FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

i haven't even tried to look for the 2 pack but it seems some of yall need it. i'll see if mine has them tomorrow. i've been working too much this week haven't really been hunting, just been doing my online dealings.

^been wondering which episode that was from .

the beasting over this Goblin chase has already started.

someone posted it on FB for 50 shipped. then the bidding war got all the way up to $150

wow.

^been wondering which episode that was from .

the beasting over this Goblin chase has already started.

someone posted it on FB for 50 shipped. then the bidding war got all the way up to $150

wow.

You knew it was going to happen. Why try to pull one when you can just go and spend an absurd amount for it? Don't get me wrong, I'd love one, but seriously, even $50 is ridiculous for something that still can (possibly) show up in store?!? C'mon man. See how it shakes out then get on with being stupid on the bidding.

I kind of dont understand in-box collectors for that reason. why beast over variants like metallic/flocked/bloddy. if you never plan on showcasing.
I know thats sort of a different topic but those are the collectors that pay the most it seems.

I'm right there with you. I do NOT understand at all the thought process behind paying anything but retail for a pop that once you purchase it will sit in a box and that's that. It's not like you're gonna wear it or it'll improve your life. The entire fun to me is the actual hunt and the surprise of catching something in the wild. Other than that what's the point?...

No different than like stamp collecting. People collect things and it just sits there. "Hardcore collectors" care about value and all that stuff. Some people also have money to blow on plastic lol

which is another weird thing IN MY EYES (my personal opinion)

Hard core collectors don't plan on selling. but care about value?? for what...

If they collect to purely sell off in the future for profit more power to them...but how is someone a hard core collector but not collecting for themselves.

such a tricky definition

any recommendations on a shelf/case for display?

running out of room on my TV stand :lol:
Ikea has some good shelfs and displays. Baseball bat cases if you are out of box collector.

If they collect to purely sell off in the future for profit more power to them...but how is someone a hard core collector but not collecting for themselves.

such a tricky definition
To say they have it, to display it and show it off. The more rare and exclusive the more they want it

my simple collection... still looking to cop a few more star wars pops...i need like 3 more and then im good... but i want that deadpool chicken at walgreens so i see my collection building to +4 and then taking a good break until something good comes out... kinda undecided if i want to do that smugglers bounty box i still want the older boxes like chewy and phasma... and special shoutout to those who hooked me up with pops on here... yall are great... this is all on top of my mini fridge fyi
View media item 1889944

Last edited:
I kind of dont understand in-box collectors for that reason. why beast over variants like metallic/flocked/bloddy. if you never plan on showcasing.
I know thats sort of a different topic but those are the collectors that pay the most it seems.
I'm right there with you. I do NOT understand at all the thought process behind paying anything but retail for a pop that once you purchase it will sit in a box and that's that. It's not like you're gonna wear it or it'll improve your life. The entire fun to me is the actual hunt and the surprise of catching something in the wild. Other than that what's the point?...
So I guess I'll take a stab at this one. Just like you @Tdogg2k, I can only speak for myself, and I want to make it clear that I don't take any offense by anything said, nor do I think it was meant that way. I also don't want to come across as any way of displaying one's collection as wrong; what anyone wants to do with their own things is absolutely fine.  I'm obviously an in-box collector to anyone who has seen the pictures I posted a little while ago or done business with here on NT. The reason I leave them boxed is that, to me, I believe they look better boxed. I just personally like the way they are displayed in them, and I won't lie, I'm somewhat ocd with the way that things are displayed, and when I have them boxed, it gives it a really clean and uniformed look, and I really like that. I will be the first to agree that keeping them boxed does make some of the variants unnecessary, but I still like to get them if it is a character I like, or a movie/comic book/band/whatever that I follow. I also like to get them because I personally believe that most of the time, the window display is large enough for me to see the variant. Not all the time; a perfect example is the Wal-Mart exclusive Bumblebee w/ hand cannon; as the box cuts that off. But I'm a fan of the Transformers, especially him and Optimus. But I will also say that I'm probably not a normal in-box collector, as I do have some of my favorites out and running around my place. The three Visions, the most recent Smuggler's Bounty pop, and a few Iron Mans are all loose right now, and I would say on a weekly basis I am taking others out of the box and seeing if I can find a good way to display them loosely as well. I'm not opposed to out of box displays, I just haven't found one that looks better than boxed. I think the bat displays, the different IKEA-type units and generally most other ways that I have seen them displayed loosely do look good, but I just like the clean look of the boxes all together however I break them up. I guess to me, that is showcasing them, and I also totally understand someone disagreeing with me on that. It's all good. Once again, I can only speak for myself. I think that a lot of the in-box collectors who do display that way do it because they want to keep or help the value of said pop up, and while I personally think that kind of takes away the enjoyment of collecting these, I understand. I have spent good money on a few of these for my wife, and I want to make sure they last as long as possible, the main difference being I just want it to look great as long as possible, and not to flip it a few years down the line to make a few bucks. Money comes and goes, but things like these would be cool to just have for a really really long time.

such a tricky definition
For the most part, I couldn't agree more. The only thing I can say is again, just my thinking on some of this, is I don't mind holding onto a few pieces I don't necessarily have an interest in, if I think they may be able to make something that is ridiculously priced that I really want easier to obtain down the road. I would never try to rip someone off by asking for something unfair, but it's easier to pay a few bucks now to save a lot later, and make a great deal for all involved. While I haven't gotten anything for this reason yet(there is still SO many things I want that are still easily gotten to spend money on) that's just my two cents. But again, I agree with you for the most part. I don't know if people look at it the way I do, but thought I'd put that out there.

Quick question for y'all: i am trying to buy Prison Glenn locally. People are selling it 50$CAN (About 32-35$US). I find this price pretty high. What is your opinion ? Am I being cheap or this is really rape price ?

So I guess Walgreens employees musta said something to corporate cuz the locator doesn't work anymore to let you know if it's in stock or out of stock for the marvel pops

View media item 1890474
Guess they were tired of the resellers/hunters camping the stores

They called to complain that the stock locator actually has them doing work and requiring them to know their stock info. LMAO!!! Retail in general is a game for the indifferent but geez do the Walgreens managers not know ANYTHING about this product. I'm sure they have better things to do but it's comical how frustrating making a phone call can be with the hunt.

I finally found my Walgreens set. My taskmaster doesn't glow. I'm heading out to another later on so if anyone still needs them I'll pick them up. Does anyone still need the Walgreens Star Wars pops? The Walgreens I'm heading to might have some in stock

Back
Top Bottom