Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
That's right.. Elise Neal is in it. What role did she have? I knew of the casting but haven't heard anything about her role
Logan, Xavier, and Laura are tryna escape the Reavers. They were on a freeway when a small accident happened. Logan helped them and they invited them for dinner. The Reavers tracked them down, and X-24 slaughtered them.

I almost wish all of the X-movies and spinoffs were standalone from here on out. Be wild vague on what time they set place.

My guess is this is where they headed. De-prioritize continuity and connecting movies. Drive the budget down to maximize profits. Keep slapping the R rating on their movies cuz that was what worked with Deadpool. Repeat.

Not to say that it's not a model that's working for Fox. But it's not the model that these xmen characters deserve. #imwithmarvelstudios
I mean if it works for them great. It appears Its a formula that works for now. In the end 5he movies just have to be good to justify them doing it over and over again.

With the MCUcs movie slate going forward during phase 4 there's no room for X-Men movies. Cameos would be meaningless. A partnership deal probably wouldn't yet be enough for them to start scrapping GotG, Dr. Strange, BP, CM, and Avengers sequels. They're loaded.

So it's w/e to me that FOX-Men will keep being a thing. I just want those F4 rights to revert back.

If they can do a dope X-Force movie that isn't dominated by Deadpool, maybe find another franchise to establish (in not sold on Gambit yet) they'll keep somewhat interested.

I'm too deflated and disappointed to care like I use to. Mind you this on comics and certain characters I love. They want me treating Fox-Men movies like I do the DCEU :smh:

Last edited:
Logan Takes in $9.5 Million in Thursday Box Office

20th Century Fox’s new Wolverine movie Logan, Hugh Jackman’s final portrayal of the character, opened for Thursday previews last night and is reported to have taken in $9.5 million from those previews.

Logan surpassed the Thursday previews of the last two X-Men movies, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Men: Days of Future Past, which made $8.1 and 8.2 million in Thursday previews respectively. The latter ended up making $90.8 million over Memorial Day weekend while the former made just $65.7 million over the same weekend two years later.

On the other hand, it’s below the $12.7 million Thursday previews made by Ryan Reynold’s Deadpool, which might be a better comparison, because that was also R-rated. It also opened over a 4-day holiday weekend like the last two X-Men movies. Then again, it’s also slightly higher than Marvel Studios’ last movie Doctor Strange, which ended up grossing almost $85 million (although that didn’t have an R-rating as Logan does.)

In other words, it might be too early to tell if Logan will beat the $85 million opening of Wolverine’s first solo movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, although it’s very likely to surpass the opening of 2013’s The Wolverine by quite a wide margin.

I almost wish all of the X-movies and spinoffs were standalone from here on out. Be wild vague on what time they set place..

Not necessarily against this, but I think that some films/storylines are just going to come off better with and might even require buildup. Dark Phoenix, for example, is a story that works better if it isn't just rushed into one film. I think the adaptation from X-Men the Animated Series is actually a good example. You've got the situation with the Shi'Ar Empire and D'Ken, during which there's basically a royal coup and Jean gains the Phoenix Force. You've got her leaving to deposit the M'Krann Crystal into the sun at the end. She returns some time later, during which point she begins losing control of the Phoenix. This then leads into the typical loss of control with Dark Phoenix and the infamous battle between the Imperial Guard and the X-Men. All of this takes up like 9-10 episodes and is really the majority of the show's 3rd season in fact. I couldn't honestly see them managing to introduce all of this and then having all of this happen within just one film. That's just one event though. On the flip side, you've got things like House of M, Broodfall, and Asgardian Wars (Were the X-Men a part of the MCU that is) which I think could work perfectly as standalones.
Oh I'm like you and others, I don't want to see Kinberg write another Phoenix focused movie. It shouldn't be touched again until the mid 2020s.

There are so many other stories, so many other good and great stories to focus on.

How about Prof. X against the Shadow king? Have the movie focus on Charles, Storm and Jean.

How about Mr. Sinister? Hype up the science and evolution and specialness of mutant genes with a setting in the Savage Land? Could make the movie Magneto (and his Brotherhood vs. Sinister (and his Nasty Boys :lol: or Marauders) over savage land mutates or focus on Scott and Jean and the cloning of Jean or the early idea to make baby Nathan?

Make a God Loves, Man Kills movie

If they have to have some Phoenix ****, do a X-Men vs. Hellfire Club movie where a bunch of corrupt mutants and evil humans are out their exploiting mutants

Or if we're going to space could create a story about Shi'Ar figuring out Jean is a potential Phoenix host and then they go to Earth to kill all of her family and then kidnap her. Epic space opera right there.

So many stories you can make movies out of :smh:

Fox needs their own Feige BADLY.

And I agree for bigger stories stand alones wouldn't work cuz you need buildup and only certain bigger events would necessitate being in the MCU.

Last edited:
Just realized the budget for this film is 90 million.

Smh. So that's Fox's strategy now eh. Drive the budget down to maximize promits, and slap the R rating on the baby. And throw all plans on creating a shared universe out the window. If a movie is hard to connect to another, just justify it as a stand alone. And everyone is going to eat this up... Sigh

Marvel never going to get the rights back.

All I can do is hope that the rest of the world is not like this thread [emoji]128557[/emoji]

OHHH so what makes a great movie now is how it fits in with the "bigger" picture :lol: this is the reason why a lot of Marvel flicks are starting to just be boring....is like watching a 15 year long season of a tv series...the build up for IW is so insane that the whole thing might just crumble on itself.

Just realized the budget for this film is 90 million.

Smh. So that's Fox's strategy now eh. Drive the budget down to maximize promits, and slap the R rating on the baby. And throw all plans on creating a shared universe out the window. If a movie is hard to connect to another, just justify it as a stand alone. And everyone is going to eat this up... Sigh

Marvel never going to get the rights back.

All I can do is hope that the rest of the world is not like this thread [emoji]128557[/emoji]

OHHH so what makes a great movie now is how it fits in with the "bigger" picture :lol: this is the reason why a lot of Marvel flicks are starting to just be boring....is like watching a 15 year long season of a tv series...the build up for IW is so insane that the whole thing might just crumble on itself.

Umm, thanos murking a dozen or two heroes is gonna be lit AF.

He used two gifs from a Captain America movie to insult me. I think that's awesome, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
It was great. Will have a detailed review tonight.

Can pretty much see where fox is going with their cinematic universe, basically with Logan being somewhat of a bookend up until a certain point.

I think with that ending, there will definitely be a continuation or spinoff. Honestly, it just may be the New Mutants. It fits with the story this movie told.

Well you gotta remember they got the 60s, 70s and 80s covered with the new timeline. Basically work there way up on until Logan and it'll possibly work.

Especially with Essex and Mr. Sinister

I think with that ending, there will definitely be a continuation or spinoff. Honestly, it just may be the New Mutants. It fits with the story this movie told.

That's the vibe got with the ending, perfect way to set up New Mutants.

I pretty sure the Mexican kid was Rictor.

Last edited:
Well you gotta remember they got the 60s, 70s and 80s covered with the new timeline. Basically work there way up on until Logan and it'll possibly work.

Especially with Essex and Mr. Sinister
That's what I've been saying for a minute now.
That's the vibe got with the ending, perfect way to set up New Mutants.
It'll be sad to hear if they don't use the cast of characters from this film. I wonder when it starts shooting

What were all the kids powers in the forest scene trying to figure out who they supposed to be

Back
Top Bottom