Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Very good movie. Really set a high bar for upcoming superhero flicks. Loved the performances, story, characters (finally some justice for Colossus), editing and of course the humor. I really thought that breaking the fourth wall would get old, but it was done very well. You would think a rated-R film comic book film would be for a specific audience, but Deadpool had everything; action, comedy, gore, romance, etc... Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, it had one of the better post-credit scenes. Can't wait for the sequel. Don't f*ck it up Fox.

Ive been seeing some people say that this film has raised the bar or something along the lines, but I disagree. Everything was mostly great, but the story was just ok. I don't think we'll see an influx of rated r superhero movies because of this

Everyone pretty much agrees the story is as generic as it gets but I think just the way the film had low budget and just went balls out and was widely accepted is the way they set the bar.

It's been reported that the next Wolverine might be Rated-R now and wouldn't be surprised if other studios takes risks, Lobo seems perfect for an R-Rated film (and that is pretty much a big bulk of CBMs). I don't see Marvel/Disney releasing any R's at all but DC and Fox (and maybe Sony?) might just be able to take that gamble after Deadpools success.

Deadpool made another $55m this week and closing in on $500m worldwide. Curious where it will end up at, $500m already surpassed expectations but ~$700m-$800m will just be insane.

Last edited:
Watched it yesterday, I thought the movie was dope, story was cool and the humor was witty. Didn't like how they used Colossus, but it wasn't about him. Really good to see a rated R comic movie being this well received.

:smh: @ the idiots who thought it was a good idea to bring children to see this movie.

disney needs to grow a pair and give us a punisher cap america buddy cop movie 

I think they're pretty much doing a DD/Punisher version for Netflix instead, which is pretty much their "R" take on comic books, which isn't a bad way to go at all.

I think they're pretty much doing a DD/Punisher version for Netflix instead, which is pretty much their "R" take on comic books, which isn't a bad way to go at all.
but DD is not cap 
ohwell.gif

perfect story arc: bucky is trying to be a hero, but all he knows is cold blooded killing. cap is on one side encouraging him to be a hero while punisher is in his other ear telling him to stop being soft

Everyone pretty much agrees the story is as generic as it gets but I think just the way the film had low budget and just went balls out and was widely accepted is the way they set the bar.

It's been reported that the next Wolverine might be Rated-R now and wouldn't be surprised if other studios takes risks, Lobo seems perfect for an R-Rated film (and that is pretty much a big bulk of CBMs). I don't see Marvel/Disney releasing any R's at all but DC and Fox (and maybe Sony?) might just be able to take that gamble after Deadpools success.

Deadpool made another $55m this week and closing in on $500m worldwide. Curious where it will end up at, $500m already surpassed expectations but ~$700m-$800m will just be insane.

I mean I get you. I feel like TDK and Avengers was game changing, while DP may start a small trend of a few r rated cbms.

I don't think all CBMs going to go the R route but they'll definitely be more open to it now, who know but maybe Suicide Squad might have been an R if Deadpool released and was just as successful 2-3 years ago?

I think many also say it's a game changer just because of how different it is and maybe those guys just didn't know Deadpool enough that they also do not recognize that it only works for this character?

I watched FC and DOFP. Enjoyed both of them very much :pimp: Big fan of Magneto in FC (and in general). Also was really cool to see Professor X pre-wheelchair. Dude was a boss, when he got shot at the end and read Mystiques mind for the first time. Knew that she loved Magneto and wanted to go with him as he's laying there paralyzed. Feels :frown:

Who was the guy that looked like the devil and could teleport? That dude was a seriously scary and bad *** villain. Just teleporting people hundreds of feet up in the air and dropping them. He seemed so OP.

Last edited:
I don't think all CBMs going to go the R route but they'll definitely be more open to it now, who know but maybe Suicide Squad might have been an R if Deadpool released and was just as successful 2-3 years ago?

I think many also say it's a game changer just because of how different it is and maybe those guys just didn't know Deadpool enough that they also do not recognize that it only works for this character?
yea.. not counting graphic novels,very few of the DC or marvel characters would really work as R rated movies

batman probably being the biggest name of that group (more blood and language probably would have put Nolan's movies to R)

not just the R content but just breaking the fourth wall being an action-comedy, we really haven't seen that. A pure action-comedy CBM could work for other properties (Plastic-Man :lol: ) but breaking the 4th wall is strictly a Deadpool thing that many may not realize only works for him.

I can't think of many characters that would need R ratings. Maybe Blade and punisher. They have netflix for the edgy, sexual mature content stuff like on Jessica Jones. I'm always down for some cool, awesome violence. The dropping of a bunch of f-word bombs and other expletives is something I don't need to be entertained.

but DD is not cap :\

perfect story arc: bucky is trying to be a hero, but all he knows is cold blooded killing. cap is on one side encouraging him to be a hero while punisher is in his other ear telling him to stop being soft
The Punisher doesn't look for allies or looks to convert ppl to his side.

He doesn't even mess with Cap like that. I see where you're going with the suggested premise but doubt it'd get mixed with a symbol like Captain America regardless of how topical it is.

DP mainly has given hope to indie comics being adapted that have that rated R content like Spawn.

The Blades, Ghost Riders, etc. probably wont' get movies again but netflix shows if we're talking Marvel.

She wouldn't even get naked on true blood, one of the most naked shows on tv. How am I supposed to believe a vampire would have sex with a top on? At this point i'd rather see the bash brother's curvy blonde bootycall naked.

I watched FC and DOFP. Enjoyed both of them very much :pimp: Big fan of Magneto in FC (and in general). Also was really cool to see Professor X pre-wheelchair. Dude was a boss, when he got shot at the end and read Mystiques mind for the first time. Knew that she loved Magneto and wanted to go with him as he's laying there paralyzed. Feels :frown:

Who was the guy that looked like the devil and could teleport? That dude was a seriously scary and bad *** villain. Just teleporting people hundreds of feet up in the air and dropping them. He seemed so OP.

Nightcrawler's pops. He and Mystique smashed.

Back
Top Bottom