Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
It doesn't really matter how they do the reveal though. Fox doing a 'reveal' with Wolverine at the end of this trailer doesn't really mean anything because Wolverine is in every movie. Like, who cares? I was actually hoping we didn't see Wolverine for once. :lol:

It means something to a lot of folks. Hugh/Wolverine is their RDJ/Iron Man as their guarantee to coupe as much money as possible. Look at the numbers for MCU's films without RDJ and then look at their numbers with RDJ. They're just maximizing profit.

Besides the first film understandably, the lowest grossing film has been First Class. Although Wolverine had a really brief cameo, it wasn't in trailers and most didn't know heading into the movie. I'm sure there's plenty of people who didn't care for seeing Apocalypse until they just seen Wolverine. For whatever numbers it does, I'm certain it would've done less without the inclusion of Wolverine.

If RDJ's Iron Man was in every single Marvel movie through its first 15 years and they decide to show him at the last minute as a reveal for a movie in 2023 I would give that move the :stoneface: too

The reveal could've been literally anything else and it would've gotten me more excited

ej. Channing as Gambit. Or Apocalypse's final form. Maybe Fox's version of Scarlet Witch. Maybe new costumes that are super close to the comic versions? dk, anything but Wolverine :lol:

You're right that showing Wolverine would bring in more viewers but as a reveal it's incredibly anti-climactic. Could've just shown bits of him from trailer 1 because it'd make no difference when they make the reveal. It's not like a last second reveal is going to light youtube on fire like Spider-Man did.

Last edited:
Popularity has nothing to do with it. He could be the most popular character of all time and I'd feel the same way.

And as for the costumes...Tdogg, you're really ok with almost no real change? Lol it's like a car manufacturer that doesn't change the body of their models every 7 years. Imagine buying a car in 2005. It's cool and all but it would be super played out and outrageous if the 2020 model looks exactly the same.

Last edited:
Popularity has nothing to do with it. He could be the most popular character of all time and I'd feel the same way.
And as for the costumes...Tdogg, you're really ok with almost no real change? Lol it's like a car manufacturer that doesn't change the body of their models every 7 years. Imagine buying a car in 2005. It's cool and all but it would be super played out and outrageous if the 2020 model looks exactly the same.
again Ive never expected much out of costumes. i like the tactical gear look to be honest. as long as they have their original powers i could care less if they're wearing spandex or football pads.

Was just in the comic shop today talking to the owner about how we gotta see the colorful blue and yellow on screen at least once. As well as everyone's respective costumes/looks. They killed it with the look of the X-Men in deadpool.

Was just in the comic shop today talking to the owner about how we gotta see the colorful blue and yellow on screen at least once. As well as everyone's respective costumes/looks. They killed it with the look of the X-Men in deadpool.

Yuuup. Fox just needs to coordinate better. I wonder if there's any communcation at all. Deadpool costumes was one step forward and Apocalypse costumes is one step back.

Comicbook movies are supposed to be fun. Why shouldn't the characters have their cool costumes? The matching team uniforms thing isn't fun. Just make changes so they work onscreen.

We got yellow and blue costumes in First Class. Although Deadpool's costume was dope, I think people make it seem more special than what it was. It's not like it was anything new (besides the eyes). Too be honest it's on par with the suits we see on Arrow, Flash, and LoT. Leather.

People are saying they want costumes like the comics. Does that mean you want Cyclops in full spandex and underwear on the outside?

We got yellow and blue costumes in First Class. Although Deadpool's costume was dope, I think people make it seem more special than what it was. It's not like it was anything new (besides the eyes). Too be honest it's on par with the suits we see on Arrow, Flash, and LoT. Leather.

People are saying they want costumes like the comics. Does that mean you want Cyclops in full spandex and underwear on the outside?

Bruh. The fact that you're comparing the XMen costumes to costumes from low budget tv shows :lol:

...That's just bad, bro. The fact that we're even making those comparisons is not a good thing, at all.

As for Cyclops. Maybe the yellow underwear on the outside is a bit much. But a nice blue would be a good start. In general, the 'cosumes' just strike me too much as uniforms and not costumes. The X-Men are not military. They're superheroes. I want to see more individuality, some more flair, and then we can start from there.

*edit

Nvm, I misread your post.

Last edited:
Why use that version of their costumes for your post? Oh, to make your point.
laugh.gif
Well, yes
grin.gif

Their is a tactical/realistic way you can do the costumes.. See deadpool (his suit wasn't all leather) or anyone in the marvel verse or bale's batman (specifically him talking about moving his neck)

Daredevil has a whole thing about the technical aspects of his 'suit' on the Netflix show

But you would think batman showing up in the whole 9 since '89.. Superman always having his getup with the S (and singer doing a superman movie and at least respecting that.. Then marvels success

Maybe just maybe it might work

Back
Top Bottom