• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
That's not really a point. It's a fun fact :lol:

Like in 2020 I can mention to my nephew that some X-Men movies that don't age well were one of the first superhero movies to start this run of comic book movies you're enjoying now. He's like 7 now and will be 11 then. He won't care.

Last edited:
I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape.

As for this love interest stuff it makes me wonder about Chris Pine's role in the WW movie.

Only because Heath Ledger died. Well, he gave an excellent perfomance.... then died. The X-Men series did set a tone; for the 2nd movie being the best of a CBM trilogy and the 3rd being a dud. The Nolan films kept that trend going. The Captain America series appears to be the first well-executed cinematic crescendo of CBM trilogies.
Umm no.

What I'm talking about is Nolan's grounded not just another superhero movie take with Batman. He (and Goyer) made it so the stories were actually about something topical and resonated more with a genre than just simple superheroics. That was hammered down in all 3 movies with or without Ledger.

Ledger gave an amazing performance but that has nothing to do with Nolan's Bat movies affecting how superhero movies are approached today word to TWS, CW, and even the attempt made in BvS.

X-Men 2 or the X trilogy did NONE of that despite the movies basically being about a persecuted group. A common phrase I see use when talking about the Singer X-movies is melodrama.

You named 3 films. 2 of which are made by the same directors in 1 series (also involving a hero that relies primarily on hand-to-hand combat), and 1 that is a hot mess. The Nolan trilogy was its own thing. It didn't even really resonate within its own studio, let alone the entire landscape of comics. There's just not enough evidence to support that stance.

Yea not following how the Nolan verse has affected modern comic book films.

The Nolan verse basically exists in its own bubble.

No one really takes their cues from the Nolan verse. DC even had to reboot Batman for the DCEU.

Fox finally using other mutants? :wow: :lol:

They have the rights to so many characters but in 16 years they've only let a handful of them shine. :smh:

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and they continue using more characters from the X-Men universe.

They better not white wash Mirage either.

I don't know what dude is talking about X2 setting the tone for future superhero movies. It was a good movie at the time but no. It didn't have that influence or impact. The Nolan Bat flicks had bigger affect on the chm landscape.

As for this love interest stuff it makes me wonder about Chris Pine's role in the WW movie.

Only because Heath Ledger died. Well, he gave an excellent perfomance.... then died. The X-Men series did set a tone; for the 2nd movie being the best of a CBM trilogy and the 3rd being a dud. The Nolan films kept that trend. The Captain America series appears to be the first well-executed cinematic crescendo of CBM trilogies.
Umm no.

What I'm talking about is Nolan's grounded not just another superhero movie take with Batman. He (and Goyer) made it so the stories were actually about something topical and resonated more with a genre than just simple superheroics. That was hammered down in all 3 movies with or without Ledger.

Ledger gave an amazing performance but that has nothing to do with Nolan's Bat movies affecting how superhero movies are approached today word to TWS, CW, and even the attempt made in BvS.

X-Men 2 or the X trilogy did NONE of that despite the movies basically being about a persecuted group. A common phrase I see use when talking about the Singer X-movies is melodrama.

You named 3 films. 2 of which are made by the same directors in 1 series (also involving a hero that relies primarily on hand-to-hand combat), and 1 that is a hot mess. The Nolan trilogy was its own thing. It didn't even really resonate within its own studio, let alone the entire landscape of comics. There's just not enough evidence to support that stance.
I named 3 movies as an example.

:lol: @ it didn't resonate with the studio. WB was begging Nolan to stay on to helm their DC cinematic universe. You don't know that? The reason we got the version of this Superman is cuz of what Nolan did. It's only ******* terrible cuz they got Snyder to do it.

Why do you think we got a grounded attempt at the Fantastic 4? :lol:

At this point we can see what approach turns out the quality but also box office success. When the right team of writer and director get it right it equals critical acclaim.

It's bled down to Netflix series. Your gonna see it in Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Fox let Miller do his thing and you got the Deadpool version of it, etc. It is pretty much the way to go now.

Yea not following how the Nolan verse has affected modern comic book films.

The Nolan verse basically exists in its own bubble.

No one really takes their cues from the Nolan verse. DC even had to reboot Batman for the DCEU.
And what did they reboot it with? An executive produced Nolan MOS to start their new shared universe.

It was widely reported that WB wanted Nolan to spearhead this. He just said no. Then he went down the list and settled for the first guy that said yes.

Perhaps y'all need more distance before ya see the influence and impact Nolan's trilogy had.
blade paved way for xmen and all to follow

Blade was mentioned as the real pioneer but it was dismissed and discredited cuz he doesn't fit the "superhero" label and cuz it was rated R.

Last edited:
47?! You should be almost done at this point!!!!!

Btw you should watch the movie today! That way we can stop hanging out in this thread!!!

I have to wait for my girl. She got called in to work this weekend so i have to wait til next Wednesday.
We were going to go today but first showing isnt until like 7 And i refuse to be there with little brats screaming and excited.... i want to be the only one screaming and chanting USA USA USA.

Plus 7 is way too late for me. I can barely stay awake in movies i go to before 2pm.
Lol with work gym life im exhausted by 6

Last edited:
Lol from my experience, there aren't lots of kids at a Thurs 7 pm showing. Saturday and Sundays yes.

Damn Tdogg we the same age but the way you talk sometimes it doesn't feel like it :lol:

Still will be middle or high schoolers. Not to mention its cinco de mayo. Getting lit tonight i have a tough mudder Saturday so carbing up.

Youre like Ken and im like RYu. We're brothera by bond Same disicples. But you live that live young and free life.
While im hardened and worn due to years of wandering gathering experience putting in work.

My body cant take much more

Idk how you're going to make the next week on NT without getting spoiled. Someone just brought up CW in the Power Rangers thread :lol:

Best luck to you T

Wrong. Bats finds out that everyone has a mother named Martha and they all live happily ever after
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom