**FP Thread**District 9 Appreciation ..[ Best movie of 2009 ]..

eek.gif

"Technically brilliant and emotionally wrenching, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic."
- Rotten Tomatoes

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That statement describes my feelings toward this movie, WORD FOR WORD.
I don't think I've ever been so glued to a piece of work like this
sick.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If this isn't the best movie of this year, please direct me to the rightone.[/color]
happy.gif

agreed. district 9 was piff.

i went into the movies thinking it was going to purely be a documentary so the whole plot really blew me away with all the action and amazing special effects.that mech suit was serious.

when this first came out i said this was the best movie of the year.... than the next week inglourious basterds came out

I still need to see Inglourious Basterds and The Hurt Locker, but District 9 was definitely the best blockbuster.

Originally Posted by dope like louboutins

erm District 9 was straight but it gets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
out of 5
Inglorious Basterds and Orphan both get
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
out of 5 IMO
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I saw Orphan as well.. but seriously?[/color]
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

OP your going overboard. Inglorious Bastards by a mile for best movie of the year.
Yup, though I want to see Hurt Locker so it can prove me wrong.

I thought district 9 was boring at the beginning but it definitely got good
Hangover was my favorite movie of the year and I think it was better than District 9
Law abiding citizen was as well

this year was full of potentially great movies but

instead we got a bunch of mediocre ones

Didn't think I was going to like it, downloaded the Blu-ray rip and I loved it, at first I didn't take it seriously, cause I kept laughing at all ofthe F-bombs at the beginning. Then I got into it and really really enjoyed it.

Definitely one of my favorite movies this year.

It was a good movie. Interesting plot/ideals, but my favorite of the year is Hangover.

i absolutely LOVED District 9 in theaters, but this year saw Inglorious Basterds which I saw 3 times and instantly became one of my favorite films of all time

some great great movies this year

Back
Top Bottom