Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

I see nothing wrong with these either.

I know the frags aren't actual quality leather but go into a high-end boutique store & see if their leather shoes/jackets don't have some sort of creasing on there.

Good leather is suppose to crease!
creasing adds character

Think of how many jordans you could buy, the Double Nickel 10s, the Marvin the Martian 7s, the French Blue 7s, the laser series; the amount you could spend on this shoe you could have 5 jordans in your collection...but its your money and I can't tell you what to do.

5 garbage releases? Haha

I'd rather take a pair of Frags over all 5 of those ALL DAY

Last edited:

Think of how many jordans you could buy, the Double Nickel 10s, the Marvin the Martian 7s, the French Blue 7s, the laser series; the amount you could spend on this shoe you could have 5 jordans in your collection...but its your money and I can't tell you what to do.
5 garbage release? Haha

Quality > Quantity 

How is that any better ? :lol:

Last edited:

I hate all of the kicks you just named lol. Minus the laser 1s, I'm copping those.

5 garbage releases? Haha

Thats your preference, if you think they're garbage then pass

Quality > Quantity 
So if we talking quality wise then the new chicago 1s will resell for the same price as the Frags?
How is that any better ?
laugh.gif
Thats your preference so that your opinion 

So if we talking quality wise then the new chicago 1s will resell for the same price as the Frags?
laugh.gif

Quality is only a small factor in frag aftermarket price

Plus I meant it more so in the sense that I'd rather have one frag than all the shoes you named. 

getemchavez getemchavez

I hear what you are saying. If I got them retail like that i could brush it off. Just the fact of the price makes me expect what the seller told me.

I just wasn't expecting any surprises since i already checked with dude beforehand.

Haha thanks. Wonder if the seller is here. No way he could score two pair from ndc and not be on here.

Last edited:
View media item 1365095
Second pair came with this toe box....i double checked with the seller that there was no flaws as well. Goddamnit.

thats that good leather you hyped though.

Good leathers going to do that.

If you plan on wearing, then I'd keep them.

But i understand wanting them to be perfect when paying that type of money though

Last edited:
Well you're right! But only for Chicagos, which wasn't listed in that 5 sneaker list. I'm pretty much done with Jordan's, I have most I want.
Ok, when you get the Chicagos just save a size 12 for me, all I want is one pair; incase if they are in some way limited

i think i could have been able justify (in my own mind) dropping 4, maybe 4 and a half bills on these, considering how limited they are and the quality ppl have been reporting. although it would have been uncomfy at 1st. :lol: but by now i'd have gotten over it.

Didn't you drop $2K+ on JBF Customs....

If so, I don't see how these are worth maybe $4-5 bills but you can drop $2K on those customs. I mean they're nice and all but talk about buying because of hype

Would rather have these over any JBF custom I've ever seen. I paid 10x less

:lol:

a few things...

1. they were UNDER $2k

2. how many ppl have fragments vs. what essentially amounts to a 1 of 1 that i got to design from the ground up, myself?

3. hype had NOTHING to do with my jbf purchase. they were a birthday gift to myself and most ppl still don't even know about jbf. at the time, i hadn't even heard of himt. i actually stumbled across his work by accident and i was completely blown away by what i saw. couldn't believe it and instantly knew that i wanted a pair and that i WAS getting a pair. the only question was WHEN would i get them? so when my bday came around, it made sense to treat myself. i grind hard all year round and take care of my family so i felt like i desrved it and more importantly, i could afford them.

4. as much as yall rant and rave about how great the quality of frags are, frags couldn't hold the jockstrap of a jbf custom, PERIOD. not even in the same stratosphere.nothing nike has EVER put out even comes close! #FACT my JBFs have a butter soft lambskin sock liner and and genuine python and alligator, both regular texture AND sueded.

5. then after reading about all the quality issues on frags i.e. nike air tongue tags being different, leathers being different on the same pairs, the embossed logo being different and so on, i really just can't see spending the market price for them. then all the fakes floating around? my JBFs are FLAWLESS, *** they should be. i could keep going, but i think u get the gist by now.

there is no comparison whatsoever between the 2, PERIOD. i don't even think u have to hold them in your hands to see the difference. it is that blatant!

a few things...

1. they were UNDER $2k

2. how many ppl have fragments vs. what essentially amounts to a 1 of 1 that i got to design from the ground up, myself?

3. hype had NOTHING to do with my jbf purchase. they were a birthday gift to myself and most ppl still don't even know about jbf. at the time, i hadn't even heard of himt. i actually stumbled across his work by accident and i was completely blown away by what i saw. couldn't believe it and instantly knew that i wanted a pair and that i WAS getting a pair. the only question was WHEN would i get them? so when my bday came around, it made sense to treat myself. i grind hard all year round and take care of my family so i felt like i desrved it and more importantly, i could afford them.

4. as much as yall rant and rave about how great the quality of frags are, frags couldn't hold the jockstrap of a jbf custom, PERIOD. not even in the same stratosphere.nothing nike has EVER put out even comes close! #FACT my JBFs have a butter soft lambskin sock liner and and genuine python and alligator, both regular texture AND sueded.

5. then after reading about all the quality issues on frags i.e. nike air tongue tags being different, leathers being different on the same pairs, the embossed logo being different and so on, i really just can't see spending the market price for them. then all the fakes floating around? my JBFs are FLAWLESS, *** they should be. i could keep going, but i think u get the gist by now.

there is no comparison whatsoever between the 2, PERIOD. i don't even think u have to hold them in your hands to see the difference. it is that blatant!
Can you post pics of your custom? Curious to see what you got

a few things...

1. they were UNDER $2k

MMMMMMMM

There shouldn't be any comparison considering ones worth $2K while the other retails for $185...

I personally would never wear a pair of JBFs. Don't get me wrong, his work is nicely done but I'm not dropping $2K or close to it for Alligator skin and a lamb skin sock liner lmao

Different strokes for different folks sir. These sell for $750+ to some folks for the same reason JBFs sell for $2K+, limited and hype. You even mentioned it yourself (1 of 1) justifies a $2K+ price tag..... Nahhhhh

I'd personally rock normal black/reds or royals over those JBF custom black/red or royals. I honestly think he ruins the shoe. But hey, we're all different

Man this Frag thread makes them late nights really worth it
roll.gif

You guys are off the chain with this back and forth

^^^
how many ppl copped frags for retail?? i'd venture to say that MOST who copped at retail sold them to someone who REALLY wanted them. hell, even some who really wanted them to wear who copped at retail sold them. hence, MOST of the ppl who wound up getting them and really wanted them paid resell. i'd venture to say u are in the vast minority of those who were fortunate enough to cop for retail so congrats.

like u said, to each their own tho. and don't get me wrong, like i said i wish i had a pair of frags, they're dope as hell, no doubt. i just don't think they're worth the going rate so i been tryna put together a trade to obtain them. on the contrary, i didn't hesitate drop what i did on my JBFs. and ur right, there shouldn't be any comparison and there is none. JBFs are made by hand, one at a time rather than massed produced in a sweatshop on an assembly line.

you'd never WEAR a pair of JBFs or you'd never BUY a pair? ur CRAZY if you'd never WEAR a pair. there's nothing else like it. it's like having a pair of designer shoes, but without the butt ugly design (guiseppe's anyone?). JBFs are essentially an NTer's wet dream. what do i mean? it's the classic design and silhouette that we've all come to know and LOVE, but with some of the best quality, materials and craftsmanship on earth. something we'll NEVER get from JB. what more could you ever want besides a cheaper price?

and lastly i'd take a virtual 1 of 1 for under $2k over a pair that retails for $185 that is going for $800+ with AT LEAST 10k+ pairs worldwide ANYDAY. again, no real comparison. but again, like u said, to each their own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom