated any CBM based off their Oscar Worthynes because we are well aware these films are never Oscar material...doesn't mean they suck at all....but in the context of what they are there isn't many films standing next to it in this genre.

I'll wait for you to bring up ANY memorable villain besides Bucky and Loki.

Are these not your words?  You're the type of person who puts sugar on a bagel and calls it a doughnut. Not me.
Then you gerrymandered the meaning of "villain" after you realized you spoke too soon and forgot about Magneto.

“If I’m playing the villain, I always stick up for him,” said the Oscar-nominated heavyweight, who brings humanity to morally complex roles in both “X-Men 3".  -  Ian McKellen

“What links them all is some passionate need inside linked with some psychological inadequacy that if you don’t understand, youmight foolishly dismiss — just as people have dismissed actual villains, like Hitler and Saddam Hussein, as being ’evil.’ That doesn’t explain a thing. The interesting thing about Hitler is not that he was evil; it’s why he did dreadful things. Find out why, and you’ll change the world,” - Ian McKellen

laugh.gif
...you can't take being corrected, so I'm sure you're gonna convince us, somehow the star of the role is wrong too. He's an antagonist, because you need to be right.

Last edited:
One of my favorite parts, was when they introduced BOB. That put a huge smile on my face, but will they use him more since Fox doesn't have those rights to hydra?

Bob from hydra and the DMX song nod to X-men/possibly weapon X were also awesome.

I think for the most part we can all agree that the movie was awesome. Outside of the language which at some points got distracting (and isn't anything like the comics) the movie was great. Most of the funniest content from the movie didn't even involve any gratuitous language; just clever writing and charisma from the cast.

Just glad that Fox took the risk on a project like this and with its imminent success I hope we so progression of wade's character/integration in possible X-men/X-force movies

Caught it this afternoon with my pops.

Kinda awkward :lol:. Didn't expect that sex montage. I really liked the movie though. My dad? Not so much...

I might go see it again tonight with a couple of my boys just cause one of em is back in town.

Back
Top Bottom