Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
DP mainly has given hope to indie comics being adapted that have that rated R content like Spawn.

The Blades, Ghost Riders, etc. probably wont' get movies again but netflix shows if we're talking Marvel.
sad thing is, there are graphic novels that had succeeded with pretty heavy content that should have already given studios that kind of idea (300, sin city.. even got kick*** and kingsman.. even blade and hellboy weren't exactly cream puff stuff)

you just cant go in with the mindset "it's just a 'comic book movie'" or "it's just a video game movie" thinking that you can get by on subpar content (excluding the obvious examples of Michael bay's contributions)

but if you respect the source material and actually try to make good films, there is quality stuff there too be made with built in fans

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't want to bring that up cuz it's clear ppl want to really give DP this credit and it's obviously more superhero oriented even though he's an anti-hero.

There's been plenty other comic book adaptions that should have opened Hollywood's eyes to more MA/rated R content being a success if done right but the ppl in charge are dumb and don't really know what they're doing as far as predicting what they think will work.

Last edited:
I'm really just hoping fox learns their lesson.. cuz their batting avg. is extremely poor right now

When I think about it more, if the next Wolverine movie is really more like Old Man Logan then his partner instead of Hawkeye should be that more insane future Deadpool teaming up with him. They do have a closer relationship.

Could at least guarantee the movie is a success box office wise.

I feel Omega Red is like one of those characters that is liked because he looks cool and a few fans love without really knowing much about the character. Similar to Gambit, I only really like him in the animated show but I haven't heard and great comics for him. With Omega Red, seems like dude wasn't even in comics for too long before they got rid of him?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him but really only know him from his interactions with Wolverine on the animated show as well.

That's the thing, I doubt they'll do it right. They already confirmed Sir Patrick is in it so that's already odd. They'll probably put Sabertooth in the Hulk role.

There's just been so many sobby Wolverine stories in the films. X-2 he's crying over Jean. X-3 he's crying over Jean. Origins he's crying over Silverfox. Now he's gonna be crying over his family. Give it a damn break!

I rather have a Rated-R version of the Hulk vs Wolverine movie. Send him out to have find Wolfsbane instead of Hulk and have Sabertooth, Deadpool and Omega Red out to take him down. Make it real bloody

I feel Omega Red is like one of those characters that is liked because he looks cool and a few fans love without really knowing much about the character. Similar to Gambit, I only really like him in the animated show but I haven't heard and great comics for him. With Omega Red, seems like dude wasn't even in comics for too long before they got rid of him?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him but really only know him from his interactions with Wolverine on the animated show as well.

Eh Gambit is a main character on the animated show. Omega Red is 1-2 episodes.

There really are none.

X-Men has the luck and downfall of having a really liked cartoon while in the 90s the comics were covering other **** during the time. It wasn't the best time to be like I really liked that ep with Omega Red, Storm, Wolverine, and the submarine so what comics should I read? Omega Red really wasn't involved in any classic stories or even really good ones. He just looked cool and a had cool power set for a villain. I vaguely remember some other stuff with him being a Wolverine villain where they fought each other back during the Cold War in Nicaragua or Cuba or some other conflict.

Gambit's different though. Comics tried to push him crazy hard. It was slightly due to his look and attitude but it worked and only recently stopped in the 2000s.

If Omega Red made it as a main villain in a movie that's where he'd be making his real first impression and he'd mainly be judged off that from then on. Similar to GotG.

Last edited:
I think they can get away with a R-Rated Gambit origin story, if they go with Assassins vs Thieves route. I'd also like to see Mr Sinister, before he surpressed Gambit powers before he joined the X-Men. Gambit has a dark history, a lot of people don't know too much about unless you really followed his comics.

I'm still wondering how out of all the actors out there, they chose tatum for the role. If he doesn't have a mullet and his accent isn't good, movie eon't even be worth the effort for me to try and find a way to watch it.

I think they can get away with a R-Rated Gambit origin story, if they go with Assassins vs Thieves route. I'd also like to see Mr Sinister, before he surpressed Gambit powers before he joined the X-Men. Gambit has a dark history, a lot of people don't know too much about unless you really followed his comics.
Never did like that Mutant Massacre reveal.

Doubt they'd do all of omega level potential alt reality Gambit stuff. So I hope they really flesh out the Thieves and Assassins guild going at it.
I'm still wondering how out of all the actors out there, they chose tatum for the role. If he doesn't have a mullet and his accent isn't good, movie eon't even be worth the effort for me to try and find a way to watch it.
If you check The Hateful 8 he's practicing his southern/Norleans accent a bit. Not bad but should be better since he's from there but I assume the character in TH8 didn't have a thick accent.

Well he's been lobbying for it for years. He's from New Orleans too

Plus Tatum is a big name actor and I do think his acting is a bit underrated. He proved he is funnier than most expect in the 21 Jump Street and he proved he can act better than most expected in FoxCatcher.

Tatum seems perfect for a big summer blockbuster film like that and he actually has the look. I think he'll do fine as Gambit.

I'd rather see someone less famous as gambit. Surprised they're giving him a solo movie first instead of establishing him as a member of the xmen. I guess there's not much of a team left anyway.

He was already in Origins and that was bad and they keep denying he isn't in Apocalypse but that is still months away and they could easily shoot a cameo with him if they wanted so I wouldn't be surprised if he is in it in some way.

Plus come on, I thought everyone wants every studio to copy Marvel of origins movie first then ensemble?

Back
Top Bottom