Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

It's easy to tell who's been doing this awhile and who hasn't, especially in a thread about AJ1s. It's funny how buying an ATC slot, or a bot, or a checkout service is "putting in work" now.

Keep pushing the hobby in that direction and let me know where yall end up in a year or two.

It's easy to tell who's been doing this awhile and who hasn't, especially in a thread about AJ1s. It's funny how buying an ATC slot, or a bot, or a checkout service is "putting in work" now.

Keep pushing the hobby in that direction and let me know where yall end up in a year or two.
I'll end up with Frags thats for sure.

I don't consider that work at all, its just a necessary evil now to even have somewhat of a chance

:rofl:

I hope some of you guys realize a lot of you dudes have previously seen those samples but not that close up and called them fake. Anything but the blue logo I've read "fake". Then confusion when there was NDC pics of a black logo. Then I see "samples" now and it's accepted. You guys really make me scratch my head for a good five minutes sometimes. :lol:

THIS!

we never saw that tumbled leather pair, at least i havent

the pics i called fake were indeed fake. all posted by notorious fake sellers and even were for sale on some ites for $200
are you still banned from the 1 thread

:lol: yea

i assume that thread is dead now? was one of my fav threads because i love that shoe so much

Why did you get banned? @AirThompson already laying the ban hammer? The revolution has begun :smh:

How I'm feeling right now.

View media item 1318869

:rofl:

Bunch of sad saps in here 
laugh.gif

If I strike out on these. Ima get a pair of Giuseppe's. If I were to pay 500+ for a pair. Ima do it right. Make the money worth

Last edited:
I'm really confused on the nikelab vs Jordan retailer release on these, so if anyone knows the distinction please PM me.  For now, I'm focusing on shops that had the moon landing lunar AM90s and going from there.  Unfortunately it looks like SnS just posted it will be in store only, i expect some other euro shops to do the same to avoid US traffic/hassle.

No need for the violins. I prefer trumpets.
roll.gif

Im not trying to pout. Im just lamenting how frustrating this release is, just like most of us in here. U don't want to hear about it then don't read the post. No one ever said it was going to be easy, i recognize the shift in this culture, but if I like to reminisce about a few years ago (lets say 2010 not even early 00's) do i not do it for the sake of "saving you the rant" or "sad sad song" some people in here feel the same as I do, guess this was for them. I have taken plenty of losses this year and in years past (Baron 1s). And i have had plenty of wins (Black LM 1s, RT Mids, Chinese New Year Dunks) Its all about perspective. Its not so much as taking a loss because I can't get this shoe, as it is feeling as like I'm not going to have a fair shot.  That was the reason for wanting to know which retailers would carry these. If 21 Mercer turned over a new leaf (congrats to those in here that won) then cool, guess my concerns weren't warranted but some of us who have dealt with 21Mercer releases in the past have def caused us to "raise an eyebrow" at their business practices. If you know what your options are you can make a more informed decision about what choices to make. That would be me in a attempt to "do my homework" thats an obligation to myself. she didn't want to say, cool, but i don't feel bad about trying.
No need to apologize. 

@dhtowng  is probably one of the newer "sneakerheads" who don't mind paying ridiculous prices to wear kicks. He's probably mad at you b/c you aren't one of those.  I didn't sense any type of entitlement in you asking Nike where they'll drop. That used to be something you could do with ease.  IMO I agree with you. It's a shame that in order to even have a chance you gotta drop an additional $40-$80 on a chance (a bot/ATC). That's almost as bad as paying more than $30 for a raffle ticket IMO.

I decided a few years ago that I wouldn't pay more than $165 for a shoe. To this day I haven't yet-if it's a gift I'd do $200, but I haven't had to.  I've just decided you have to be willing to choose what you can live without.  At the end of the day these are JUST SHOES that most people want to cop for a few head turns and instagram likes.  

Sadly, I don't think there will be any turning back and things getting back to "the way they used to be". People just spent $500 on a Pantone pack with one dope shoe and the other lookin like a K-Mart special with a Jumpman decal. I've been salivating over these frags since the summer. Unless Jesus adds a pair to my cart himself aint no way I'm getting them.  I've learned to take my losses and just move on though. Vent whenever you like-it helps us old school heads remember the good times and understand that while we may be anomalies we still represent.

There is a VERY VERY  slim chance (.00001%) you will be able to cop online. If you didn't win the raffle then its re-sell prices or keep it moving. 

Back
Top Bottom