• Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
i remember the first time i saw the first X Men traoler in the movie theater

my little mind was blown i couldnt beeleeb it

unlike now wgere every little detail is broadcast vefire the film releases

i like DOFP. but i like it less and less with each viewing.

love Fass and MCavoy

lived the future scenes and quivksilver but everything else was Meh

There's nobody to blame but ourselves by going to the movies and supporting these garbage *** xmen movies.

Haven't seen an X-Men film in theaters since X3 :smh:

Didn't see any of the F4 movies either.

Saw Deadpool because it was actually done right.

There's nobody to blame but ourselves by going to the movies and supporting these garbage *** xmen movies.

Haven't seen an X-Men film in theaters since X3 :smh:

Didn't see any of the F4 movies either.

Saw Deadpool because it was actually done right.

X3 exposed the Fox bean counters. They put their faith in star power over the proven track record of the characters and storylines in their possession. The ironic thing is that Hugh Jackman's star power came directly from playing the character of Logan. Things were different in the case of Jennifer Lawrence, but the same rule applies: if you have a "star," milk them; the story if an afterthought.

it makes sense for Wolverine to be the center of the XMen though, Mystique... not so much

I do think it was Wolverines popularity that kind of made him the centerpiece of the franchise

Wolverine is pretty much on the same level as Spiderman, Hulk, etc... in terms of popularity

But why can't the accept the fact that their best movies are the ones that are NOT star-centered? That's what I don't get.

Again none of the X-FIlms has flopped and DoFP (Mystique centered) was the highest grossing XFilm they had.

Not saying I agree but they are making money that they are happy with.

Now that the Apocalypse isn't getting rave reviews then we'll see how it does in the box office and if it coming off the strengths of DoFP and Deadpool will negate those bad reviews.

I think it'll have to flop like F4 for Fox to consider any big changes to the franchise but even with how bad F4 was received critically and box office-wise, they still consider doing a sequel for it.

So again we'll see what happens within a month or so.

I do think Apocalypse following up a great film in Civil War is going to hurt it, as I said before, had BvS come after Civil War, that would have probably made $100m less just because it would have looked worse by comparison.

Fox might be happy with the money they're making but their lack of ambition hurts those who want to see the xmen franchise (as well as FF) to take the next leap

Last edited:
I think they are looking at the bigger picture now with XForce and New Mutants, riskier properties than Deadpool and Gambit films.

I mean Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen seems like a big leap and risk too and from the reviews it seems 50/50 whether they delivered on it or not.

I'm staying away from spoilers so I am not sure if Apocalyse was epic enough but there are plenty of reports on their future plans so I am looking forward to seeing what it is.

it's supposedly the most action packed XMen film yet so if that sounds like it is worth the Imax tix then go for it

I use to think that dude Korey was a little bit corny but that was hilarious :rofl:

Half the **** I could pick up on cuz he was referencing past movies. He explained what he liked and didn't real well and I can see clearly and why he was restrained from going in on being tired of the same ol disappointing bull ****.

Hello Charles, Hello... Erik :rofl:

Last edited:
lawrence'a relatable, self depricating, goofball, clumsy persona is definitely tired now. If that's how she really is and it's not an act then she must be really annoying to be around.

Yeah so it was pretty entertaining and Fassbender and McAvoy still were the best in terms of acting. Quicksilver in terms of the action sequence. Mystique i couldnt care less and it's not because of JLaw. She's just not supposed to be the leader of the XMen.

Back
Top Bottom