French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

Yeah but Lebron and KD actually play in their models and advertise them.. Retro Jordans have 0 advertising and nobody in the NBA currently plays in them exclusively (yeah Swaggy P and other players sometimes ball in retros but nobody in the NBA exclusively endorses them).
and retro's are clearly not for ball use for everyone. the technology has changed so much. Retros are retros'. Models 23 and up are for the new age athletes even though some do go back and wear them. Haslem (Heat) rocks retros and usually by halftime he is in something else.

NDC was just about sold out last time I checked... Just two sizes left. Not sure about other sites but if that's what sitting looks like I'll take it. If a bit of a price difference does that all releases, I'll be good with it.

so are everybody's pears on fleek?it was weird seeing the "remastered" IV & VII retro releases at all stores at my local mall i hope the price increase makes all future releases this easy to get even tho i know that is wishful thinking.i compared the leather quality on the two & in my opinion the quality was the same tho i have to say the craftsmanship was better on VII's then the pears of IV's i saw.these look on fleek on feet i hope these sit as long as possible so i can get a really good deal on them further down the line. 

Last edited:
These are chill.. Definitely more impressed with these after seeing the a few times on the Internet. The $190 price point does actually seem to be weeding out those social media hype beast, and at the same time it's forcing people to pick & choose. Any retro I cop at this point has to be something I've been after for a while.
I'm REALLY curious to see what this pricepoint is going to do to the less sought after retro models and CWs.. JB is going to have to step their creative game up, in that regard, or retros are going to start hitting the sales racks...

I'm REALLY curious to see what this pricepoint is going to do to the less sought after retro models and CWs.. JB is going to have to step their creative game up, in that regard, or retros are going to start hitting the sales racks...
No they won't. They'll still sell out but in weeks, not hours.

Nike has already amended store contracts with the 'no advertised sale' fine print.

Worst case scenario they hit outlets at -$10 cheaper. 

I love the "remaster" jig because A. Those who want the shoes can get them B. It has humbled employees.

As little as it may mean to others, but the best thing I took away from this releases is metal lace tips! :pimp:

I thought that was a nice touch as well.
It was part of the original shoe, so I don't see it as a bonus really. It would have bugged me slightly but not necessarily a deal breaker if it wasn't included. Ftr, these "metal tips" feel lighter than the OGs, but it's not that big of an issue. 

They are thinner, but slightly when I compared em to my 02 Raptors. Lol at not being surprised by the metal tips, JB hasn't used those in more then a dozen of releases that required them. So by just seeing em pop up on these def had me double take.

I hate being sized up and looked up and down like I'm trash by the store employee.  Like, lol, Like the store employee is better than me because I need something from them.

**** is the worst G.
That's why you buy online.

Last edited:
That's why you buy online.

Correct I always feel as nice as it is to have the shoes on RD it is worth every penny for shipping to not have to deal with the nasty employees and their bi monthly power trip when they go from Al Bundy to President of the United States and thinking if I slip up at all they will never call me again.

I hate being sized up and looked up and down like I'm trash by the store employee.  Like, lol, Like the store employee is better than me because I need something from them.

**** is the worst G.
I concur.

Last 3 releases they beat me to it "B-day coupon?" 

that big of a deal?

Only deal with the dudes once a week. I don't buy nothing that helps them with commission so I wouldn't be surprised if they would be mad at me
laugh.gif

Employees just mad their not making enough to pick up every release and hate that they see you every release lol

Ya'll can complain about store employees, rigged raffles and what not but just remember this. everytime you tip 20,50,100, whatever the heck you geniuses tip... that just entices them to keep being shady. The more it happens the more they will expect it as a given perk of the job. they are trying to make a living most of them so of course they are going to rip everybody off if you let them.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it, it seems like the Bulls Over Broadway X's are going to be a general and everyone says that All-Star Weekend will impact the Oreo release. I know it's wishful thinking, but let's hope these easy cops continue :pimp:.

WOW...this is the first retro that I've seen sitting THIS long.

Do y'all think the Hare's will sit like this?

Were the releases slow/easy pickups this time last year? The white/infra 6 was my first grab of the year in Feb and it was easy, every release I wanted after that one was pretty time consuming. Even the Venom 10

Last edited:
WOW...this is the first retro that I've seen sitting THIS long.

Do y'all think the Hare's will sit like this?
I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. These haven't been sought after like the hares or bordeauxs even. The new retail has caused shoes to sit longer than usual, but I doubt we'll go back to the days of Retros actually going on sale like back in 2010-11

Nothing sits up this way.  Everything...I mean...everything flies up this way.  I can't lie, when I was out yesterday, I saw a couple of releases from Saturday still in the windows of a couple of local spots, but, I think the price tag isn't so much the problem, as the colorway just isn't that desirable to the general masses

Nothing sits up this way.  Everything...I mean...everything flies up this way.  I can't lie, when I was out yesterday, I saw a couple of releases from Saturday still in the windows of a couple of local spots, but, I think the price tag isn't so much the problem, as the colorway just isn't that desirable to the general masses
agreed, here too (Boston).  Sitting on the shelf at Champs/FL at one of the nicer malls.

People will spend money if it's warranted.  We're a generation and culture driven by what older people call materialistic narcissism, so dropping $190 on some shoes is nothing to us, but as I always say, I'd rather spend money, than waste it, and I think people share the same sentiment.  Give a reason to spend the money.  Don't give reasons to waste it.  I don't think these are a waste of money.  Is it going to go down in the top 10 of retro + colorways?  No, but it is a eye catching color that can resonate and stand out in the summertime.  I check the ebay prices to see the market after releases, and these are going for easily $10 over retail, so I know resellers are tight that there's not much profit margin for these.  It's good because it'll cut down the shenanigans that goes down on lines and releases, but I highly doubt the days of walking into a Nike outlet out of chance and finding some retros (save for certain retro 1 cw's) on the outlet shelves will come back.  Not even seeing them go on sale.  Maybe some, but definitely, not most.

Back
Top Bottom