"Game's the same, just got more fierce." Vol. Snoop From Wire Arrested

Thats crazy
nerd.gif

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson

Soren McCarty/WireImage
FacebookTweetFelicia "Snoop" Pearson, whose real-life experiences as a drug dealer in Baltimore led to a celebrated acting role as a fearsome assassin in HBO's The Wire, pleaded guilty this week to conspiracy to sell heroin.

Pearson, 31, who was arrested in March in a pre-dawn raid in Baltimore, was sentenced to seven years in prison, with all of the time suspended except for the five months of house arrest she spent awaiting trial, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Pearson has repeatedly proclaimed her innocence, but said this week that she took a plea deal to put the episode behind her. "I have things to do, I have to move on with my life," she said.

Ironically, the alleged heroin conspiracy was discovered after law enforcement recorded key players discussing the operation on a wiretap, the Sun reports.

"While I'm delighted to have you here, I don't want to see you again," Baltimore Circuit Judge Lawrence P. Fletcher-Hill told the actress in court.

Outside the courthouse, Pearson said she had two movie contracts in the works and revealed a plan to follow the judge's advice.

"I'm moving to L.A.," she said. "I'm out of here, man."

7 years reduced to 5 months?

Felicia "Snoop" Pearson

Soren McCarty/WireImage
FacebookTweetFelicia "Snoop" Pearson, whose real-life experiences as a drug dealer in Baltimore led to a celebrated acting role as a fearsome assassin in HBO's The Wire, pleaded guilty this week to conspiracy to sell heroin.

Pearson, 31, who was arrested in March in a pre-dawn raid in Baltimore, was sentenced to seven years in prison, with all of the time suspended except for the five months of house arrest she spent awaiting trial, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Pearson has repeatedly proclaimed her innocence, but said this week that she took a plea deal to put the episode behind her. "I have things to do, I have to move on with my life," she said.

Ironically, the alleged heroin conspiracy was discovered after law enforcement recorded key players discussing the operation on a wiretap, the Sun reports.

"While I'm delighted to have you here, I don't want to see you again," Baltimore Circuit Judge Lawrence P. Fletcher-Hill told the actress in court.

Outside the courthouse, Pearson said she had two movie contracts in the works and revealed a plan to follow the judge's advice.

"I'm moving to L.A.," she said. "I'm out of here, man."

7 years reduced to 5 months?

Back
Top Bottom