Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince
Umm what part of what I said warranted that response?
I've said it on here a couple times before that if these were just a non-OG NA, they wouldn't have anywhere near the hype or resell price as they do
And like I said, I just love the colorway, not the collab/hype, so that's why I got Frag laser customs made.

@AirSakuragi
Umm what part of what I said warranted that response?
I've said it on here a couple times before that if these were just a non-OG NA, they wouldn't have anywhere near the hype or resell price as they do
And like I said, I just love the colorway, not the collab/hype, so that's why I got Frag laser customs made.
True but the colorway is not revolutionary just a hole in the circle and I didn't mean to offend you, it's just these Fragment elitist who think they're the shoe gawds gift to the world. 

Nah, I can't classify Fragments as Grails.....they're available in consignment shops across the globe.

Go cop.

Black/Gold OG 1's (1985) is something I'd consider a Grail.

Whens the last time you seen one for sell? Or better yet, when's the last time you've seen a pair, period?

True grail.

Got my 2 pairs of frags for $700 & $750 a week or 2 after initial release , was offered $1200 last night for a pair and couldn't pull the trigger

I'm not even from NY yet I won 2 raffles for my size 10 From Flight 23 and DSM when I was up there for Christmas/New Year Eve......I'm not ballin to drop $1750 for pairs like people in here but I know how to ball at retail :smile:

I'm not even from NY yet I won 2 raffles for my size 10 From Flight 23 and DSM when I was up there for Christmas/New Year Eve......I'm not ballin to drop $1750 for pairs like people in here but I know how to ball at retail
smile.gif

View media item 1631922

You guys do realize that the Fragment ones are a Royal Black toe right? They're not reinventing the wheel here.  This is my theory, most of the people that got these got them because it was a collaboration and were limited; that's why they're $1,000 plus.  If they can out with the same exact shoe minus the Fragment collaboration these would be in the typical NA 1 price range.  The Shattered Backboard 1s have better materials than these but because of the decent availability of them and color used the prices are not as high as these.  Anyone saying that these have better materials than the Shattered Backboard 1s is bias towards the Fragments.  End of Rant.

If you have a problem with what I said, try to prove me wrong. 
Have you held a pair of frags in person?

Frags are better cuts of leather - thicker cuts too.

Frags are very close to the samples that never released back in the 80s.

Exactly. Frags are still one of the top quality 1s out. Wouldnt matter what collab or what resell. Vegas 1s are better quality than most all 2013s and they were at outlets. You cant call people for being elitist when they only are speaking truth. The frags arent worth the resell but def worth the quality hype.

Last edited:
i was so tempted to dip out my holiday party for a few hours to do the 21M/Niketown raffle, but people weren't drunk enough at that point
roll.gif

I only try and collect the OG colored 1's with the exception of Shattered Backboards cause I got those for free. Jeters, DSM, Pinnacles, etc, I try to avoid that crap that way I don't be out here spending tons of money on shoes that honestly mean nothing to me and are only coveted cause of the hype. I try to convince myself that Frags aren't OG and they're just a hyped up shoe. Hasn't been working because I've still been wanting them and now I just saw them in person when I visited NY and stopped by Flight Club last week. I NEED these shoes SMH...

Can't decide if I should go after these or stick to my OG tradition and try and grab Blk/Gold Patent Leathers. Decisions, decisions...

I only try and collect the OG colored 1's with the exception of Shattered Backboards cause I got those for free. Jeters, DSM, Pinnacles, etc, I try to avoid that crap that way I don't be out here spending tons of money on shoes that honestly mean nothing to me and are only coveted cause of the hype. I try to convince myself that Frags aren't OG and they're just a hyped up shoe. Hasn't been working because I've still been wanting them and now I just saw them in person when I visited NY and stopped by Flight Club last week. I NEED these shoes SMH...

Can't decide if I should go after these or stick to my OG tradition and try and grab Blk/Gold Patent Leathers. Decisions, decisions...

Hahaha dude I have restless nights going back and forth on this mindset myself. You couldn't have put it better. So difficult and my OCD doesn't help haha.

Back
Top Bottom