• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Like someone said, 'list performances not actors'

Cap 1 has tommy Lee jones, Hugo weaving, Stanley tucci, Toby jones.. Hell Derek Luke.. To go along with Evans, atwell and Stan

Derek Luke? Evans? Stan? You're kidding right? Evans has never been in anything good. He's still a better Torch than Cap.

You named Anna paquin and what's the best thing she has done acting wise, get naked on true blood?

You might want to go watch snowpiercer

And considering names you were throwing out, yes Derek Luke.. Never forget

Last edited:
You named Anna paquin and what's the best thing she has done acting wise, get naked on true blood?

You might want to go watch snowpiercer

And considering names you were throwing out, yes Derek Luke.. Never forget

I've seen Snowpiercer. One good movie out of????? Lolz. Derek Luke.. Nah.

I believe Anna Paquin has an academy award and a golden globe. So there's that

Her scenes in true blood where she's in cowgirl position were Emmy award worthy.

Overwhelming actors in X-MEN films?

Patrick Stewart
Ian Mckellen
Anna Pacquin
Kelsey Grammar
Bruce Davison
Kevin Bacon
January Jones
Liev Schrieber
Peter Dinklage
Ellen Page
Oscar Isaac
James McAvoy
Oscar Isaac
Hugh Jackman

That's the people who've had roles in X-MEN movies. That's hella acting chops. MCU doesn't have that. I don't even think it's an argument on who has better actors in their films. Fox's issue has never been the acting. It's just everything else

January jones is on this list.. January jones :stoneface:

The original XMen trilogy was a pioneer for Marvel comic book movies, nothing more. Giving them credit for how comic book movies are today is like giving George Mikan credit for modern basketball today :lol:

Modern comic book movies been veering from any standards the Fox movies have set.

If you want to give credit for an older than decade old trilogy, got to give it to Spiderman. First marvel movie where the hero wears the comic book accurate fits. It was during that trilogy when people started thinking. Oh ok, we can stick closer to the comic book material and it'll work..

Before that was the feeling that a lot of stuff from the comic books can't translate well to film and so ppl were ok with Fox taking more liberties with certain stuff, ej. costumes, character personalities, casting, etc. But now the climate today, people are more critical about those kind of liberties.

:lol: at following the bar that Fox has set. Cmon man.

Last edited:
See I don't see it that simply.. That's taking a will smith approach to the type of films you are taking.. Obviously a lot of what you are saying is true and I'm not saying I disagree

But I just don't see it THAT simply.. As with any movie there is a lot more that goes into it than just the actors involved

I'm not a huge David o Russell fan, but Jennifer Lawrence is making a killing in those movies critically.. Munn is in the process of expanding the perception Hollywood has of her and also expanding her brand at large

As with any actor/actress you're happy to get roles.. And big comic book movies are looked at as a steady pay check.. But if you got options, you got look at the individuals involved, circumstances and all that jazz

Jus knowing the way Hollywood works, if this ends up being singers last ride.. Jlaw is the one that's going get questioned.. Fassbender will move on and come out clean, ditto Oscar Isaac.. But someone will get shade thrown at them, probably unjustifiably so

But look at everything that went into that Vanessa role in deadpool, she had an opportunity to show a lot.. I don't see it as Natalie Portman playing Jane foster

And I definitely don't think having a cool cgi scene is better for your acting career than showing actual acting chops.. Coolest thing from x2, was the nightcrawler scene.. Coolest thing from DOFP was the quicksilver scene.. How those work out for those male actors?

Honestly can't remember much of anything from x1

How is playing the love interest in a movie that's mainly not a romance going to show the world your acting chops? All you really need to be the love interest is chemistry with the lead and to be a pretty face. Lots of females can come fit that bill. It's not about being in a cgi scene, it's about being casted for a role that's independent of the lead, not dependent on him.

If the love interest in question is for a role in a drama or a romantic movie then I can see your point. Deadpool's girlfriend's role was minimal at best.

Lol you're right Jennifer Lawrence killing it critically, now see how much she's paid compared to the guys :lol: Now think about all the women out there that aren't on JLaw's level. The struggle is real out there for women.

Last edited:
Anna Paquin was a decent Rogue. Too bad she portrayed her in True Blood and not in the X-Men film series.

The original XMen trilogy was a pioneer for Marvel comic book movies, nothing more.

That's what I've said. They started this. That's what a pioneer is. You can't even tell me if the MCU would've jumped in the game if it weren't for the X-MEN. Sounds like you're just a hater lol

meh being a 15 year old kid i still liked the X men movies when they first came out. even X-3. looking back now they were low grade but back then they were awesome

meh being a 15 year old kid i still liked the X men movies when they first came out. even X-3. looking back now they were low grade but back then they were awesome

Exactly. It's easy to be on MCU hype because it's current. Of course X-MEN films will seem underwhelming. It's like people gushing over Lebron now and acting like Kobe wasn't that dude

Exactly. It's easy to be on MCU hype because it's current. Of course X-MEN films will seem underwhelming. It's like people gushing over Lebron now and acting like Kobe wasn't that dude
That's actually an excellent point.

so for me X Trilogies were awesome. Blade was on point except 3

The only really bad Marvel movie that I absolutely could not stand (across all carriers) was the first Hulk.
The rest I liked for the time I watched them.

The original XMen trilogy was a pioneer for Marvel comic book movies, nothing more.

That's what I've said. They started this. That's what a pioneer is. You can't even tell me if the MCU would've jumped in the game if it weren't for the X-MEN. Sounds like you're just a hater lol

Giving the x men trilogy credit for being the first marvel movie is different than giving the x men trilogy credit for how comic book movies are today.

I've been saying if you want to give an old CBM credit for today's climate you got to start with the spider man trilogy. I've explained why too but I think you just stopped reading after the first sentence lol

*edit

Also you've used the word pinnacle, not pioneer

You said X2 and SM2 was the pinnacle of Marvel movies. If you had originally said pioneer I might not have said anything at all...maybe

Last edited:
ugh... i cant believe I have to actually pay up to this debt with you.

It is a fair statement to say that about the x trilogy because it brought to gether putting in more than one character with multple powers on one screen.
Spiderman is a bit different considering they only had to focus on him and his character

ugh... i cant believe I have to actually pay up to this debt with you.

It is a fair statement to say that about the x trilogy because it brought to gether putting in more than one character with multple powers on one screen.
Spiderman is a bit different considering they only had to focus on him and his character

It is true that it is the first movie of a super-team but I just don't believe that aside from that, that modern cbm takes any cues from that trilogy.

Also a bet is a bet, fam. You don't have to agree with me to rep me :evil:

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the cbm landscape.

As for this love interest stuff it makes me wonder about Chris Pine's role in the WW movie.

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape.

As for this love interest stuff it makes me wonder about Chris Pine's role in the WW movie.

Only because Heath Ledger died. Well, he gave an excellent perfomance.... then died. The X-Men series did set a tone; for the 2nd movie being the best of a CBM trilogy and the 3rd being a dud. The Nolan films kept that trend going. The Captain America series appears to be the first well-executed cinematic crescendo of CBM trilogies.

Only because Heath Ledger died. Well, he gave an excellent perfomance.... then died. The X-Men series did set a tone; for the 2nd movie being the best of a CBM trilogy and the 3rd being a dud. The Nolan films kept that trend going. The Captain America series appears to be the first well-executed cinematic crescendo of CBM trilogies.
Agreed,

but I also think people gave heath too much credit. i think the best performance was by Eckart (sp?) the rise and fall of Harvey dent was brilliant.
Joker outshined him only because of the insanity that went on. but the true great performance goes to dent

blade 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

easily one of marvels best IMO

there was no pressure, no hype, no big money or box office talk involved just a really entertaining and very accurate depiction of a comic book character.

If anything I thought Blade set the tone for live action marvel movies like X-men to even be considered possible, let alone good.

Last edited:
20th Century Fox has today released a fun new viral site tied to the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. They’ve launched SpacePortArcade.com, which offers three playable in-world X-Men arcade games: “Mutant Conquest,” “Mutant All-Stars Track & Field” and “Revenge of Hero X.”

It’s the last one that is likely to ignite many a fan theory as the titular “Hero X” appears that he might be loosely based on Cable. Check out his metal arm on the game’s official box art in the gallery viewer below! You can also click the image above to visit the X-Men arcade for yourself.

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape

I said X-2 is a great film and on multiple top CBM lists. I said X-MEN movies started the trend.

Now I've never said that they all CBM have taken cues from it, but if X-MEN wasn't made and if it wasn't successful, you don't know what the status of CBM would be right now. FOX took that leap and it paid off.

There's always X-MEN film bashing in here but let's remember they kicked this whole thing off. Now you may not agree with that but a lot of people do. Just like a lot of people hold X-2 as one of the greatest superhero films ever.

Nolan films may have raised the bar and then Iron Man films after that, but it still started with X-MEN especially for Marvel flicks

View media item 2020004
View media item 2020005
http://the-artifice.com/the-three-eras-of-the-modern-comic-book-movie/

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape.

Umm no.

What I'm talking about is Nolan's grounded not just another superhero movie take with Batman. He (and Goyer) made it so the stories were actually about something topical and resonated more with a genre than just simple superheroics. That was hammered down in all 3 movies with or without Ledger.

Ledger gave an amazing performance but that has nothing to do with Nolan's Bat movies affecting how superhero movies are approached today word to TWS, CW, and even the attempt made in BvS.

X-Men 2 or the X trilogy did NONE of that despite the movies basically being about a persecuted group. A common phrase I see use when talking about the Singer X-movies is melodrama.

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape

I said X-2 is a great film and on multiple top CBM lists. I said X-MEN movies started the trend.
What trend? Of superhero movies being made?

I'd say the huge success of the Raimi Spider-Man movies did that.

Now I've never said that they all CBM have taken cues from it, but if X-MEN wasn't made and if it wasn't successful, you don't know what the status of CBM would be right now. FOX took that leap and it paid off.
Spider-Man still gets made and is still great.

There's always X-MEN film bashing in here but let's remember they kicked this whole thing off. Now you may not agree with that but a lot of people do. Just like a lot of people hold X-2 as one of the greatest superhero films ever.

Nolan films may have raised the bar and then Iron Man films after that, but it still started with X-MEN especially for Marvel flicks
I never denied that they partially kicked this off with at least showing there's a market for these to be continued to be made but I don't see any trend the first 3 X-Men movies set at all. It's not like the first 3 movies came out and there were no other comic book movies being made or even superhero movies being made. There were. If you're giving them credit for basically being the first (or among the first) then yeah sure but it's not like the entire market was dependent on if the first X-Men movie got a great response or not. The Spidey flicks were still coming.

Sony or Marvel or DC/WB (or any other studio) didn't end up following the lead of what the X-Men movies did and managed to find success to keep doing it.

The Nolan movies clearly set a trend and a specific shift in how these movies are made. That's clear as day. It's why some movies that don't play in that realm get lukewarm responses.

Besides after 16 years claiming the title of being the first to do it doesn't hold up well when you look at franchise's track record or the studios. They've managed to not be in last place due to other studios managing to make worse but nowhere near the leader when it comes to quality or money.

Last edited:
What trend? Of superhero movies being made?

I'd say the huge success of the Raimi Spider-Man movies did that.
Spider-Man still gets made and is still great.
I never denied that they partially kicked this off with at least showing there's a market for these to be continued to be made but I don't see any trend the first 3 X-Men movies set at all. It's not like the first 3 movies came out and there were no other comic book movies being made or even superhero movies being made. There were. If you're giving them credit for basically being the first (or among the first) then yeah sure but it's not like the entire market was dependent on if the first X-Men movie got a great response or not. The Spidey flicks were still coming.

Sony or Marvel or DC/WB (or any other studio) didn't end up following the lead of what the X-Men movies did and managed to find success to keep doing it.

The Nolan movies clearly set a trend and a specific shift in how these movies are made. That's clear as day. It's why some movies that don't play in that realm get lukewarm responses.

Besides after 16 years claiming the title of being the first to do it doesn't hold up well when you look at franchise's track record or the studios. They've managed to not be in last place due to other studios managing to make worse but nowhere near the leader when it comes to quality or money.

You're going way too deep.

View media item 2020110
You already said they were the first which is the biggest point I was making. Thank you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom