Further evidence that Michael Jordan is a D-Bag

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

When Karl Malone made that comical comment about Mexican girls to Kobe's wife, dude called Kay Malone, then left a message on the Malone's answering machine about what Karl was doing on the road!

Damn..

roll.gif
smh.gif

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Haha yall didnt see teh commercial with MJ and Charlie Sheen.
This makes me appreciate Magic Johnson's personality even more.

exactly, how u gon treat charlie sheen like that?

if he expected him to say no, then he should have been prepared for the worst.

anyways if he saw MJ taking pics with all these women, he should have been smart and used one to get a picture with him. MJ woman Cham.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

NT True Life: I Met Michael Jordan Today

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i always knew how mj was an a hole. It's a fact. I met one of his uncle's in nc (looks just like him) that was chillin eatingat my aunt's house and i'll just say that mj shows him no love. How he treats fans I don't even want to know
tired.gif

Lol i met MJ on 6 different occasions only one time he wasnt a jack *** aactually took a pic with me and signed a few kicks and thats only because someoneinformed him ahead of time that he was gunna be meeting me and a few other people to take pics and give a few Autos and he was basicly forced to be nice hahabut yea dude is a Dbag hes been known for it even Charles Barkley is nicer then MJ in real life
roll.gif

I'll be honest...

I don't pick the athletes I like by what type of people they're off the court. That's stupid, if you look up to athletes as "role-models"or whatever, you're gullible. We have other people for that stuff...

I like the athletes that are entertaining. I like athletes that promise victory and deliver. I became a Jordan fan because what he did on the court, notbecause of the person he was off it. I grew up watching Mike and honestly I wouldn't stop liking him as an athlete even if went as far as slappingChamillionaire. Listen there are plenty of poor role models in the world of pro sports. Maybe Mike catches more flak than the average athlete because he was sogreat. All I know is that if he was just your run of the mill b-ball player that had a stank attitude there wouldn't be a whole thread dedicated to him.

Threads like this reaffirm his legend on the court. The man was the GREATEST basketball player in the history of the sport. There will NEVER be another playerlike Mike in our lifetime.

Even those who'll attempt to duplicate his greatness will have their fair share of personality faults. Nobody is perfect and you can't pleaseeverybody.

Hey Muhammad Ali was a womanizer, let's discount his accomplishments in the ring because of his faults outside the ring. Mike Tyson? Ditto.

Hey Kobe Bryant cheated on his wife, let's discount the fact that he's a phenomenal basketball player and the most talented player to grace the leaguesince MJ himself.

Hey Brett Favre is disloyal, let's discount the fact that he's one of the greatest QBs to ever grace the gridiron.

Let's take all the athletes who have personality faults and don't fit the image WE so desperately want them to be and put them in some sort of"Hall of Shame". We WANT our athletes to be these selfless philanthropists that fall all over themselves to cater to our inner-children.

Grow the @(#* up NT, these are athletes, not role-models. Lames....

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
DEAD
laugh.gif

he pulled something like this with bill cartwright in practice and cartwright got up in jordans face and told him he would break his legs if he ever saidsomething disrespectful to him again. jordan never said nothing reckless to cartwright after that.

Mike only went "Hey kid, catch"
for the cameras.
smh.gif

But I can't blame the guy.
This same world that is begging for attention and good greetings from him,
is the same one that would tear his image and legacy apart in split second
like America does all it's "icons"

--Didnt need Cham to solidify this theory...or truth however you wanna look at it.
--MJ aint really a personality. His HOF speech had well deserved swag but was tasteless as hell.

Originally Posted by DubA169

just imagine if the internet and cell phones with video recording capabilities were big during jordan's prime

the "he's a POS stories would quadrouple

great point. sad but true.

I don't condone Jordan acting like a cantankerous old man to people who try to greet the guy but I'm sure the man didn't grow up envisioning beingone of the most recognized celebrities in the world either...

By nature, he's a basketball player. The greatest NBA player in history...bar none.

Then we have the media...

The media paints a picture of someone like Jordan, knowing full well how talented he was and markets the guy as not just an extraordinary athlete but one ofthe most likeable athletes in the world...

I remember the Gatorade commercials...everyone wanted to "Be Like Mike"...the McDonalds commercials where some kid would be telling hisfriends.."Hey, that's Mike!"...all to show MJ turn his head towards the kid, smile, and greet the kids at the table...

It's all marketing...Jordan saw $ signs..so he went with it. I guess as time goes on, you become resentful towards the everyday people...same people thatbought boxes of Wheaties just because MJ was on the cover...same people who bought Air Jordans because their idol wore them on the court...same people whothought Hanes t-shirts were so much better than any other ordinary white tee only because MJ endorsed em'...

That's the effect the media has....if an athlete is great...well then he just has to be a great person too. Let's show a smiling Jordan to the world,and paint the easy-going picture for the world to believe....

But we all know Jordan is a gambler, a womanizer, a *%@@# to teammates, a *%@@# to the common person....he's on a pedestal...he knows it...guy feelshe's above most people. I guess that's the effect money and fame have on a person..

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I don't condone Jordan acting like a cantankerous old man to people who try to greet the guy but I'm sure the man didn't grow up envisioning being one of the most recognized celebrities in the world either...

By nature, he's a basketball player. The greatest NBA player in history...bar none.

Then we have the media...

The media paints a picture of someone like Jordan, knowing full well how talented he was and markets the guy as not just an extraordinary athlete but one of the most likeable athletes in the world...

I remember the Gatorade commercials...everyone wanted to "Be Like Mike"...the McDonalds commercials where some kid would be telling his friends.."Hey, that's Mike!"...all to show MJ turn his head towards the kid, smile, and greet the kids at the table...

It's all marketing...Jordan saw $ signs..so he went with it. I guess as time goes on, you become resentful towards the everyday people...same people that bought boxes of Wheaties just because MJ was on the cover...same people who bought Air Jordans because their idol wore them on the court...same people who thought Hanes t-shirts were so much better than any other ordinary white tee only because MJ endorsed em'...

That's the effect the media has....if an athlete is great...well then he just has to be a great person too. Let's show a smiling Jordan to the world, and paint the easy-going picture for the world to believe....

But we all know Jordan is a gambler, a womanizer, a *%@@# to teammates, a *%@@# to the common person....he's on a pedestal...he knows it...guy feels he's above most people. I guess that's the effect money and fame have on a person..

well said.

i didnt realize what an !@# this MJ is until his hall of fame speech last month. thats when i fully realize what jacka$$ this guy is. he spent more timetelling stories and stuff about other people, than thanking his family. if you watch that speech, he probably spent about 5 minutes, if that, total talkingabout his mom, kids, family. the rest was about how he wants to show others how great he is. i mean he took it to another level.

these stories are amusing....

He marketing/image team was awesome to cover this up for so long.

Originally Posted by eight2one

these stories are amusing....

He marketing/image team was awesome to cover this up for so long.
this...

also every celeb has their d-bag moments especially when youre as popular as mj...imagine ppl coming up to u every single minute for a pic or autograph

I'm not saying MJ has to be nice all the time, but he is the one who put himself out there. Nobody forced him to join nike and get his jumpman plastered oneverything from underwear to umbrellas. He chose to, and has no problem continuing to cash the pay checks for it. If that means you have to be sociable 90% ofthe time, tough ****.

Back
Top Bottom