**FP Thread**District 9 Appreciation ..[ Best movie of 2009 ]..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hm, guess I'll be checking out Inglourious Basterds next
glasses.gif
[/color]

It's hard to say the best of the year, at least for me but it was definitely up there with The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, 500 days of Summer, etc.

Awful, Awful year for movies. I think The Road will be my favorite, really looking forward to catching that when I get back to NYC.

Originally Posted by badjustin

law abiding citizen >
That movie was such a piece of trash it shouldn't even be mentioned.

Inglorious Bastards was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'll be on the lookout for District 9 when it drops (if it hasn't).

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by Young Safari

D9 is my favorite movie so far, but I think Avatar will be better.

iMax 3D.
pimp.gif

- FreshProduct
That's the only movie I was looking forward to see this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Fern gully on steroids. ill wait for the Last Airbender.

2009..I liked:
--Inglourious Basterds
--Watchmen
--The Hangover
--Star Trek
--UP

--Might be missing some, but these come to mind this year.

Originally Posted by dope like louboutins

erm District 9 was straight but it gets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
out of 5
Inglorious Basterds and Orphan both get
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
out of 5 IMO
Over district 9?

The Orphan? Really?

I made a thread about district 9 shortly after first hearing about it and got no love, lol. I think it was very interesting, I like movies like that. War ofthe Worlds, signs, $!$% like that

This and Star Trek were my favorite movies of '09. Yes, it's better than Inglorious Basterds.

Definately the best movie of the year.

Lmao @ people saying the hangover > d9, you guys are smoking. I loved the hangover but you can't compare the 2

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Lmao @ people saying the hangover > d9, you guys are smoking. I loved the hangover but you can't compare the 2
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Co-sign.. but I guess all they saw were special effects and aliens andtook it as just that.
indifferent.gif
[/color]
smh.gif

Co-sign.. but I guess all they saw were special effects and aliens and took it as just that.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

wrong movie?

judging by everyone's comments alone, i'm definitely interested. any idea when it'll drop on dvd?

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Co-sign.. but I guess all they saw were special effects and aliens and took it as just that.
indifferent.gif
[/color]
smh.gif
wrong movie?

judging by everyone's comments alone, i'm definitely interested. any idea when it'll drop on dvd?
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm talking about D9. I believe there was way more to that film than just the two things Imentioned. Your average joe would say something like "The hangover > D9" because they probably didn't understand what was going on.[/color]

oh i see. didn't really have an idea as to what the basis of the movie was so i was assuming you were referring to a movie that was previously mentioned inthe thread... myyyy bust.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Co-sign.. but I guess all they saw were special effects and aliens and took it as just that.
indifferent.gif
[/color]
smh.gif
wrong movie?

indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm talking about D9. I believe there was way more to that film than just the two things I mentioned. Your average joe would say something like "The hangover > D9" because they probably didn't understand what was going on.[/color]

People need to digest a movie before they can judge, this movie had it all, I said it before, it made the audience laugh, think, cry at times and most of allit made us aware of how destructive of a species we are, out of all the things we could have learned from this alien species, our only concern was theirweapons and how we could use them to our advantage, to the point that we sen used one of our own as a guinea pig. I can't wait for d10.

Back
Top Bottom