• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Found Fantastic 4 online. 

Good God almighty. I never thought a director could have the ability to make Michael B Jordan dull.

Finally watched chronicle.. It was entertaining

Wouldn't have chosen trank for fantastic four off of that though.. I can see Star Wars considering.. Or a more serious or gritty comic book character.. But not fantastic four

An initial x-men movie maybe.. What other properties does fox currently own?

Let him do a wolverine movie

^ Too late for talk like that (I really doubt FOX gives Trank another chance any time soon) but FOX only really has the X-Men franchise for something gritty and grounded.

I don't know who is directing the 3rd Wolverine but somebody has been tapped for that, I think it's the same for X-Force. So then it's some risky stuff like would they do a X-Factor movie (based on the gov. sponsored version or detective agency)? Maybe solos for Bishop or Cable. They already got plans for what I think is a New Mutants tv show. There's not a whole lot left. After the next Wolverine Jackman is done and I think they'll rest the character for like 2 years at least before they announce the new guy playing him and that'll be by 2017/2018.

The rest FOX has getting the option for indie comics. With Millar it's a comic by comic basis. I heard a week or so ago WB has optioned another one of his comics so he's not exclusively giving FOX the first chance at all his stuff.

I don't think Jackman is done. This may be his last role as Wolverine. And bring him back as Ultimate Cable or some dumb **** just to keep him.

Nah he's said he was done with the claws. If he lying we shall see. Son is going on like 16 or 17 years being Wolverine by the time the next movie drops. That's enough. Nobody has been Bond that long. You gotta go to tv for actors playing the same role that long or longer.

He can come back as some other hero but I'd bet he'd want to do that in the MCU and not FOX :lol:

If FOX does ultimate Cable instead of regular Cable I'll be done.

He's been clamoring to join the Avengers in MCU so hopefully they can work it out where he can make at least one cameo though that is probably just dream at this point.

uj1Wo.gif

^ Too late for talk like that (I really doubt FOX gives Trank another chance any time soon) but FOX only really has the X-Men franchise for something gritty and grounded.

I don't know who is directing the 3rd Wolverine but somebody has been tapped for that, I think it's the same for X-Force. So then it's some risky stuff like would they do a X-Factor movie (based on the gov. sponsored version or detective agency)? Maybe solos for Bishop or Cable. They already got plans for what I think is a New Mutants tv show. There's not a whole lot left. After the next Wolverine Jackman is done and I think they'll rest the character for like 2 years at least before they announce the new guy playing him and that'll be by 2017/2018.

The rest FOX has getting the option for indie comics. With Millar it's a comic by comic basis. I heard a week or so ago WB has optioned another one of his comics so he's not exclusively giving FOX the first chance at all his stuff.

After watching chronicle, I'm trying give dude something up his alley.. Not fantastic four

Hate to keep referring back to marvel.. But they at least had some sort of idea what they wanted and went with directors with that sort of vision

Like even though the 1st Thor wasn't their greatest movie, they went with guy known for Shakespeare, hoping to go that route.. Or going with a horror director for doctor strange.. You can still feel Edgar wright in antman

Matthew Vaughn would probably be my ideal choice of the top of my head..

Looked up suggestions online I'd be down with Drew Goddard (cabin in the woods), Rupert Wyatt (rise of the planet of the apes) or Matt reeves (cloverfield and dawn of the planet of the apes).. And whedon

Gambit Moviee will be garbage but at least I have a reason to watch.

Hopefully she has a sizeable role in Spectre

Last edited:
Nah he's said he was done with the claws. If he lying we shall see. Son is going on like 16 or 17 years being Wolverine by the time the next movie drops. That's enough. Nobody has been Bond that long. You gotta go to tv for actors playing the same role that long or longer.

He can come back as some other hero but I'd bet he'd want to do that in the MCU and not FOX
laugh.gif

If FOX does ultimate Cable instead of regular Cable I'll be done.
I mean it's weird. Early in the year, dude was all reinvigorated about the role and said he wants to play him forever. Blah blah blah. And then out of nowhere, this is his last go? I just feel like something is up.

I can see him not wanting to be seen as the Wolverine guy. I mean that's a problem tv actors have to usually deal with (Hamm as Draper, Cranston as Heisenberg, etc.). Plus he hasn't been in a whole lot of other movies at the same that were really good. All I can remember is Les Mis.

He may just have something better being offered him up the pipeline (Star Wars? Star Trek? Harry Potter spinoff? Bond? MCU? DC/WB? Other movie franchises that are not coming to mind? :nerd:)

Or maybe why he was so reinvigorated was he was told there may be a chance of a crossover with the MCU? or that they'd do a crossover with F4 and it'd be great? :lol: or maybe he's just fed up now. These Wolverine movies aint good. Last one was decent at best.

No amount of Munn training vids and gifs will convince me.

Plus it's really not that necessary. Just do ya thing. The movie aint gonna be all about her or even a huge part, she sharing screen time with 10 other ppl. Gonna be good for a few fast paced fight scenes, nothing impressive like a Jackie or Jet movie probably nothing like fights in The Raid or Kingsman either.

Like is she on the low campaigning for a Psylocke solo movie? :lol:

If they did that would , do you think they will cast some white actress to play her for awhile in the beginning or will they ignore that part of her origin? I always wondered

No amount of Munn training vids and gifs will convince me.

Plus it's really not that necessary. Just do ya thing. The movie aint gonna be all about her or even a huge part, she sharing screen time with 10 other ppl. Gonna be good for a few fast paced fight scenes, nothing impressive like a Jackie or Jet movie probably nothing like fights in The Raid or Kingsman either.

Like is she on the low campaigning for a Psylocke solo movie? :lol:

If they did that would , do you think they will cast some white actress to play her for awhile in the beginning or will they ignore that part of her origin? I always wondered
I think they'll ignore it the same way the MCU ignored that Drax is originally from Earth and was transformed in to a destroyer and is not some random alien.

A lot of ppl don't know about Psylocke's offensive origin so they'll probably try to keep it that way. White English woman body swapped in to an Asian ninja's body where then the Asian ninja gets killed off in English woman's body while the English woman is stuck with the Asian body and basically gets to run with the whole "exotic" Asian look and gets the cool ninja skills wouldn't fly.

But then again, things are different with Asians abroad and Asian Americans so who knows if they'd even be that offended by it all.

If writers wanted a compromise I think a merging of both bodies would be better than body swap. Works since Munn is mixed.

Last edited:
Before Suicide Squad wrapped filming some days ago, Margot Robbie spoke with Daily News about portraying Harley Quinn opposite Jared Leto as the Joker in the highly-anticipated DC adaptation. More interestingly, the Aussie actress revealed that, before nabbing her DC supervillain role, she came to close playing Sue Storm aka the Invisible Woman in the not-so-Fantastic Four reboot.

"I didn't really resonate with the script, and I haven't seen the movie, so I don't really know how it turned out different from the page," said Margot Robbie of Fox's Marvel reboot which flopped both critically and at the box office. "But I had a great meeting with the director (Trank) and I really enjoyed that. I guess it's part of the game: sometime you win some, sometimes you lose some."

Even though she is only 25, I can't see her with the rest of that cast.. Mara got her by 7 years, but I still feel like Mara can play younger

Especially with the rest of the cast

Prisoners was a great movie
I forgot about that but that's more an actor's movie and not some money making blockbuster.

He was pretty good in that.
Even though she is only 25, I can't see her with the rest of that cast.. Mara got her by 7 years, but I still feel like Mara can play younger

Especially with the rest of the cast
Mara can play younger cuz of her body.

Happy Margot passed. :lol: @ Trank being nice to her. Rumors of him being a ***** to Kate are funnier now.

maybe trank is a house of cards fan and figured he could get his francis underwood on

Just got around to seeing Fantastic Four. My overall thoughts on it, its that the movie was way too ambitious and Trank is not a good enough director to take on that challenge. Like Chronicle was fairly shallow and masked its faults with gimmicks. The foundation of FF imo, was a good starting point.

a few thoughts

- The trailers are misleading. In the sense that how I thought everything was gonna play out, didn't happen that way.
the drunk expedition into the other dimension was dumb
-This isn't a comic book movie. Its sci fi ( I actually liked that). It felt like Trank was trying to do an impression of Nolan
- It doesn't work as a 1.5 hour movie.
- this just screams to me as a 9 ep mini series on the on Netflix or the syfy channel( not necessarily a bad thing)
- I don't know what Miles Teller was doing with that performance
- MBJ only had a handful of lines
- Dr Doom isn't Dr Doom. he still had cool powers though
- None of the characters were fleshed out. This goes back to Tranks inexperience and also bolsters my point that it would work better as a series
- 1st part of the movie( up until they went to the nzone) was kinda boring. The film picked up from the other dimension until the final fight
- The last 15 minutes of the movie was completely rushed. Doom came back and I think they should've spent a lot more time with the character instead of rushing to the final fight
- Doom killing everybody in the base was kinda cool
- climax sucked

overall 6-6.5/10. Too rushed, intriguing foundation that falls short

Its a shame because I really did dig the sci fi-ness of the movie and I wish it could've carried that tone because there was potential there imo. Im not sure if they can salvage it

Having said all that, I still enjoyed it more than both Thor Movies, Iron man 2, and Captain America First Avenger. I just can't even watch those again

Last edited:
I don't praise those movies at all (I also think they all weren't that good) but damb you must really love sci-fi to basically say you'd watch F4 again before you'd watch those phase 1 MCU movies.

Back
Top Bottom